Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:03 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,441,631 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ?

of course i do!

If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ?

one is enough, my hair usually doesn't need too much effort to be presentable.

Do you use the same kind every time or do you switch between different types ?

i often change shampoo.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a fax machine ?

no

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ?

here labor day it's the 1st of May! However, so that lessons will start in one month, today i'm still at home studying for the last two exams.

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ?

Today there is not a cloud in the sky! It didn't happen so often this summer here on the Alps.

Have a good labor day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 04:14 AM

11,359 posts, read 9,270,331 times
Hello all,

Happy Monday September 1, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ?

Currently working on a 34 oz pump bottle of Nexxus Therappe. I've had problems with some shampoos in the past so I only use this brand.

Extra Credit:

Just used it Friday. I'm an admin person so I have used one a lot during my work career.

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ?

A lot less. I stay pretty busy at my job and do a variety of things during the day.

Just for Fun:

Going out on a dinner date 2 weeks ago. It's very rare I get to eat with anyone.

Thanks, cloven.
Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Old 09-01-2014, 04:15 AM

288 posts, read 204,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ?

Extra Credit:

Bonus:

Just for Fun:

How pleasant everyone on CD has been to me during the past month.

Today in History:
1897: First underground rapid transit system in North America opens, Boston’s subway.
1905: Saskatchewan and Alberta established as Canadian provinces.
1939: Birth of American actress & comedian Lily Tomlin.
1951: ANZUS Treaty for mutual defense signed by New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
1974: Record set (by the SR-71 Blackbird) for fastest speed flight from New York to London, in just under 2 hours at rate of 1,435 mph.
1985: Remains of the RMS Titanic are located in a joint French-American operation.

Today’s Word:
ogee /ōˈjē/ (n.) architecture: two connected curves that turn in opposite directions to form an “S-shape”.

Today Is:
Labor Day
Calendar Adjustment Day

This Week is:
International Enthusiasm Week

This Month is:
National Honey Month
Whole Grains Month
National Skin Cancer Awareness Month
Mold Awareness Month
Self Improvement Month
Save the Koala Month
Library Card Sign-up Month
Subliminal Communications Month
Women’s Friendship Month

Today’s Picture:

^If you want to do the maze, connect arrow at lower left edge opening with arrow at upper right edge opening.

Thought for the Day:
“When you’re in a close relationship with someone, you sort of grow into each other, like two closely placed trees.
The farther you go, the more entangled you get, and the more impossible it becomes to extricate yourself without cutting away big swaths of yourself.”
-Kelly Williams Brown

Have a symbiotic day, C-D peoples.
Have a great Labor Day all!!!

Old 09-01-2014, 04:22 AM

44,616 posts, read 61,553,895 times
Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ? Yes, both for hair and the floor carpets.
If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ? Yes, 1 for hair 1 for carpet.
Do you use the same kind every time or do you switch between different types? Sometimes I switch and use the hair shampoo on the carpet to keep it neat looking and dandruff free.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a fax machine ? Yes.

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ? Same as always, vegetate.

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ? Nice hot cooked breakfast.

Today is Labor Day, support all those in labor today, especially all those women at the hospital delivering.

That maze will keep me amazed all day. Thanks Cloven.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:46 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,684,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven;Happy Monday September 1, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ? Yes.
If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ? No.
Do you use the same kind every time or do you switch between different types ?Sometimes I switch.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a fax machine ? Yes, but it's been awhile.

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ? Less. Only because my back is hurting today.

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ?:think:

Today in History:
1897: First underground rapid transit system in North America opens, Boston’s subway.:ok:
1951: ANZUS Treaty for mutual defense signed by New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
1974: Record set (by the SR-71 Blackbird) for fastest speed flight from New York to London, in just under 2 hours at rate of 1,435 mph.:cool:
1985: Remains of the RMS Titanic are located in a joint French-American operation.

Today’s Word:
ogee /ōˈjē/ (n.) [I
architecture[/i]: two connected curves that turn in opposite directions to form an “S-shape”.

Today Is:
Labor Day
Calendar Adjustment Day

This Week is:

This Month is:
National Honey Month
Whole Grains Month
Mold Awareness Month
Self Improvement Month
Save the Koala Month
Women’s Friendship Month

Today’s Picture:

^If you want to do the maze, connect arrow at lower left edge opening with arrow at upper right edge opening.

Thought for the Day:
“When you’re in a close relationship with someone, you sort of grow into each other, like two closely placed trees.
The farther you go, the more entangled you get, and the more impossible it becomes to extricate yourself without cutting away big swaths of yourself.”
-Kelly Williams Brown

Happy Labor Day to all.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 AM

36,409 posts, read 16,014,557 times

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ? yes
If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ? I have a few under the sink which have not been used up
I switch around.
Extra Credit:

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ? The same, I'm working today.

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ? I was surprised when Dad hired a photographer when family was here from California

Thanks Cloven

Old 09-01-2014, 05:38 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,668,100 times

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ?
YES
No, one head, one bottle of shampoo. No conditioners or additional goop
I buy what ever is cheap and use it until it's gone. Maybe if my hair were longer (or thicker) I would see a difference but right now I can wash my hair with shampoo, hand soap, dish washing liquid and I see no difference.

Extra Credit:
One of my printers also serves as a fax machine and I use it occasionally

Bonus:
More, On a regular Monday I would not be going to my S-I-L's for a BBQ

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ? I can't tell you

Today’s Picture:

I had a cab driver, in Chicago, take me to my destination using the same route.

Thought for the Day:
-Kelly Williams Brown

Old 09-01-2014, 05:52 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,133,299 times
shampoo
yes
no
same

I've used a facsimile machine (aka fax) many times.

Labor day - another day in paradise

last pleasant surprise - call from an old friend

Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,044 times
Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ? Do
If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ? A couple
Do you use the same kind every time or do you switch between different types ? Switch between the two

Extra Credit:
Have you ever used a fax machine ? Have occasionally at school

Bonus:
What with Monday being Labor Day, do you have more or less things to do (than on a regular, non-holiday Monday) ? Less. I will do some cleaning around the house & then sit on the lawnmower for a few hours.

Just for Fun:
What was the last pleasant surprise (however minor) you experienced ? I was at a farm stand on Friday & someone I used to teach with came in and gave me a hug. I haven't seen him in years.

This Week is:

Today’s Picture:

^If you want to do the maze, connect arrow at lower left edge opening with arrow at upper right edge opening. I did it! Took me a few tries and I worked from the top right down.

Thought for the Day:
-Kelly Williams Brown

Have a symbiotic day, C-D peoples. I probably won't see another person all day, but that works for me sometimes. Have a good day, all!

Old 09-01-2014, 06:45 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,787,043 times

Today’s Question:
Do you use shampoo ? yes I do
If so, do you have multiple bottles of it ? just two
I use the same kind all of the time

Extra Credit:
Yes I have, many times

Bonus:
I suppose it's about the same as any other Monday

Just for Fun:
This morning, my neighbor is finally having someone cut his jungle grass

Today in History:
1897: First underground rapid transit system in North America opens, Boston’s subway.
1974: Record set (by the SR-71 Blackbird) for fastest speed flight from New York to London, in just under 2 hours at rate of 1,435 mph.

Today’s Word:
ogee /ōˈjē/ (n.) architecture: two connected curves that turn in opposite directions to form an “S-shape”.

Today Is:
Labor Day
Calendar Adjustment Day

This Week is:
International Enthusiasm Week yippee!!

This Month is:
National Honey Month
Whole Grains Month
Mold Awareness Month
Self Improvement Month
Save the Koala Month
Women’s Friendship Month

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Kelly Williams Brown

Thanks Cloven!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics