Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times

Advertisements

Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned? I'll have a lazy afternoon, but I have plans for this morning and this evening.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). It has been a long time since I've had to do that.

Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? Pretty good when buying cars.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? When I bought my car a year ago, I got the deal I was hoping for.

Happy day all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 AM

38,893 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Questions Of The Day:
In case you didn't know it, today is Lazy Day.

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned? The only thing I have planned is to get my car cleaned. Otherwise, a lazy day.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? Sometimes.

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). The only thing that comes to mind is when a couple of co-workers and I had to come to work on a Saturday sometime last year. We were planning on staying all day (from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.), but our team leader at the time told us that the Internet was down and did not know when it would come back up (we need the Internet to do our jobs since we use Web-based applications), so we were dismissed not even an hour into the shift, which was nice and unexpected.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? Not very good at spur-of-the-moment plans. I need to make such plans in advance. In any event, I just "go with the flow."

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? I'm fair at it, but could be better.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? When I bought my car back in January, the dealer wanted to sell it at a higher price than advertised, so I brought a printed copy of their ad showing the lower price and I said that's what I wanted to pay. They agreed to sell it to me for the lower price and I was happy.

Just For Fun:
If you and 6 others were to be stranded on an island, like the folks in the TV show Gilligan's Island, which one of those characters would you be most like?
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan?
- The Professor? <--He would come closest. Someone has to be brains of the outfit.
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?

Have a relaxing and lazy Sunday!

Old 08-10-2014, 07:48 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Sunday's Questions - August 10th, 2014

Good Sunday everyone.. or whatever day of the week it is, if you happen to be looking at this at a later date.

Let's have some fun with today's..

Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned?
Nothing planned.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time?
When I plan, I do.

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s).
I planned to mow this weekend but I decided to be lazy.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment?
Not too good.

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive?
Some of the time.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for?
Yes. An acoustic guitar. However within days, I allowed myself to be "bargained down" on a Les Paul copy I sold.

Just For Fun:
If you and 6 others were to be stranded on an island, like the folks in the TV show Gilligan's Island, which one of those characters would you be most like?
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan?
- The Professor. I've always fixed and repaired things but where we differ is that I've repaired two boats and one was a sailboat.
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?

Thanks Magnum Mike. Everyone have a great Sunday.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:50 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Good Sunday everyone.. or whatever day of the week it is, if you happen to be looking at this at a later date.

Let's have some fun with today's..

Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned?

Sunday is always our Lazy Day, we do only what is necessary to care for the animals, no work.

Not when one plays "Trucker Roulette" most days of their life.

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s).

Thanksgiving about 8 years ago, we were either at our gathering place or on our way when we (my Husband and his 4 brothers) got the call that Aunt Evie had passed away.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and headed to Rockford, Illinois.
The boys were Pall Bearers. We had Thanksgiving Supper at the Machine Shed that year in Rockford.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment?

No problem here, again "Trucker Roulette" plays a big part of adaptation.

Bonus Questions:

Yes, I know what I will pay for an item and they take it or leave it, either way I don't care because someone else will take it if they don't.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for?

Yes

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper? I don't like water so not this one
- Gilligan? I don't play well with others who think it is fine to hit me with their hat so not this one.
- The Professor? I'm not quite smart enough to be a professor and I do not like button down shirts so not this one either.
- Mr. Howell Not enough money for this one
- Mrs. Howell I refuse to wear a straw hat with flowers on it all the time so not this one.
- Ginger I am not self centered so definitely not her either.
- Maryann? I am not so gullible or nice so she is out as well.

I guess I will have to be satisfied with being a "guest" strandee.

August 10th Is:
- S'mores Day
- Lazy Day
- National Duran Duran Appreciation Day (How did they get their holiday?)

August 10th Historic Bits:
1776 - American Revolutionary War: word of the United States Declaration of Independence reaches London
1821 - The State Of Missouri admitted as the 24th US state
1833 - Chicago incorporates as a village of about 200
1866 - President Buchanan spoke to Queen Victoria 2 weeks after the Transatlantic cable was laid
1869 - O B Brown gets a patent for the moving picture projector
1889 - Dan Rylands gets a patent on the screw cap
1936 - A high of 120°F (49°C) was recorded at Ozark, Arkansas (state record)
1938 - A high of 119°F (48°C) was recorded Pendleton, Oregon (state record)
1944 - The United States recaptures Guam from the Japanese
1949 - National Military Establishment was renamed to the Department of Defense
1966 - Daylight meteor seen from Utah to Canada, it entered Earth's atmosphere and "bounced" out of it
1972 - Paul & Linda McCartney were arrested in Sweden for drug possession
1993 - An earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter Scale hits the South Island of New Zealand
2003 - The highest temperature ever recorded in the UK - 38.5°C (101.3°F) in Kent
2006 - Scotland Yard disrupts major terrorist plot to destroy aircraft travelling from the United States

If you're not planning on having a Lazy Day today, have an enjoyable and a safe Sunday with whatever you have planned.
Sometimes I do not like how I have to post something after the end quote.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned? Plans... Taking my daughters and grand daughters to Circus Smirkus in Montpelier. I love taking the kids to performances, music....theater.... and watching the excitement and interest in their faces. Anna is five and Abbie is almost four.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? Typically

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexpected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). Happens when you plan for kids. One time I had reserved a hotel room at the water park in Lake George for family & a couple of the kids got sick.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? Sometimes I just stay home & sometimes I make new with plans. There are times new plans just involves a drive on back roads through Vermont and enjoying the day. There's always something to do.

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? No.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? Oh, probably not. I need to get better at it before buying my next car.

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan?
- The Professor?
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann

August 10th Is:
- S'mores Day
- Lazy Day
- National Duran Duran Appreciation Day (How did they get their holiday?)
- My youngest grand daughter's six month birthday

You're not planning on having a Lazy Day today, have an enjoyable and a safe Sunday with whatever you have planned. Thanks, Mike!

Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Questions Of The Day:

Lazy Sunday for sure. I have a doctor appointment in the morning and I'll probably be busy tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to enjoy some R&R today.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? Sometimes.

In my previous career I was on call frequently. There were a few times when I had something planned for a weekend but ended up having to delay those plans.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? Due to my experiences I mentioned above, I'm very good at it...lol.

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? Yes, I worked in sales many years ago so I know all of their sales tricks...lol.

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? Yes

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan?
- The Professor?
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?

Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning onhaving a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned?
Lazy Day
Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? No most of the time

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexpected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). I got nothing

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? That doesn't happen in my world

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? Not often

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? I can't remember

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan? <<<------- I'll go with this one!
- The Professor?
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?

Old 08-10-2014, 08:48 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Questions Of The Day:

Too early to tell if it's gonna be lazy or action packed.

Sometimes

A weeks vacation at the lake turned into a work week cleaning up a flash flood mess at the in laws home in Zion.

We are good at keeping the balls in the air and coming up with alternate plans.

Bonus Questions:
The Super Chief shines at this.

We did.

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan Why, just becuz.
- The Professor?
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Questions Of The Day:
In case you didn't know it, today is Lazy Day. - Sundays usually are.. But I would have to make up for it next Sunday...

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned? - Nothing different from the usual.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? It depends on what those plans are.. or will be.. It takes a lot of hard work to plan for a.. Lazy Weekend..

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). - Planned to take my friend and her twin kids to the movies a couple of weeks ago, but she wasn't feeling good.

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? - Oh sure.. it's always tough to come up with plans to do.. nothing.. - Actually, in most cases yes I can come up with alternate plans pretty quickly, that's probably one of the good things about being single..

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? - I am, but no matter how good of a bargainer you are, that won't mean anything if the seller is also a tough salesman..

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? - Not really, but I talked them down slightly on the price, which was better than nothing..

Just For Fun:
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan? - <--------<<
- The Professor? - <--------<<
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?
A mix of both Gilligan and the Professor.... LOL.. just hope you won't get stranded with me on an island.. I'll probably bore everyone of you talking about scientific theories, aviation, navigation, and computers..

August 10th Is:
- S'mores Day - I want more of those..
- Lazy Day - I could use a Lazy Week..

August 10th Historic Bits:
1776 - American Revolutionary War: word of the United States Declaration of Independence reaches London - Hmm.. I guess their "Internet Connections" were slow back then...
1936 - A high of 120°F (49°C) was recorded at Ozark, Arkansas (state record) - See? We're not the only place on earth with "Hot Summer".. - And No A/C.. that must have been a pleasant summer day..
1938 - A high of 119°F (48°C) was recorded Pendleton, Oregon (state record) - It's hard to imagine that high of a temperature in that part of Oregon..
2003 - The highest temperature ever recorded in the UK - 38.5°C (101.3°F) in Kent - For them, that must have been a lot more than a "heat wave"..

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.. and if anyone complains that you're Lazy.. tell them, you're celebrating being Lazy Day today..

Old 08-10-2014, 09:28 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Questions Of The Day:

So are you planning on having a Lazy Sunday today, or do you already have anything else planned? I didn't know it was Lazy Day today, I went for a two hour walk. Oh well.

Do you typically make your plans for the weekend ahead of time? A couple of days in advance maybe, for the sake of my OH. I'm quite happy to make plans on the spur of the moment but he doesn't like that.

Tell us about the last time you made plans for the weekend, or any other day, but some unexepected event came about and you had to cancel your plan(s). We had planned to stop at a campsite on Thursday night on our way back from Lapland but first we got lost and ended up a couple hours delayed, which turned out to be a good thing really as a storm came just as we were getting near the campsite so we changed our minds and drove all the way home. If we hadn't been delayed we would have got to the campsite while the weather was nice and then would have probably ended up with a tree falling on us or something

When cancelling original plans, how good are you at coming up with different plans at the spur of the moment? Excellent. I love spur of the moment things.

Bonus Questions:
Are you good at bargaining with somebody when buying something expensive? If I feel like it I can haggle pretty well. When I was in Moscow I loved visiting the markets and haggling the prices down on things that I wasn't going to buy anyway just for the fun of haggling

The last time you had to bargain with a seller did you get the "bargain" you were asking for? Probably

Just For Fun:
If you and 6 others were to be stranded on an island, like the folks in the TV show Gilligan's Island, which one of those characters would you be most like? No idea as I've never watched Gilligan's Island so have no idea what any of those characters are like
- The Skipper?
- Gilligan?
- The Professor?
- Mr. Howell
- Mrs. Howell
- Ginger
- Maryann?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics