Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times

Advertisements

I am a snob about:
Nice greeting cards..hate cheap ones

Serving good beer at parties....you won't find a keg of Milwaukee's Best anywhere near my bash

Nice wrapping paper..when I met my husband he wrapped my gift in the comic section of the paper....

Birthday cakes..I can't stand the 8x8 cakes in tin foil pans store bought

Serving open condiments at parties....Been to people's homes where they bring out salad dressing with a half teaspoon in the bottle.... or cheap no name freezer burned ice cream .I buy new stuff..

Cheap chintszy Bath Wash...

Cheap candles....

Gotta watch a movie from start to finish..not an hr into it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 11:08 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,099,533 times
"... salad dressing with a half teaspoon in the bottle.... or cheap no name freezer burned ice cream..."

I just about gagged reading that. Way to treat the guests like they're special!

Your movie-watching style is the same as my husband's. Me, I'll jump in any old where. A big thumbs-down to the factory-made birthday cakes, however!

Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
Zen....that's MY huband....2 mins left in this blockbuster flick and he's all in!!!

Old 12-28-2014, 11:52 AM

24,462 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Ghirardelli, love it! What a coincidence you should say that, Bluesmama. I just finished eating a Ghirardelli Square, dark chocolate filled with white mint.
Just happen to have a bunch of Ghirardelli Squares sitting within arms reach on my desk.

Ghirardelli - Premium Chocolate and Chocolate Gifts

Old 12-28-2014, 12:13 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Come to my party, but don't bring anything. I have a menu planned. It will be fantastic!

Wine in a plastic cup! Forget it! I insist on a beautiful crystal clear wine glass.

Surprise company just rang the doorbell! That's o.k. I can serve mini sandwiches and fruit tarts in a snap. I plan ahead, bake, cook, freeze, and thaw. You won't get potato chips and a coke here, but you will be served like kings and queens.

The 1/2 bath, on the first level, must always be spotless and ready for company's use. There will always be high-end foaming hand soap, throw away finger towels (not paper towels), fresh flowers in a tall, corner vase, and plug in scents according to the time of year (cinnamon, balsam, lavender).

Going out to dine in a nice restaurant: Sit me far away from children, or I'll leave. I've gone that route with 3 of my own. No apology.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:41 PM

126,271 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Come to my party, but don't bring anything. I have a menu planned. It will be fantastic!

Wine in a plastic cup! Forget it! I insist on a beautiful crystal clear wine glass.

Surprise company just rang the doorbell! That's o.k. I can serve mini sandwiches and fruit tarts in a snap. I plan ahead, bake, cook, freeze, and thaw. You won't get potato chips and a coke here, but you will be served like kings and queens.

The 1/2 bath, on the first level, must always be spotless and ready for company's use. There will always be high-end foaming hand soap, throw away finger towels (not paper towels), fresh flowers in a tall, corner vase, and plug in scents according to the time of year (cinnamon, balsam, lavender).

Going out to dine in a nice restaurant: Sit me far away from children, or I'll leave. I've gone that route with 3 of my own. No apology.
I was always told by my grandmother that a clean kitchen and spotless bathroom is the "Visitenkarte" ...business card of a Hausfrau and I live by that statement

Old 12-28-2014, 03:48 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
COFFEE

Not really a snob about it.
Just really enjoy a really good cup of coffee.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:28 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
My tribal card.

I'm not really a SNOB about it, but am a bit PROUD.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Bad coffee...take it off the check, please.
Bad food at a restaurant, I'm spending
good money, come on...."So sorry, I can't eat this...you try it. See what I mean...
it's not your fault", to the waitress...

I just can't eat or pay for unedible things...but, I'm never mad...it's just food.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:00 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Chocolate - hate the cheap stuff
Ditto for ice cream
Toilet roll - has got to be soft, not the cheapo rough stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics