Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 AM

591 posts, read 663,761 times

Advertisements

Today’s question:

I don’t know about you guys, but our TV advertising is heavily slanted towards vitamin and mineral supplements of various kinds that are supposed to make us feel younger, more alive, more vital, more whatever.
What vitamin/mineral and other supplements do you take that actually do make you feel better?

Vitamin D3 only

Extra credit question:

How many of each of the following do you own? (Guestimates are fine!)

Coffee mugs 9

DVDs too many

Portable room/desk fans 0 4 ceiling fans

TVs 3 flat screens My husband pride and joy

Wine glasses 4

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stay healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, 21st October 2014.
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 21st 2014. Too windy to mess about in the garden today. We have a huge leopard tree which produces large and very heavy pods that fall off the tree during October – they often hit the metal roof of the house… noisy! Today it’s like a war zone – those pods are raining down every few seconds!

Today’s question:

I don’t know about you guys, but our TV advertising is heavily slanted towards vitamin and mineral supplements of various kinds that are supposed to make us feel younger, more alive, more vital, more whatever.
What vitamin/mineral and other supplements do you take that actually do make you feel better?

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs
10 -12??
DVDs
Hundreds!

Portable room/desk fans
4 or 5
TVs
5 or 6

Wine glasses

Bonus question:

Millie the Massage Fairy will give you a free 15-minute massage. Which one of the following would you prefer?

Head massage

Back massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now?

Thought for the day:

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. (Mark Twain)

Today is:

Count Your Buttons Day
Global Iodine Deficient Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day
National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
Reptile Awareness Day

In signing off, I want to apologise for my serious lack of rep-giving re QOTD in the last few weeks. It’s not that I don’t appreciate everyone’s answers but I haven't been spending much time on C-D lately and my rep-giving capacity has been stymied by the rep rules!

Have a great day.
Thanks Kobber!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Today’s question:

Oligo Vitamins and supplements by Melaleuca. Feel energetic and sleep better!

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs 4

DVDs Not sure

Portable room/desk fans 3

TVs 1

Wine glasses 4

Bonus question:

Millie the Massage Fairy will give you a free 15-minute massage. Which one of the following would you prefer?

Head massage

Back massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 AM

5,902 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 21st 2014. Too windy to mess about in the garden today. We have a huge leopard tree which produces large and very heavy pods that fall off the tree during October – they often hit the metal roof of the house… noisy! Today it’s like a war zone – those pods are raining down every few seconds!

Today’s question:

They don't make me "feel" any better but I take a multi-vitamin, calcium and Vitamin D

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs eight

DVDs around 40

Portable room/desk fans zero

TVs just one

Wine glasses none

Bonus question:

Head massage

Back massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now? no buttons right now

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Count Your Buttons Day
Reptile Awareness Day

In signing off, I want to apologise for my serious lack of rep-giving re QOTD in the last few weeks. It’s not that I don’t appreciate everyone’s answers but I haven't been spending much time on C-D lately and my rep-giving capacity has been stymied by the rep rules!

Have a great day.

Thanks Kobber!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 AM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Today’s question:

The only one I take that I really feel help is magnesium. Really has done wonders with night time leg cramps.

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs
2 for daily use, 25-30 collecting dust somewhere on a shelf.

DVDs

Portable room/desk fans

TVs
4 + 1 that need to be recycled.

Wine glasses
At least 12.

Bonus question:

Head massage

Back and shoulder massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Strangely enough 11, but only 1 is buttoned.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,670,577 times
Today’s question:

The only thing I take is a multi-vitamin that my Dr says I should because I live on junk food. I don't know that it makes me feel better but the Dr does.

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs 10

DVDs 5

Portable room/desk fans 0

TVs 2

Wine glasses 2 never used them for wine. Nancy had them because cold glasses hurt her fingers and she could hold the stem

Bonus question:

Head massage

Back massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now? none

Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Today’s question:
What vitamin/mineral and other supplements do you take that actually do make you feel better? I take a daily multivitamin and an extra dose of vitamin C. I also drink green tea fairly often. I haven't been feeling all that young lately, though.

Extra credit question:
Coffee mugs Maybe 20, plus an equal number of Christmas mugs.
DVDs Maybe 130. One set alone (M*A*S*H) has 34 discs.
Portable room/desk fans 3 - 2 at home; 1 at work.
TVs 2, although I only use the one in my bedroom once or twice a year.
Wine glasses About 12.

Bonus question:
Head massage
Back massage < Upper back and shoulders, please.
Foot massage

Just for fun:
Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now? 7.

Thought for the day:
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. (Mark Twain) I guess I've been smiling all over my body, then.

Today is:
Count Your Buttons Day I did!
Global Iodine Deficient Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day ok.
National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day Now we're talkin'. YUM!
Reptile Awareness Day I love reptiles!

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Today’s question:

I don't know. I could probably find out by not taking the supplement but I'm too scared to do that.

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs - 12ish

DVDs - Close to 3,000. I collect movies and documentaries.

Portable room/desk fans 2

TVs 4

Wine glasses 8

Bonus question:

Head massage

Back massage

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Today is Count Your Buttons Day. How many buttons do you have on the clothing you’re wearing right now? Zero

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Count Your Buttons Day
Reptile Awareness Day

Have a great day.

Thank you, Kobber.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:37 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Hello Everyone! Happy Tuesday

Today’s question:

I take a daily women's vitamin, calcium, fish oil, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12. In my head, I feel better. But I actually feel best when I work out. I am not the healthiest eater by a long shot so I'm hoping the supplements offset that a bit.

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs - maybe 3?

DVDs - Probably about 20-25

Portable room/desk fans - 2

TVs - 2 and getting another one

Wine glasses - around 6 I think. I have a fave that I use regularly. ha.

Bonus question:

Head massage - This is amazing, but.....

Back massage

Foot massage - This is my first choice

Just for fun:

Just one button on my pants.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=Kobber;36956887]Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 21st 2014. Too windy to mess about in the garden today. We have a huge leopard tree which produces large and very heavy pods that fall off the tree during October – they often hit the metal roof of the house… noisy! Today it’s like a war zone – those pods are raining down every few seconds!

Today’s question:

Oh that turtle sundae last Sunday after I woke up from my double shift made me feel better. Working nights is hell.

Extra credit question:

Coffee mugs...........About 15

DVDs......................Over 100.

Portable room/desk fans..One

TVs...............................One and a home theater with a projector.

Wine glasses..................About 30 champagne including the antique ones. Maybe 6 for red wine.

Bonus question:

Head massage

Back massage<----------------

Foot massage

Just for fun:

Zero

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Count Your Buttons Day
National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day I love pumpkin anything.
Reptile Awareness Day

I know me too.
Have a great day. Thanks Kobber, you too. I love the sound of rain on metal roofs.

Pam did something really nice for me to today. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so tecnotard!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics