Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 08:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,507,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post

Good morning and great pic's jezer. Molly is so sweet and so cute.

I dont' have a lot of peeves that aren't political but I do have one.........people leaving shopping carts in the parking lot free to roll and bang someone's car.
Happens all the time. What are people that frigging lazy they can't put the dang thing back. It's all over. The cars get zinged because of lazy jerky people who can't walk a few extra steps to the trolly and put the dang thing back. This has been a peeeve of mine for a few years and I think I mentioned it to you before several times.
well I"m mentioning it againg for the zillionth time. Everytime I go to the store I see this. These days you have to be careful what you say to people. But I'm this close to telling the to get their lazy Axx moving and put the dang thing back. But If I do I may get a bullet somewhere. Sorry for the negative rant but this really burns my bum
Probably my biggest peeve too. Just plain self-absorbed laziness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 09:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 17,308,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Probably my biggest peeve too. Just plain self-absorbed laziness.
I'm with you on this as well.

Had a ding taken out of my car this year, and also had a big one from a cart that got caught by the wind a few years back.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:14 AM

27,229 posts, read 27,292,917 times
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing, they are really awesome!

I really don't have a peeve for 2014, but an grateful to have an awesome family.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:19 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,806,881 times
My peeve of the year is the way people have treated their animals..just seems to be getting worse..not getting their puppy neutered or spayed then they have puppies and they dump them..here in Tennessee the stray animal population is enormous.I am sure it is everywhere but just notice it here with dogs walking aimlessly around..skin and bones..laying in the road..I am also on a Facebook site that lets people sell trade or rehome animals in Knoxville and there are people there rehoming a dog they just got because THEY are pregnant..don't have time...it is unruly.. doesn't get along with their other 12 dogs...the sky is blue..you name it, they have an excuse and I know it is better that was trying to find another home than dumping it in a parking lot but still..Last night someone was begging for dog food...I told her to pm me her address and I would send her a check...I didn't buy a lot of gifts this year so I could help her out with a few big bags.She said thanks but someone was bringing her half a bag...ok....whatever...

The animal abuse and neglect is rampant and if you cannot afford a dog or cat...then don't get one...

I feel better now..

Old 12-29-2014, 10:29 AM

30,222 posts, read 15,984,216 times
As for my peeve of the Year:

(only one?)

I agree with linda814 about the animal abuse.

I'm peeved at all the additional aches and pains as I get older.

I'm peeved I couldn't sell the house I lived in before this one. At least I've got some good tenants now. But I'd really like it gone.

But I really like your photos, Jezer. Especially the ones of Molly. Hard to believe she was that little.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 AM

5,865 posts, read 3,744,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

What annoyed you most in 2014?
I guess that would be the total lack of responsibility of a friend who is on drugs and has caused real hardship for his wife to the point where they lost everything and are now homeless. He's now in jail where he belongs.

Beautiful pics as usual Jezer.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:37 AM

24,272 posts, read 25,769,113 times

Hmm, I'm thinking (believe it to not) it's transportation growth, it seems like freeways/interstates are constantly adding new lanes which disrupts traffic.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:15 PM

7,212 posts, read 6,979,991 times

Dealing with movers. Not an honest one in the bunch. Moving sucks.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:34 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,070,411 times
Having to turn off the radio whenever they talk about movies (that I have not seen). 10 times out of 10 they spoil the movie. Some people don't care - they want to be convinced to spend the money so they want to know the details of the film, regardless if the ending is spoiled, etc. Me, I immediately turn it off. It's a pet peeve.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:53 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,208,163 times
Oddly, I can't think of a big peeve in 2014. Knock on wood.
There have been several small ones that are not worth mentioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics