Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:05 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,085 times

Advertisements

A thread in the House forum made me think of this topic ("What things make you cringe")

Well, I'm a person of modest means, but that doesn't stop me from being an insufferable snob about some things! I'll make a wee list:

1. Glasses frames
2. Figure skates
3. Scarves
4. Vintage small kitchen appliances
5. To a lesser degree, footwear (get those hideous white trainers out of my line of vision!)

You? Don't be afraid of snobbing it up here...that's what this thread is for!

(And righteous naysayers, keep your sanctimony to yourselves. The rest of us will have fun.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 PM

393 posts, read 345,512 times
Most Americans' perception of the state of California, its variety of weather, geography, etc.

It's not what you see on TV. I wish people were less stupid about it, but they are self-righteous about their ill-informed poor educational knowledge of things like this.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Clean water and whole nutritious food.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM

30,525 posts, read 16,222,191 times
shoes. cheap just isn't worth it.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:23 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
White Wine or Red Wine with the fish...
Yellow Mustard or Grey Poupon ...on your hot dog
Lite Beer or Regular Beer with the hot dog..

Old 12-27-2014, 08:31 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
  • Margarine and balloon bread. That's all we ever got when I was a kid. Never again!
  • Spaghetti sauce. Gotta be homemade.
  • Chocolate. Hershey's tastes like baby vomit to me.
  • Home decor. I like it simple and can't stand "wall art," anything country, knick knacks, ruffled curtains, too many patterns, Thomas Kincade, fancy chandeliers or Disney anything.
  • Suburbia. Grew up there. Never going back.
  • Tattoos. Sorry, but yuck.
  • Fast food places and chain restaurants. Only if I'm traveling and that's all there is. Otherwise, no.
I generally agree with Temeku about California haters. There are 49 other states. Go live in one you like and be happy.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
I gotta go with chocolate. Cheap chocolate is just yucky except for reese's PB cups.

Coffee.. You won't see me buying Folger's or Maxwell House

Socks and Underwear... Jockeys panties tend to be on the pricey side but they last longer than the cheaper brands. I like the thick socks. Soft and comfty

Old 12-27-2014, 08:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Mine are an odd hodge-podge.
  • Certain foods: Spicier cuisine needs to be just that - spicy!
  • Fried chicken: You simply cannot find GOOD fried chicken here anywhere!
  • Grooming: To me a woman looks undressed without at least some minimal makeup.
  • HOA's. I know - I'm a snob against the snobs.
  • Cocktails served in restaurants and bars that are too "watered down": People pay way too much money to be cheated out of what they pay for. Quit scrimping!
  • Jeans with holes in them: Do you really want to look poor? What do holes have in common with comfort? (And, yes, I felt this way back in the 60's, too.)
  • Dogs in certain places: To me they're like kids - they don't belong in some places!
  • "Nautralists" who smell bad: Yes, I know of a couple who do.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
  • Chocolate. Hershey's tastes like baby vomit to me.
One of my favorite chocolates is right there where you are - Ghirardelli. I miss the standard chocolate bars they used to have, though. Now it's just squares or the squares in BIG bars.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:10 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
One of my favorite chocolates is right there where you are - Ghirardelli. I miss the standard chocolate bars they used to have, though. Now it's just squares or the squares in BIG bars.
Ghirardelli, love it! What a coincidence you should say that, Bluesmama. I just finished eating a Ghirardelli Square, dark chocolate filled with white mint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics