U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:05 AM

47 posts, read 224,397 times

Advertisements

If you could step back in time, what would you do different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 08:26 AM

531 posts, read 1,826,846 times
I would have applied myself more in school. Jeez...I was such a lazy teenager! Now I know why my mom has gray hair! Other than that I would not do anything differently. I like who I've become. I can be proud of myself!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 AM

21,331 posts, read 29,255,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandevder View Post
I would have applied myself more in school. Jeez...I was such a lazy teenager! Now I know why my mom has gray hair! Other than that I would not do anything differently. I like who I've become. I can be proud of myself!
I also wish I would have worked harder in school and finished college. But since I can't go back and change the mistakes I've made I try to learn from them and not repeat them. I can't redo or change the stupid things I did so I try to look at right now this moment and do the best I can so tomorrow I'll have no regrets.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM

622 posts, read 2,486,764 times
i would've gone to a university instead of a private school. this debt isnt worth it.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,268,341 times
I would major in something other than elementary education. I never imagined that I would work for most of my adult life and I wish I had prepared myself for something different. I taught school briefly after graduating and then realized that I didn't really like the hassle of dealing with the administration and parents, doing lesson plans, making bulletin boards and all the other "housekeeping" chores that go with the teaching part (that I loved). I wish I had major in political science, gone to work for the government (great pensions) and maybe gotten in to politics. Oh well...

Old 11-04-2006, 01:17 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,716,588 times
I would have spent less time reading and on the computer(but boy was it fun) and done more sports or just shop around. I also would have NOT worn minus glasses and instead used the plus lens and natural vision improvement to halt my myopia. Because of those mistakes and wearing minus glasses, my eyes got worse and to this day I am -4.5 which sucks!

Old 11-04-2006, 06:48 PM

56 posts, read 366,549 times
Knowing what I know now I could change a lot, but that could be dangerous. I do always catch myself saying however that I would love to go back to 1997 and repeat through today. Id say pick my friends better, go for a different degree plan in college, STUDY MATH MORE lol, and take up more talents.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:15 PM

504 posts, read 1,609,408 times
Thier is so many things I would do different so many things I feel sorry for, so many things I feel like a rat about. I would show more effection to those I have loved and are now gone. I would have more patience, watched my temper, worked less, saved more money, went to Alaska, not be so critical, watched my sarcastic mouth, exercised more, drank less, its a good thing I like living alone.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:24 PM

21,331 posts, read 29,255,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Thier is so many things I would do different so many things I feel sorry for, so many things I feel like a rat about. I would show more effection to those I have loved and are now gone. I would have more patience, watched my temper, worked less, saved more money, went to Alaska, not be so critical, watched my sarcastic mouth, exercised more, drank less, its a good thing I like living alone.
Don't be so hard on yourself!! It's not too late to do some of these things. Why not still go to Alaska, I hear it's beautiful.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:10 AM

622 posts, read 2,486,764 times
Yes!! Life is not over yet! There is no time like the present, Alexander! You should look into Alaska!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics