Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 AM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts? No.

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it. Not to my knowledge.

Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? Yes. What was it? Pong.

What video, online or computer games do you play now? On Facebook games, I like playing Linyca and Bricks Breaking. There's also an online version of the old Concentration game show I recently discovered that I've played a few times.

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? Yes. What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done? Getting my car cleaned. It's been raining on and off and don't want to take a chance of rain on my newly-cleaned car.

I hope your Sunday is a fun and restful one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 02:40 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts? I do not believe in ghosts of any kind. I won't take anyone's word for something I cannot see myself. I would need to see actual evidence.

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it. - No, I do not pay attention to that stuff. Any stories about this stuff I just tune out. I'm focused on the here and now and what I can actually see.

Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? What was it? - Pac-Man in the 1980s was the only electronic game I ever played. I have not played one since.

What video, online or computer games do you play now? - N/A

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done? N/A, although I may put something off like laundry due to work schedule and long commute.

Thanks, Bayarea4.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Old 03-01-2015, 03:22 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
yes
nope

yes, pong
maybe once every 5 years, I'll play video poker ..

yes, procrastination

Old 03-01-2015, 04:45 AM

401 posts, read 479,725 times
Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts? Undecided

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it. I have a Facebook friend who is something of a ghost hunter. She goes to places where there have been supposed paranormal things going on and tries to get evidence one way or the other. I don't remember any of her stories but, she has had some interesting adventures which supports they are real.

Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? What was it? I think it was Pong. I remember playing a Star Trek game that Texas Instruments put out in a cartridge for their computer. It's unreal what the computers are up to power wise. With memory expansion cartridge, I had 48K of RAM on that thing. Now, I have over 1 gig on my cheap laptop.

What video, online or computer games do you play now? I play Sudoku on my Nook e-reader and a timed crossword game online.

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done? I still haven't found a new apartment. I haven't been any hurry to deal with all the crap I'd have to deal with about it like paying a deposit, hiring movers to get my junk out of storage, notifying the electric company to turn the power on etc. I'm still enjoying staying at the Extended Stay.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:37 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts?
Not sure.
Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it.
Not that I'm aware of.
Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? What was it?
I don't think I ever did, when I was younger.
What video, online or computer games do you play now?
I play Scrabble, Words with Friends and Solitare online/
Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done?
I'll have to get back to you on that

Thanks Bay

Old 03-01-2015, 05:39 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts? I do.

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it. Our family home is a big, old farmhouse built in 1772. It was an inn at one time. My family bought the property in 1841 and have owned it since. There are many stories of ghosts walking though walls & when investigated we'd find there was once a door where the ghost appeared.
After I had my first daughter I stayed a few days at the farm. I had just put the baby down to sleep and started walking down the stairs. In the hall below there was a man wearing a top hat and tails. He was walking away from me and when he turned to go into the dining room I followed. He was gone.

Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? What was it? Pac-man

What video, online or computer games do you play now? None. I makes me sad...and angry.... when the kids at school come back from vacations and instead of talking about places they've been or about playing outside their "exciting" news is what level they are on in some video game.

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done? I brought home paperwork from school to do over the weekend. Haven't even looked at it. Last week, school vacation, was spent doing paperwork.... writing four IEPs, getting time studies ready for paras, writing lesson plans.... I am spending the day with two granddaughters, ages 4 and 1 year, so it looks like I'll have a late night getting paperwork done.

Happy March 1st! One more week until the time change!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:58 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Good morning and welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, March 1, 2015. In Wales, today is St. David’s Day, a national holiday. St. David is the patron saint of Wales.

If today is your birthday, you were born under the sign of Pisces. Famous people who share your birth date include composer Frédéric Chopin, English biographer and critic Lytton Strachey, bandleader Glenn Miller, actor/director Raymond St. Jacques, actors David Niven, Robert Conrad and Javier Bardem, writer Ralph Waldo Ellison, singers Harry Belafonte, and Justin Bieber, baseball commissioner Pete Rozelle, rocker Roger Daltrey and actress Catherine Bach.

Today’s Question:
Do you believe in ghosts? Maybe.

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? Someone I know.If so, please share it. I'd rather not.

Bonus Question:
Do you remember the first electronic game you ever played? What was it? Never played electronic games.

What video, online or computer games do you play now? I play solitaire on the computer.

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? Yes, getting rid of some stuff I don't need. What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done? Clothes, a couple of aquariums that were hubby's. Sentimental reasons.

Today in History:
743 – Slave export by Christians to heathen areas prohibited.
1260 – Hulagu Khan, grandson of Genghis, conquers Damascus.
1382 – Maillotin uprising against taxes in France.
1565 – City of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil founded by Portuguese solder Estácio de Sá.
1587 – Puritan English parliamentary leader Sir Peter Wentworth confined in Tower of London.
1591 – Pope Gregory XIV threatens to excommunicate French King Henry IV.
1642 – Georgeana (York), Maine, becomes the first incorporated American city.
1790 – First U.S. census authorized.
1803 – Ohio becomes 17th U.S. state.
1845 – U.S. President Tyler signs a resolution annexing the Republic of Texas.
1847 – Michigan becomes the 1st English-speaking jurisdiction to abolish the death penalty.
1854 – S.S. City of Glasgow leaves Liverpool harbor and is never seen again.
1864 – Rebecca Lee (U.S.) bcomes 1st black woman to receive a medical degree.
1867 – Most of Nebraska becomes 37th U.S. state (expanded later).
1872 – Yellowstone becomes the world’s first national park.
1873 – E. Remington and Sons in Ilion, New York begins production of the first practical typewriter.
1890 – First U.S. edition of Sherlock Holmes (Study in Scarlet) published.
1896 – Henri Becquerel discovers radioactivity.
1913 – U.S. federal income tax takes effect via the 16th Amendment to the Constitution.
1916 – Germany begins attacking ships in the Atlantic.
1919 – The March 1st, or Samil, Movement begins in Korea as a demonstration of resistance to Japanese occupation.
1920 – Austria becomes a kingdom again under Adm. Horthy.
1932 – Charles and Anne Lindbergh’s 20-month-old son Charles Jr. is kidnapped; found dead May 12.
1933 – Bank holidays declared in six U.S. states to prevent runs on banks.
1936 – Hoover Dam completed.
1937 – U.S. Steel raises workers’ wages to $5 a day.
1941 – First U.S. commercial FM station goes on the air in Nashville, TN.
1942 – Baseball rules that players in the military can’t play while on furlough.
1942 – U.S. suffers major naval defeat in the three-day battle of Java Sea; Japanese troops occupy Kalidjati Airport in Java.
1946 – British government nationalizes and takes control of the Bank of England after 252 years.
1953 –Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke and collapses. He dies four days later.
1954 –U.S. explodes Castle Bravo, 15-megaton hydrogen bomb, at Bikini Atoll – the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated by the U.S.
1955 – Israel assault on Gaza kills 48.
1956 – The International Air Transport Association finalizes a draft of the Radiotelephony spelling alphabet for the International Civil Aviation Organization.
1961 – U.S. President Kennedy establishes the Peace Corps.
1968 – NBC television network announces that the cancelled series “Star Trek” will return.
1970 – End of U.S. commercial whale hunting.
1973 – Robyn Smith becomes the 1st female jockey to win a major race (later she will become Mrs. Fred Astaire).

1975 – Colour television transmission begins in Australia.
1978 – Charles Chaplin’s coffin and remains are stolen from a Swiss cemetery.
1982 – Russian spacecraft Venera 14 lands on Venus, sends back data.
1994 – U.S. Senate rejects a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
2002 – The peseta is discontinued as official currency of Spain and is replaced by the euro.
2007 – Tornadoes swarm across the southern U.S., killing at least 20, including eight at a high school in Enterprise, AL.

Word of the Day:
pontificate]/pahn-TIF-uh-kayt/
1. a: to officiate as a pontiff. b: to celebrate a pontifical mass.

2: to speak or express opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way
“Stan loves to hear himself talk and will often pontificate on even the most trivial issues.”

Quote of the Day:
“Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.” – Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign, 1999

Today is
St. David’s Day (Wales)
National Pig Day - Oink Oink!
Peanut Butter Lover’s Day
National Fruit Compote Day
National Horse Protection Day
Stay safe and have a good day, everyone.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Today’s Question:
Not ghosts as in wandering spirits of those who have died. I believe in spirit beings, good and evil, carrying out orders from God or Satan

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it
I saw, as clearly as I see this computer screen, the words "Ezekiel 11:2" written on my ceiling. I had been woke up by a disturbing, not scary, dream at 2am. The dream and this scripture both spoke to a problem we had in the church we were attending. This was a long time ago, before I graduated from Moody Bible Inst. I didn't know if Ezekiel had 11 chapters. This will be part of the book on having an unbreakable marriage. Events that followed were obviously devinely ordained it leaves no doubt where it came from.

Bonus Question:
Pack Man

Free Cell Solitaire

Just For Fun:
Have you been putting something off? What is it, and why haven’t you gotten it done?
Getting a tooth fixed. I hate going to the dentist where techniques and tools have not changed since the turn of the 20th century.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:53 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times
Today’s Question:

I don't give it a lot of thought. When people claim to see dead loved ones, I'm not sure if that's really a good thing.

Have you or anyone you know ever had a supernatural or paranormal experience? If so, please share it.

Nothing more than mind tricks as a kid.

Bonus Question:

I don't know. We had Atari when I was really young and then got Nintendo when I was about 11.

Various games via apps on my phone.

Just For Fun:

Too much. I'm an overwhelmed procrastinator.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:26 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times
Today’s Question:
Nope

Sorry. Nothing to read here.

Bonus Question:
It was probably Pong.

Once in a while I will play cards on the computer

Just For Fun:
Been putting off buying a new pair of shoes. I hate shopping for shoes as most places have a poor selection in 13EEE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics