Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 09:25 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times

Advertisements

I know all about Santa... age 4-5.. I helped him unload the car.. all the presents were in the trunk. I had my Doctor Denton's on.. and I tried grabbing what I could reach..1950 Chrysler trunk... till grumpy Santa.. aka ( Dad ) found me knee deep in snow trying to crawl into the trunk. My mother was laughing so hard... what are you going to do Santa ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Come on Mike, it's Christmas... and we're all adults here and we know the difference between the two and most likely did then, too, at least I know I did.

This type of insulting repertoire doesn't belong in this forum, especially among friends. Second, it is exactly what turns so many people away from those that do believe and has the exact opposite effect that true believers all hope for... and that last sentence was completely off-base, unnecessary and uncalled for.

While none of us believe the same way, nor should we be expected to... I do hope that if and when you have children, that you'll at least consider being a little more inclined to venture into the land of fantasy, at least for their sakes.

Merry Christmas to you too BstYet2Be.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:03 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
I believed in Santa until I was about 9. I find it to be a great disservice when parents deny their children the Wonderland of Santa.

Today, I STILL believe in Santa, if in a different light. I believe in the concept, and that concept brought me so many thrills in my life.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:29 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I believed in Santa until I was about 9. I find it to be a great disservice when parents deny their children the Wonderland of Santa.

Today, I STILL believe in Santa, if in a different light. I believe in the concept, and that concept brought me so many thrills in my life.
You can still have the fun of the story and tradition without outright lying to your children. I never missed out on not having the Santa thing, and my daughter gets the best of both worlds with pretending Santa but no lies.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
When I was four years old, I got a little scared of Santa because he wouldn't talk! Actually I lived in a tiny town where everybody very literally knew everybody, and the guy they got to play Santa for our community Christmas party was one of the town's citizens who had a very distinctive raspy voice, thus no HO-HO-HO or other vocalizations, or we all would have known it wasn't really Santa.

That's the last time I remember actually thinking Santa was real.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
After what happened to me last saturday I still believe in santa as a grown man

Old 12-28-2014, 08:19 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
After what happened to me last saturday I still believe in santa as a grown man
What happened, FBJ? C'mon, spill. Did the Cowboys clinch the playoffs?

Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
What happened, FBJ? C'mon, spill. Did the Cowboys clinch the playoffs?
Yes, the Eagles collapsed and the Cowboys clinched and made the first time in 5 years. And it was always the Cowboys who was known for collapsing in december not the eagles

The Cowboys were 4-0 in dec and the eagles were 1-3. Feeling Good

Old 12-28-2014, 11:51 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yes, the Eagles collapsed and the Cowboys clinched and made the first time in 5 years. And it was always the Cowboys who was known for collapsing in december not the eagles

The Cowboys were 4-0 in dec and the eagles were 1-3. Feeling Good
Congratulations, Cowboys! The Forty-Niners need a new coach, and I think Santa could probably have done a better job than the guy they had last season.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:13 AM

24,470 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Congratulations, Cowboys! The Forty-Niners need a new coach, and I think Santa could probably have done a better job than the guy they had last season.
Dunno about a new coach Bay, seems like it was players, front office and owners were the issue. Jim's 4 year four-year run can include three NFC title games, one Super Bowl appearance, zero losing seasons. Pretty impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics