Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 04:57 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times

Advertisements

Some ATM's around here dispense 10s and 20s. A couple of times in the past there was a message on the machine that it was out of money but I never put my card in to expect money and didn't get it.

The last time I picked up a prescription was about a month ago and someplace different because I thought I could get it cheaper. Wrong.
But no problems with any line, dropoff or pickup. Only a delay in them filling it.

No or N/A to all questions about fabric.

Thanks, cloven.
Best wishes to all for a good Monday! Today is my Friday. Looking forward to getting the next 2 days off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 05:05 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ? I never used a bank cash machine
(you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money)

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ?
(amounts other than just $20 bills, or whatever is most common in your country)

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? recently
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? wait a bit

Bonus:
Do any of your textiles/fabrics have a:
-heathered color mix ? yes
Heather (fabric) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-herringbone pattern ? none
Herringbone (cloth) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? used to have
List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? none
Nacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? none

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ?I have a Punjabi suit in white and that strong orange and an orange 'Dupatta' (long silk scarf) for special religious purposes
Safety orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ?yes I have 4

Today in History:
1942: Birth of Welsh musician John Cale (The Velvet Underground)
1951: Birth of American journalist Michael Kinsley
1960: Birth of American actress Linda Fiorentino
1964: Birth of French actress Juliette Binoche

Today’s Word:
farrago /fəˈräɡō,fəˈrāɡō/ (n.): A seemingly random assortment of unrelated items, miscellany, a mishmash or hodgepodge.

Today Is:
Napping Day (first Monday after the time change)...I will make use of that special day

Today’s Picture: cloven your picture-maze is amazing

Thought for the Day:
“If you understand something today, that means it must by definition already be obsolete.”
-James Burke.......nice quote cloven

Have yourselves a brisk & bracing Monday, C-D peeps.

Thank you cloven and a good Monday to you all

Old 03-09-2015, 05:07 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money) NEVER

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ?
NOPE ONLY $20

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? October

Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? No one in line

Bonus:

-heathered color mix ?
No

-herringbone pattern ? No

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? Yes

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? Yes...

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? HELL NO..hurts my eyes

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? My Tennessee windbreaker...

Old 03-09-2015, 05:12 AM

401 posts, read 479,696 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ? Yes. Very annoying. It pisses me off when I know I have over $5,000 in the credit union and, I can't get to any of it.
(you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money)

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ? Yes. My credit union has one that dispenses $10's and $20's.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? About 3 months ago though I plan to do it again this week.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I had to take a number and wait in line.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ? Nope. I remember buying some real Harris tweed fabric one time for my belated step-mom. She was delighted and made herself some kind of article with the fabric.

-herringbone pattern ? Nope

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? Yes. I have a camo Gore-Tex rain coat from my Air Force days. Also, I have the pants.
List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? Nope

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? Nope

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? Yes. I have a Harley Davidson riding vest which I do wear so people will see me when I'm riding my motorbike. It's too easy for folks not to notice motorbike riders. This is why I also have my high beams on when I ride except at night unless I'm alone on the road.

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? No

Old 03-09-2015, 06:00 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ?
There was a sign on the screen, that you could not make withdrawls, so yes
No.
Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? A few days ago.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? Prompt.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?

-herringbone pattern ?

-camouflage pattern & coloring ?
No to all the above.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ?
Lots of knives with MOP inlays and some jewelry
Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ?
No
Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ?
No
Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ?
No

Old 03-09-2015, 06:11 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times

Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ? No, I don't use ATM machines.

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ? No.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? Almost 2 years ago.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I waited a few minutes.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ? No.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_%28fabric%29"]Heather (fabric) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-herringbone pattern? No.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herringbone_%28cloth%29"]Herringbone (cloth) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? No.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_clothing_camouflage_patterns"]List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? Yes.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nacre"]Nacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? No.

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? No.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_orange"]Safety orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? Sometimes in the winter time.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
farrago /fəˈräɡō,fəˈrāɡō/ (n.): A seemingly random assortment of unrelated items, miscellany, a mishmash or hodgepodge.

Today Is:
Napping Day (first Monday after the time change)

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“If you understand something today, that means it must by definition already be obsolete.”
-James Burke

Have yourselves a brisk & bracing Monday, C-D peeps.[/quote]
Thanks, cloven.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:58 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ? Sometimes its been out of certain notes

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ? They all dispense more than one denomination. The ones here have 20 euro notes and 50 euro notes (don't know if they have bigger denominations, 100s 200s and 500s float around but maybe people only get them straight from the bank)
In the UK they have tenners too and there was one cash point at my uni that was a favourite with us poor students because it dispensed fivers, great when you're low on funds but you really want a couple of pints

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? Had to go renew a prescription last week. Been a few weeks since I had to pick one up
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I was served straight away but usually have to take a number and wait for a while

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ? I don't know

-herringbone pattern ? Don't think so

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? Yeah

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? No

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? No

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? I think my life jacket is safety orange

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? Reading the other replies it seems you lot have a different definition of vest than I have. I wear vests when its very cold, under my shirt. What some people in this thread call a vest I would call a waistcoat and others seem to be referring to what I know as bodywarmers. Funny how different American English is from British English sometimes!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times

Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ? No

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ? No

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? Last month
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I did not have to wait for once

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ? No
[/color][/b]Heather (fabric) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-herringbone pattern ? No

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? Yes, one pair of pants

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? No

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? No

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? no

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? No

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
Napping Day (first Monday after the time change)

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-James Burke

Have yourselves a brisk & bracing Monday, C-D peeps.
[/quote]

Old 03-09-2015, 07:06 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times

Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ?
(you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money) no never happened to me.

(amounts other than just $20 bills, or whatever is most common in your country) can't remember?

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ?
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I dont'. Hubby picks it up for me.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?
[/color][/b]Heather (fabric) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediacan't picture this?

-herringbone pattern ?
Herringbone (cloth) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia used too.

List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediano

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ?yeah.

Safety orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia no

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? yes

Have a great day

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
Today’s Question:

Empty because someone stole it.

I only get ones just for the fun of it.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ?
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ?

I guess never. Last time I was on prescription was for strep throat when I was about 11. That was last year.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?

I'm not sure.

-herringbone pattern ?

I don't think.

No.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ?

No.

I might have some socks.

No.

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ?

No.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics