Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:49 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,014 times

Advertisements

So in keeping with our present spirit of festive Holiday nit picking. Have you ever got a present that just made you go HMMMM.

Come on let it out. Dont be shy. We're here for you. Come on Honey. Tell us your worst present. And name the mean Grinch who gave it to you.

Cookies will be awarded as needed.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 12-21-2007 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Attention: This is a spelling and grammar free zone. Enter at your own risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 PM

WOOOPS. I forgot to post my own spiffy entry.

Ive gotten a few doozies from my Outlaws. In the beginning I just chalked it up to inexperience and was appreciative that they took the time to get me a present.. I am kinda hard to buy for. 5'10 red hair. Kinda geeky. Not your typical girlie girl. But as the years wore on I started to wonder if this wasnt their way of letting me know I wasnt what they considered "normal".

Id have to say the year that best qualifies as a HMMM. Would be the year I got a pink high necked polyester blouse that buttoned up the back with 40 teeny little round fabric covered buttons. And a pink Santa Claus.

Now I saw these peeps weekly and had voiced my preferences many times over the years. ANY body that knows me knows GREEN is my very most favorite color and I hate Pink. Not to mention that I would have to be sedated to wear a turtle kneck in ANY form. EEK: Just the thought is making me twitchy.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:05 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times
I'm 5'1 and about 108 lbs,one year my brother bought me an XL maternity shirt,with a picture of Bart Simpson on it ????????????? First off I'm not a Bart Simpson fan and I was definately not pregnant...lol

Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree View Post
I'm 5'1 and about 108 lbs,one year my brother bought me an XL maternity shirt,with a picture of Bart Simpson on it ????????????? First off I'm not a Bart Simpson fan and I was definately not pregnant...lol
Awwww. HOW MEAN. And who would have thought your very own brother would commit present abuse like that. Your cookies are on their way.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:47 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,146 times
This is a fresh memory (last night). My teenaged son is going to visit his dad for Christmas so we exchanged gifts last night. I make him spend his own money on a gift for me and his father every year (matter of principle) and he always asks me what I want.

I was very clear with him this year- even told him where to buy what I wanted (insulated cups). Well I got a hideous glass turtle.....?!?!?!?!?!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
I am kinda hard to buy for. 5'10 red hair. Kinda geeky. Not your typical girlie girl.
My goodness, it must be hell for you to try and find a good hat!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:00 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times
My mother used to always buy me clothes that were too small for me and not my style at all. I finially had to say, no more clothes!

I had an ex that I was on and off again with and happen to be "on" at Christmas one year. He gave me a pair of those sneakers with the wheels and three sizes too small. I think they were purchased for someone else and he gave them to me. It's ok, I sold them on ebay.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:59 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
So in keeping with our present spirit of festive Holiday nit picking. Have you ever got a present that just made you go HMMMM.

Come on let it out. Dont be shy. We're here for you. Come on Honey. Tell us your worst present. And name the mean Grinch who gave it to you.

Cookies will be awarded as needed.
I must admit that i was the bad guy one year but it was only because of the sizes
It was the first year i was married Christmas of 1979

Me and my wife went to the stores to buy everyone's presents and
i was watching what she was looking at to get an idea of what to buy for her.
She is a size 4 petite so here is where it gets good (bad for me)
I got everything down that i knew she wanted and went to the stores by myself to pick them up .
I got her a pair of leather boot and shoes she wanted
I went to each rack and and found the size card on top and picked out the pants,shirts,sweaters and a few other items,

I had the stores wrap everything for me ,
When she opened the first few (boots,shoes,ring,camera) she was happy as can be ,but then all hell broke loose when she opens the pants and shirts

Know how was i supposed to know that people don't always put the items back in the right size order ?

The first pants were size 14
the next were size 12 or something like that
good thing the last were the right size.
And it was the same with the shirts (one was even an xxl)

I learned my lesson so now
i ask the sales (girls of course) for the size i want and they find everything for me

Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Is this "fess up" time. This is guilt talking. One year I wanted to stay home, but in-laws insisted that we come and they decided that we would draw names and set a price that we really could not afford. That year I spent more on their presents than we did on our own children. I really resented it and dh would not ever stand up to them, so I bought the presents and paid the amount that was agreed and bought presents I knew everyone would hate. And they did hate them. Don't tread on me!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:44 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I must admit that i was the bad guy one year but it was only because of the sizes
It was the first year i was married Christmas of 1979

Me and my wife went to the stores to buy everyone's presents and
i was watching what she was looking at to get an idea of what to buy for her.
She is a size 4 petite so here is where it gets good (bad for me)
I got everything down that i knew she wanted and went to the stores by myself to pick them up .
I got her a pair of leather boot and shoes she wanted
I went to each rack and and found the size card on top and picked out the pants,shirts,sweaters and a few other items,

I had the stores wrap everything for me ,
When she opened the first few (boots,shoes,ring,camera) she was happy as can be ,but then all hell broke loose when she opens the pants and shirts

Know how was i supposed to know that people don't always put the items back in the right size order ?

The first pants were size 14
the next were size 12 or something like that
good thing the last were the right size.
And it was the same with the shirts (one was even an xxl)

I learned my lesson so now
i ask the sales (girls of course) for the size i want and they find everything for me
OMG Brian! Where were you when I was single?!! I would have been so thrilled that you had gone to so much trouble that I would have overlooked the sizing boo boo. Very sweet as far as I'm concerned. Merry Xmas sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics