Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's a favorite saying used by a parent or other adult that you recall from your childhood? Feel free to name more than one! My mom would always tell me "pretty is as pretty does" and my dad would tell me "in a hundred years it won't matter". Both of these still resonate with me today.

What was the name of your favorite teacher, and what grade were you in when in his/her class? Mr. Brooks

What was your favorite subject in school? PE

What was your most dreaded subject in school? Math

'SPLAIN IT TO ME, LUCY!

What is your favorite black-and-white TV sitcom? My Three Sons

What is your all-time favorite TV series? NCIS

If you're old enough to remember "variety shows" on TV, do you have a favorite? The Carol Burnett show.

Name a TV cartoon show that you really liked when you were a kid. Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are your bathroom and kitchen sinks:
  • porcelain?
  • glass?
  • stainless steel? Kitchen
  • other? Marble in the bathrooms.
Is the surface of your living room floor:
  • wall-to-wall carpet?
  • wood?
  • laminate?
  • linoleum?
  • ceramic tile?
  • other?
WOULD I!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Who knows???

Have you ever chopped wood for a campfire or fireplace? As Dr. Phil would say, "How'd that work for ya?" Yes, we have wood as a supplemental heating source. The exercise is good for us.

Do you own any wood (as opposed to upholstered) furniture, either inside your home or on your deck or patio? I have a wooden rocker in the living room, my dining room furniture is solid oak and also my bedroom furniture. We also have two green porch rockers on our front porch.

Speaking of tongue-twisters (), share your favorite one with us! Sally sells seashells down by the seashore.

FINALE

If you recall, what's the username of the last person you repped on City-Data? I'm not sure.

Have a fantastic Fryday, everybody. Be safe, have lots of good eats, have fun, and give out some hugs - in person or virtually. Hugs to all my cyber friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,565 times
What's a favorite saying used by a parent or other adult that you recall from your childhood? Feel free to name more than one! THE MORE YOU KNOW HOW TO DO, THE MORE THEY'LL WANT YOU TO DO.....
THERE'S THINGS IN LIFE WHUCH YOU WON'T WANT TO, DO BUT YOU HAVE TO DO THEM ANYWAY....My dad

What was the name of your favorite teacher, and what grade were you in when in his/her class? MRS.SMYNTEK 1th grade English

What was your favorite subject in school? English

What was your most dreaded subject in school? CHEMISTRY MATH ALGEBRA

'SPLAIN IT TO ME, LUCY!

What is your favorite black-and-white TV sitcom? I LOVE LUCY

What is your all-time favorite TV series? LUCY

If you're old enough to remember "variety shows" on TV, do you have a favorite? DEAN MARTIN AND THE GOLD DIGGERS
CAROL BURNETT SONNY AND CHER....

Name a TV cartoon show that you really liked when you were a kid. FELIX THE CAT

BONUS QUESTIONS

porcelain? BATHROOM
glass?
stainless steel? KITCHEN
other?
wall-to-wall carpet? Yes
wood?
laminate?
linoleum?
ceramic tile?
other?
WOULD I!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Three cords

Have you ever chopped wood for a campfire or fireplace? As Dr. Phil would say, "How'd that work for ya?" No

Do you own any wood (as opposed to upholstered) furniture, either inside your home or on your deck or patio? Yes

Speaking of tongue-twisters (), share your favorite one with us! Toy boat...toy boat..toy boat

FINALE

If you recall, what's the username of the last person you repped on City-Data? BSTYET2BE.....I think...

Have a fantastic Fryday, everybody. Be safe, have lots of good eats, have fun, and give out some hugs - in person or virtually.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:39 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
[quote=PJSinger;38706720]...
Do you own any wood (as opposed to upholstered) furniture, either inside your home or on your deck or patio?

It wasn't until I read this question that I realized I have no furniture in my home that isn't wood. I don't have any upholstered furniture.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:23 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's a favorite saying used by a parent or other adult that you recall from your childhood? Feel free to name more than one! We owned a farm & several men worked for us. One man worked for us for many years and was like another grandfather. He used to tell my grandmother, "Watch out, mother! The ice froze slippery side up!"

What was the name of your favorite teacher, and what grade were you in when in his/her class? I had many favorite teachers. The first was Mrs. Kearns, my first grade teacher. One of the reasons I became a teacher was because I loved my elementary school teachers.

What was your favorite subject in school? English.... Art appreciation......American Studies

What was your most dreaded subject in school? Math... Chemistry

'SPLAIN IT TO ME, LUCY!

What is your favorite black-and-white TV sitcom? I've never watched a lot of tv. I do remember my dad laughing at The Honeymooners, so I'll say that. I loved listening to him laugh.

What is your all-time favorite TV series? Um..... Maybe West Wing.

If you're old enough to remember "variety shows" on TV, do you have a favorite? No. No favorite.

Name a TV cartoon show that you really liked when you were a kid. Again, because of my dad's laughter.... Roadrunner.

BONUS QUESTIONS

• porcelain...... bathrooms
  • glass?
  • stainless steel?
  • other? Kitchen sink is enameled cast iron.
  • wall-to-wall carpet?
  • wood? Oak
  • laminate?
  • linoleum?
  • ceramic tile?
  • other?
WOULD I!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? As much as he could & stay out of his way!

Have you ever chopped wood for a campfire or fireplace? As Dr. Phil would say, "How'd that work for ya?"
Have. AND I've also used a wood splitter. It's hard work.
Do you own any wood (as opposed to upholstered) furniture, either inside your home or on your deck or patio? I have a wooden rocking chair, an antique dining room set that belonged to my great aunt, an old hutch made by my great grandmother's third husband in the 1860s.... a couple dressers, several antique beds.... yeah. I have some wood furniture.

Speaking of tongue-twisters (), share your favorite one with us! A certain young fellow named Beebee wished to marry a lady named Phoebe. "But," he said, "I must see what the minister's fee be before Phoebe be Phoebe Beebee.

FINALE

If you recall, what's the username of the last person you repped on City-Data? Don't remember. Haven't had much time the past couple days to rep people. I need to change that this weekend.

Speaking of weekends........ Yay!! Enjoy yours!

Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
We'll see

I can picture her, but not her name - 1st, 2nd?
science
math

beverly hillbillies
the fugitive
ed sullivan
popeye

ss

various

all the wood that a woodchuck could chuck ...
yes
yes
she sells sea shells...

? i forget

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics