U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 8,448 times
Thumbs up What you do if you win the powerball??

Well, This post is intentionally done due to the fact that I have told my family that I will be a power ball winner and they think I'm fool of s***. I needed to write this down so I can have at least something in writing and tell later to everyone.....See??? I was right! That way I have prove of my comments and thoughts to them! That's all.

Have a great one to everybody!! Marry X-mas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 09:07 AM

8,466 posts, read 10,553,422 times
I would not tell my family I won the Powerball!!!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:21 AM

42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelife67 View Post
Well, This post is intentionally done due to the fact that I have told my family that I will be a power ball winner and they think I'm fool of s***. I needed to write this down so I can have at least something in writing and tell later to everyone.....See??? I was right! That way I have prove of my comments and thoughts to them! That's all.

Have a great one to everybody!! Marry X-mas!!
I'll tell ya when the check clears. Ooops, afraid I won't have time then. If you see me disappearing from the forums, you'll know!

Old 12-26-2007, 10:07 AM

81 posts, read 257,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I would not tell my family I won the Powerball!!!!!
me too

i would not tell anyone...

i would help and give money to my family/friends...but wont go into full details as to how I acquired it.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 PM

10,199 posts, read 13,333,260 times
I would leave town for a week or two. Change my phone number's. Contact an attorney, financial planner, investment manager, and an accountant. FInancially I would pay off any debt that I have, home, student loans. I would also pay off my parents home. For fun I would buy a new Porsche for me and a BMW for my wife. The balance would be invested with the financial team that I created above. Each year I will draw an income from the investments that will support my lifestyle. In edition I would continue going to school to earn my Doctorate in Buisness. When they finish high school I will pay for there college education and when they marry, I will purchase each one a home. The balance of the money will be left to my grand children when they have finished there educations.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:10 PM

576 posts, read 2,908,783 times
Well someone who plays has to win sooner or later.

I wouldn't want it in the paper, news or the spotlight.

Financial manager & attorney.

I'd give my husband half and be gone. (he'd end up with half in a divorce anyway)

My daughter & grandchildren would move and have an endless supply of anything they want.

I have a few friends that would get houses & cars, money etc...

Open something for elderly people.

Open something for animals.

(tax shelters are needed)

Homes in the south on hundreds of acres (horses) (caretakers) and travel allot with the maid & the dogs in a big Bluebird top-of-the line rig.

Yep

Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 PM

326 posts, read 860,652 times
Turn my cellphone off. Forever!

Old 12-26-2007, 01:18 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,316,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastBrit View Post
Turn my cellphone off. Forever!
Good idea! I'll refrain from sharing mine.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM

10,199 posts, read 13,333,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Well someone who plays has to win sooner or later.

I wouldn't want it in the paper, news or the spotlight.

Financial manager & attorney.

I'd give my husband half and be gone. (he'd end up with half in a divorce anyway)

My daughter & grandchildren would move and have an endless supply of anything they want.

I have a few friends that would get houses & cars, money etc...

Open something for elderly people.

Open something for animals.

(tax shelters are needed)

Homes in the south on hundreds of acres (horses) (caretakers) and travel allot with the maid & the dogs in a big Bluebird top-of-the line rig.

Yep
Your money is spent and now you are poor again. Cracks me up when people talk about how they are going to buy everything in the world. As soon as you buy one friend a home, hundreds will be wanting there homes as well. I like the segments on one of the cable channels that focus on those that have won the lottery. Most of the people find that the money did little to make them happy. Most ended up losing all there winnings. One guy even won over $300million and him and his wife divorced, his daughter turned to drugs, and his life is now in shambles. He said on the segment that the money destroyed his life. You won't have to worry about your tax bill though, the Government gets theres up front. You will have a tax bill from income that you make from your winnings. Sounds like you are planning on spending it though. Reminds me of that old phrase, "a fool and his money"

Old 12-27-2007, 11:58 AM

5,108 posts, read 7,547,619 times
1. Quit my job
2. Contact financial planner and attorney
3. Give each of my 3 kids a check for $25,000 (just for starters fun money, they get more later)
4. Buy a cottage or cabin someplace beautiful
5. Book a vacation to Egypt because I've always wanted to see the pyramids
6. Book a trip to see the pyramids in Central America
7. Get a large stack of $100 bills and go down to the poorest parts of town and randomly hand them out to people, always wanted to do that
8. Take each of my kids on a trip of their choosing some place they've always wanted to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics