Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:17 AM

27,290 posts, read 27,344,222 times

Advertisements

Well, since Im solo, and don't have an s.o., guess you might say Im the same height as me.
Personally, when the guy is taller, its a good thing, he can reach things n the house that you cant. Ha~

Stuffed bell peppers, stuffed chicken breast, stuffed cod, oh yeah!
Happy Thursday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 08:21 AM

44,312 posts, read 19,982,912 times
Today's Burning Questions:
It's your universe. You decide. In the song, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini":

What color are the polka dots? White

What color is the background? Yellow

Bonus Enquiring Minds Questions:
What is/was the height difference between you and any significant other and who's taller? I think he's about 9 inches taller than I.

How much does it matter to you who is taller? Not at all.

Foodie Questions:
Stuff it! Peppers or cabbage leaves that is, and plenty more besides.
What stuffed foods do you like and with what fillings? Love stuffed peppers and stuffed cabbage with the usual ingredients -- a mixture of ground beef, onion, rice and herbs. I also love mushroom caps stuffed with herbed bread crumbs. Ooooo, and big pork chops stuffed with swiss cheese and bread stuffing. Finally, my homemade bread stuffing in a turkey. In all modesty, I'll say my bread stuffing is the best.

Just for fun:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Since he can't the point is moot.

Today Is:
Great American Smokeout, kick your own butt If you won't do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones.
Bundt Cake Day Yum. I like a chocolate bundt cake with chocolate chips and sour cream in the mixture. No frosting needed.
Name Your PC Day Hmmmm. Right now I'm mad at my PC, so I'd better not say what name I'm thinking!
Peanut Butter Fudge Day Nummers!

Today's Nostalgia Picture:
Washington D.C., Tidal Basin beach, 1922. Not so itsy. Not so bitsy. But still may not measure up.
Policeman checks that ladies' swimsuits are not more than 6" above the knee.
You can't fault a man for enjoying his work. Love the photo, bjh. The story reminds me of when I was in high school and my English teacher (a woman) measured the girls' skirts every day to make sure they were not more than 2" above the knee. This was in the day of mini skirts, so she busted a lot of girls. What she didn't seem to realize was that the rest of us simply rolled up our waistbands to make our shirts shorter after she did the measuring.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 AM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
Today's Questions are too shy to come out of the water.

It's your universe. You decide. In the song, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini":

What color are the polka dots? Black?

What color is the
background? White?

What is/was the height difference between you and any significant other and who's taller?
I'm about an inch taller than my wife but she's catching up.

How much does it matter to you who is taller?
I've never given it any thought so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Foodie Questions:
What stuffed foods do you like and with what fillings?
Stuffed peppers work for me, especially Chili rellenos.

Just for fun:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
We have woodchucks out here. They're called prairie dogs and there is no wood to chuck.

It's much warmer here today so I'm headed out for a walk with my dogs. I hope everybody has a great Thursday!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:28 AM

715 posts, read 1,231,348 times

What color are the polka dots?

What color is the
background?

Since polka dots are one of my favorite things, I do like the classic white polka dots and black background. I also happen to like yellow polka dots with a more purple/fuschia background

What is/was the height difference between you and any significant other and who's taller?

My fiance is 6'3" and I'm 5'3". Everyone is pretty much taller than me in the first place so it never really matters lol. I've been into guys who were the same height as me and taller.

Foodie Questions:

Jalapeno poppers. Also, since meeting my FMIL, I've loved stuffed artichokes. It's a staple in fiance's family household around the holidays. Also, stuffed clams.

Just for fun:

I'm guessing a lot.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:29 AM

4,039 posts, read 2,900,255 times

What color are the polka dots? Black

What color is the background? Yellow

What is/was the height difference between you and any significant other and who's taller? 6" and he is taller.

How much does it matter to you who is taller? I prefer my significant other to be taller than me.

What stuffed foods do you like and with what fillings? Turkey with standard stuffing is my favorite.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I'm thinking just a couple of twigs.

Thanks bjh and happy Thursday everyone!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM

24,374 posts, read 25,884,527 times

White

What color is the background?
Yellow

The Super Chief was taller by 1" years ago, but she's shrinking and now I'm 1"taller.

Makes no never mind.

Foodie Questions:
Stuffed bell peppers with hamburger and rice, croissants with ham and cheese, chili rellenos with cheese, stuffed shells.

Just for fun:

Old 11-20-2014, 12:25 PM

18,761 posts, read 11,755,546 times
[quote=bjh;37343918]Today's Questions are too shy to come out of the water.

What color are the polka dots? Purple, teal,and green.

What color is the
background?
Pale yellow.

About 6 inches.

It would be a tad strange if I was taller then John.
Foodie Questions:
Some day I'd like to try stuffed french toast.

Just for fun:
It only takes one to hit you in the head.

Today in History:
1820 An 80-ton whale attacked and sunk the "Essex," a whaling ship from Nantucket, Massachusetts at 2,000 miles off the western coast of South America. Herman Melville's 1851 novel "Moby-Dick" is inspired in part by the story.
1947 Then Princess Elizabeth married Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten, later the Duke of Edinburgh, at Westminster Abbey in London
1967 US population passed 200 million
1974 US Department of Justice filed its last anti-trust suit against AT&T Corporation, leading to the breakup of the AT&T Bell System
1984 McDonald's sold its 50 billionth hamburger
1985 Microsoft Windows 1.0 released
1992 On Queen and Prince Philip's 45th wedding anniversary a spotlight in a chapel caught a curtain on fire in Windsor Castle, spreading into other rooms and causing over £36 million in damage. The fire burned for 15 hours and required over 200 firemen to extinguish. Buckingham palace was later opened to tourists to offset the cost of repair.

Today's Quote:
"I am, as I am; whether hideous, or handsome, depends upon who is made judge."
~Herman Melville

Today Is:
Great American Smokeout, kick your own butt
Bundt Cake Day
Name Your PC Day
Peanut Butter Fudge Day

This Week Includes:
Farm-City Week

Today's Nostalgia Picture:
Washington D.C., Tidal Basin beach, 1922. Not so itsy. Not so bitsy. But still may not measure up.
Policeman checks that ladies' swimsuits are not more than 6" above the knee.
You can't fault a man for enjoying his work.

Library of Congress photo and pre-1923 photo, in the public domain.

Have a modest Thursday!

Hope so bjh. I'm sure I'm only working 4 hours today. Our friend had a minor set back yesterday. I was working on the floor where she is so I could check on her a lot. She has a long long road ahead still.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:07 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,867,936 times

What color are the polka dots? Green

What color is the
background? Purple

What is/was the height difference between you and any significant other and who's taller? Both my daughters are taller than me by 5 inches.

How much does it matter to you who is taller? Doesn't matter when they're around, because they can reach things for me!

Foodie Questions:
What stuffed foods do you like and with what fillings? I rarely eat stuffed foods. I used to like stuffed shells. We stuffed them with cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream and then pour spaghetti sauce over them and shredded mozz & cheddar.

Just for fun:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Several cords.

Looking forward to Friday!

Old 11-20-2014, 02:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,233,096 times

Every color of the rainbow
What color is the background?
White

I'm either 6'1" or 6'2", can't remember which. I'm a lot taller than my grandmother, who is barely 5 feet!
It doesn't matter that much.

We all went to a Starbucks in the basement of a building built in the 1800s. The doorways were so low I had to duck slightly! People were so much shorter back then. Even though I, myself, don't drink coffee, I still think it's one of the most interesting little shops I've ever been in.

Foodie Questions:
Not a fan of stuffed foods. I'm such a picky eater it's crazy, as evidenced by the QOTD!

Just for fun:

Old 11-20-2014, 03:07 PM

21,481 posts, read 8,667,598 times

?? or Yellow

What color is the
background? Yellow or ??There's yellow in it somewhere, but the song doesn't specify. I always visualized it as a yellow bikini with white polka dots.

I am 5'2", he is 6'4", so 14 inches or one foot, two inches.
Since I am very short I think I would prefer that the man be taller, but I am not hung up on height. As long as I love him, I don't care how tall or short he is.

Foodie Questions:
I like stuffed peppers and stuffed roast poultry. I also like cannoli, which are crisp shells stuffed with sweetened ricotta.

Just for fun:
You're so silly!

Thanks, bjh!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics