Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:12 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times

Advertisements

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your first full-time job as an adult.
Certainly not my first job but the first full-time job was as F100 crew chief in the Air Force. Later our squadron received the then new F111s that I crewed.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Fallen asleep on public transit and missed your stop? Yes.

Been stuck in an elevator? No.

Had your car towed away (either because of a parking violation or because it broke down). Once the City of New Orleans towed my new Mazda 626 from a designated agency parking spot even though my parking permit plaque was displayed in the front windshield. The front air air dam (below the bumper) was crushed on the car causing several hundred dollars in damage. The City never paid, or apologized, for the damage but they did give me my car back.

Driven or been a passenger in an 18-wheel (or similarly large) truck. I drove several 18-wheelers after my military service in order to pay for my college. A picture is attached of one of the trucks I drove. That's my then very young daughter in the cab.

Left something valuable or important in a taxi-cab? No.

Forgotten where you left your car in a parking lot? Many times.

Bonus question:

Today we’re going to work at the local tennis club for the day. Which of these roles best suit your skills and talents?

One of the players

Ball boy/girl

Umpire

Court maintenance crew (I know nothing about tennis.)

Linesman/lineswoman

Locker Room attendant

Just for fun:

How many telephone handsets do you have in your home (landline handsets plus cell phones)? No landlines and only one cell phone.

Everyone have a great Tuesday.

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 02-03-2015 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 11:33 AM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, January 13th 2015. Last week’s dental appointment went okay – healing well, but still eating mush! Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes – much appreciated. Nothing to report this week, so let’s get straight into the questions…

Did you eat some good soft stuff?

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your first full-time job as an adult. $15 per day, painting houses.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Fallen asleep on public transit and missed your stop?

Been stuck in an elevator?

Had your car towed away (either because of a parking violation or because it broke down) Yes, broke down.

Driven or been a passenger in an 18-wheel (or similarly large) truck

Left something valuable or important in a taxi-cab?

Forgotten where you left your car in a parking lot? Yes.

Bonus question:

Today we’re going to work at the local tennis club for the day. Which of these roles best suit your skills and talents?

One of the players

Ball boy/girl

Umpire

Court maintenance crew

Linesman/lineswoman

Locker Room attendant

Food stand staff.

Just for fun:

How many telephone handsets do you have in your home (landline handsets plus cell phones)?

One stupid phone; no land line. Phones suck.

I have an extra question today: In yesterday’s QOTD cloven asked whether or not you like marzipan. I was astonished at how many Americans said they’d never tasted it. Since marzipan is traditionally used in wedding cakes in many other countries, what is the icing/covering of US wedding cakes traditionally made from?

Good ol' plastic containers from the supermarket, which are called Duncan Heinz or Betty Crocker. Yum!

Thought for the day:

If at first you don’t succeed, do it like your mother told you. (Author Unknown)

Today is
:
National Peach Melba Day
National Poetry at Work Day
National Rubber chicken Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day

Have a great day, everyone.
Yayyy and thanks!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:38 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,042 times
Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your first full-time job as an adult. I was a cashier in a grocery store and needless to say I was very thankful when I moved to a position at the bank.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Fallen asleep on public transit and missed your stop? No

Been stuck in an elevator? No

Had your car towed away (either because of a parking violation or because it broke down) No

Driven or been a passenger in an 18-wheel (or similarly large) truck Yes, we have a semi on our farm and I will ride in it once in awhile.

Left something valuable or important in a taxi-cab? No

Forgotten where you left your car in a parking lot? Yes, I have done this. During my automotive career, having a new car was one of the perks of my job. These cars were driven for just a few miles or a limited time. I went into a store and when I went back out to get into my car I couldn't remember what car I was driving. I walked the lot looking for my dealer license plate number and hitting the remote button so my car would honk.

Bonus question:

Today we’re going to work at the local tennis club for the day. Which of these roles best suit your skills and talents? Do I have to???? I'm not a big tennis fan.

One of the players

Ball boy/girl

Umpire

Court maintenance crew

Linesman/lineswoman

Locker Room attendant

Just for fun:

How many telephone handsets do you have in your home (landline handsets plus cell phones)? 7 phones that we use and who know how many old cell phones we have stashed away.

I have an extra question today: In yesterday’s QOTD cloven asked whether or not you like marzipan. I was astonished at how many Americans said they’d never tasted it. Since marzipan is traditionally used in wedding cakes in many other countries, what is the icing/covering of US wedding cakes traditionally made from? Sugar~ cream cheese~ shortening are some of the ingredients that I know of.

Thought for the day:

If at first you don’t succeed, do it like your mother told you. (Author Unknown)

Today is:
National Peach Melba Day
National Poetry at Work Day
National Rubber Ducky Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:19 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,359 times
Hello lovelies!

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your first full-time job as an adult.
Waitress at Mad Greek. I loved it!

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Fallen asleep on public transit and missed your stop? No

Been stuck in an elevator? No

Had your car towed away (either because of a parking violation or because it broke down) Yes (car trouble) but almost got towed in Memphis last year, late dinner and the meter lot attendant person was starting the process as me and my friends ran up. It was a rental (traveled on business) and I was begging him to PLEASE give me break since I was only about 3 minutes late. He did, thank goodness!

Driven or been a passenger in an 18-wheel (or similarly large) truck Yes, passenger

Left something valuable or important in a taxi-cab? No

Forgotten where you left your car in a parking lot? Oh yes

Bonus question:

One of the players

Ball boy/girl - This

Umpire

Court maintenance crew - This

Linesman/lineswoman

Locker Room attendant - This

Just for fun:

How many telephone handsets do you have in your home (landline handsets plus cell phones)? Only two
Thank you for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics