Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:44 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ?
(you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money)

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ?
(amounts other than just $20 bills, or whatever is most common in your country)

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? A couple nights ago.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ?
Wait in line
Bonus:
Do any of your textiles/fabrics have a:
-heathered color mix ?
Heather (fabric) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-herringbone pattern ?
Herringbone (cloth) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-camouflage pattern & coloring ?
List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ?
Nacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ?

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ?
Safety orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ?
Not these days...

Today in History:
1942: Birth of Welsh musician John Cale (The Velvet Underground)
1951: Birth of American journalist Michael Kinsley
1960: Birth of American actress Linda Fiorentino
1964: Birth of French actress Juliette Binoche

Today’s Word:
farrago /fəˈräɡō,fəˈrāɡō/ (n.): A seemingly random assortment of unrelated items, miscellany, a mishmash or hodgepodge.

Today Is:
Napping Day (first Monday after the time change)

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“If you understand something today, that means it must by definition already be obsolete.”
-James Burke

Have yourselves a brisk & bracing Monday, C-D peeps.
Thanks Cloven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:49 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty ?
No
(you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money)

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ?
No

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ?
About a year ago, I usually get them by mail order.

Sometimes I have to wait, sometimes I don't.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?

-herringbone pattern ?

List of military clothing camouflage patterns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ?

I do have a few things.

Yep, a vest required at the local dump.

I have one, seldom wear it.

Thanx Cloven.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Today’s Question:
Nope.

Truth be told....I've never used an ATM machine in my life.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ?
Yesterday.
There was one car ahead of me in the drive-thru. It didn't take long at all.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?
Not any more.

-herringbone pattern ?
Yes.

Yes but I prefer mufti.

Just for Fun:
Yes.

Yes. One item.

No.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
farrago /fəˈräɡō,fəˈrāɡō/ (n.): A seemingly random assortment of unrelated items, miscellany, a mishmash or hodgepodge.

Today Is:

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“If you understand something today, that means it must by definition already be obsolete.”
-James Burke

Thank you, Cloven.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:34 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=cloven;38743186]Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Yikes no.
Nope always 20 dollar bills.
Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? A couple of weeks ago and I will be filling another one on Wednesday.
There's always a wait both in line and for it to be filled.
Bonus:
-heathered color mix ?
Yes some really warm socks.
-herringbone pattern ?
Nope

Just for Fun:
Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Today’s Picture:

Best one yet Cloven

Thought for the Day:
-James Burke

Thanks Cloven you have a great day. We have 50's coming soon. There goes my snow. I think my car finally comes home today

Old 03-09-2015, 12:37 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Today’s Question:
Have you ever tried to use an ATM (cash machine), only to realize it was empty? (you knew there were funds in your acct. but the machine itself had run out of money) No, I don't recall that ever happening to me.

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money? (amounts other than just $20 bills, or whatever is most common in your country) Yes. Many ATMs in my area gave out $5 and $20 bills for a number of years before they went with only 20s. I miss being able to get 5s. Although, I supposed it doesn't much matter, as I rarely use an ATM machine these days. I get paid weekly at work and can guesstimate how much cash I may need for the coming week. Also, I use my debit card for most purchases. I like to give cash tips to restaurant servers, though.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription? Several months ago. My insurer has since required me to get my two maintenance drugs via U.S. mail.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly? I used to go to KMart for my Rxs and often had to wait with one or two people ahead of me, even though I requested the refills online. I still had to wait just to pick up the Rxs which had been filled and put in the bag hours before my arrival.

Bonus:
-heathered color mix? No. I have one blazer that comes close, but is not the same thing as heather.
-herringbone pattern? No, though years ago I had a pair of herringbone knee socks.
-camouflage pattern & coloring? I have a camo cap that I bought a couple of summers ago to wear to a Duck Dynasty-themed picnic.

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell)?
I have a mother of pearl brooch and a letter opener which were my mother's.

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color)? Yes. I have a couple of Relay For Life tee shirts which are fluorescent; one green and one orange.

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange”? No, but a lot of my co-workers do, since I work for an industrial and commercial construction company.

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort? Nope. I'm not a vest person.

Today’s Word:
farrago /fəˈräɡō,fəˈrāɡō/ (n.): A seemingly random assortment of unrelated items, miscellany, a mishmash or hodgepodge. Sounds like the contents of my house.

Today Is:
Napping Day (first Monday after the time change) I sure could use a nap today. No rest for the weary, though. It's extremely rare for me to take a nap. I only take them if I think I'm coming down with a cold or something, which is also pretty rare.

Beautiful puzzle today, Cloven.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-09-2015 at 12:52 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 12:40 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Today’s Question:
Yes-a week ago

Yes-only one I know of is my bank's ATM, which does both $20 & $10 increments.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? Couple days ago.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? For once, there was no line

Bonus:
-heathered color mix ? One very old sweater that's blue & white, and couple pairs of grey "boot socks".

-herringbone pattern ? No.

-camouflage pattern & coloring ? No.

Just for Fun:
A small carved figurine that I inherited.
Many things, since I love those bright colors: highlighters, Sharpie markers, colored pencils, paper, etc.
Yes, my winter jacket.
No.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:30 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
[quote=cloven;38743186]Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:

Oh yes, especially if I use the one at the hospital near me.

Have you ever used an ATM that dispensed multiple (different) denominations of paper money ? (amounts other than just $20 bills, or whatever is most common in your country)

My experience in Portugal is that 99.9% of the time I get a mixture of twenty and ten euro notes. Once in a horrible while I will ask for 150 and get three fifties, which are useless for small purchases...this only happens at one bank.

Extra Credit:
When is the last time you had to go out to pick up a prescription ? A few days ago.
Did you have to wait in a line, or were you served promptly ? I make it a point to be there at 9 a.m. when it opens; thus, I rarely have to wait.

Bonus:
Do any of your textiles/fabrics have a: Three nos.
-heathered color mix ?
-herringbone pattern ?

Just for Fun:
Do you have anything made of/with “mother-of-pearl” (iridescent mollusc shell) ? a small box

Do you own something fluorescent (“neon” color) ? The yellow fluorescent vest that is required by law if you stop your car for an accident or road problem.

Do you own an item of clothing that is “safety orange” ? No

Do you ever wear a vest of some sort ? A synthetic fleece vest for winter, and it is very close to "safety orange" in color....so maybe it's a yes for the previous question

Today’s Picture:

I hope the creature in this diagram never needs a colonoscopy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics