Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 04:14 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

~ So, let's hear about the potholders in your kitchen:

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day?

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby?

~ Have you ever caught a snake?

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors:

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim?

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house?

~ __________ Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want?

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! :

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood?

~ Do you have a rake?

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It?

~ What music stars have you seen in person?

~ How do you feel about pork chops?

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese:

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking?

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us delectables! ******

Last edited by rainroosty; 08-21-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 04:21 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
~ So, let's hear about the potholders in your kitchen: I have one that's about 10 years old. I do not use it too often. It's a glove style.

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? - It's a group collection (apartment buildings) and no.

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby? - No.

~ Have you ever caught a snake? - No.

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors: - Completely outdoors with no cover? A few Rolling Stones concerts.

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim? When I was a kid.

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house? - No.

~ Allman Brothers Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want? - Pass.

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! : I'll take it. Chrome or black.

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood? - Plenty at the near by lake.

~ Do you have a rake? - No need for one when you live in an apartment.

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It? "Jerkin' Back and Forth." "Jocko Homo" "Through Being Cool" "Girl You Want"

~ What music stars have you seen in person? - Too many to name. I would have the longest list.

~ How do you feel about pork chops? - I do not eat them.

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese: Cooper Sharp American is my current favorite.

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking? D/K. We have too many squirrels around here so maybe that.

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us ecstasy! ******[/quote]

Thanks, rainsroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Last edited by John13; 08-21-2015 at 04:45 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 04:25 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day?

~ Have you ever caught a snake? Several times as a youngster. I try not to anymore, even if I THINK I know it is not poisonous.

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors: Santana- @ Griffith Park

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim? last week.

~ __Steve Miller__ Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want? XXXL!

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! : stainless steel

~ Do you have a rake? Unused!

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It? Freedom of Choice, Girl U Want, Jocko Homo, Mongoloid

~ What music stars have you seen in person? Only at concerts.

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese: Hey Mozzarella! Hey GURL! How ya doing?

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking? armadillos, possums, skunks, and if you are from England- a snake!!!!

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us ecstasy! ******

Thank you, Roosty!

Old 08-21-2015, 04:27 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,656,111 times

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? Yes

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby? Sometimes (depends)

~ Have you ever caught a snake?Nope

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors:Never

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim?Never

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house?Nope

~ Naif Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want?300ml

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! :Beige

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood?Yes

~ Do you have a rake?Nope

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It?In memory, no

~ What music stars have you seen in person?None, but my cousin had met Naif personnels several times

~ How do you feel about pork chops?I don't eat pork

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking?None

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us ecstasy! ******

Old 08-21-2015, 04:52 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
We have three wheelie bins. A green one for garden refuse, a purple one for glass and plastics, and a grey one for anything else except cardboard and paper. Some folks have a yellow bin for that......... I use a bag. Three wheelie bins in my yard is enough! The only one that gets filled is the green one.

When I was a kid, we had one bin only........ the old fashioned round metal ones with a separate lid. Everything went in that bin, including ashes from the coal fire, which everyone had in those days. Boy, that was a bad job. The bin was obviously very heavy, and the bin men had to lift it on their shoulder, and tip it into the bin wagon. The dust from the ashes blew in their faces. Nowadays, the bin men just place it on handles at the back of the wagon, and everything is done automatically.

Music stars I have seen in person. Hmmmmmm. I have seen Cilla Black, a big star in England. Also David Bowie, Bette Midler, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow, Donnie and Marie, and Michael Crawford in Phantom of the Opera. Oh, and Marlene Dietrich....... that shows my age huh?....... My wife saw The Beatles back in the days before they went to America.

Here is Marlene at the very concert I saw in 1972 in London. She was an old lady, but still a great star. They don't make 'em like her anymore..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBr1wqPfTrA

Old 08-21-2015, 04:58 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
~ So, let's hear about the potholders in your kitchen:They are black in color and one is a glove. What else do you need to know?

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? Sometimes.

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby? No.

~ Have you ever caught a snake? No.

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors: Lynyrd Skynyrd.

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim? Yes.

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house? Yes.

~ ___J. Geils_______ Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want? Large.

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! : Stainless steel or black will do.

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood? Some neighbors do.

~ Do you have a rake? No.

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It? No.

~ What music stars have you seen in person? Tony Bennett, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, Cher, Cyndi Lauper, Rod Stewart, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi, Santana, Eric Clapton, Chicago, Doobie Brothers, The Eagles, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, The Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Grand Funk Railroad, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Elton John, Shania Twain, Alice Cooper... All in concert and up close. I almost forgot, Gary Puckett and The Union Gap and Peter Noone from the Herman's Hermits!

~ How do you feel about pork chops? They are pretty good if cooked right and are not tough. I haven't eaten them in quite awhile though.

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese: Hello cheese!

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking? Bear.

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us ecstasy! ******[/quote]

Thanks, roosty.

Last edited by Lucky Lady123; 08-21-2015 at 05:56 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 05:02 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Lots of small older ones that work well that I like, have a few oven mitts but don't like those, too big & bulky.

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? Occasionally

~ Have you ever caught a snake?
No & never intend to, but my friend did shoot a copperhead for me that was slithering onto our property! Sorry Roosty, I know you like these, but for me, the only good snake is a dead one & I don't want any kind of slithering creatures around me... ever!

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors:
Several summer concerts in Dallas & at the beach

~ _Rock_ Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want?
Large thick chocolate one please & thank-you!

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! :
Woohoo, mine is about due for replacement, a stainless one would be great, thanks again!

River rocks

~ Do you have a rake?
A couple for all of the pine straw & cones and leaves in the fall.

~ What music stars have you seen in person?
Elvis (twice), Ironed Butterfly, Allman Brothers, Percy Sledge, Jimmy Buffett... that's all I can think of.

The other white meat, great grilled or baked w/crushed corn-flake crust w/garlic, pepper, lemon & butter.

Boar's Head Pepper-jack, Creamy Havarti w/Jalapeno & 3-Pepper Colby Jack

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking?
All of the deer I would imagine, along with maybe the coyotes, raccoons, rabbits, squirrels & chipmunks.

Thanks Roosty for Fryday's QotD, enjoy your good eats!

Enjoy All!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:29 AM

16,668 posts, read 17,433,087 times
Hi there rainroosty and all.

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? Rarely.

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby? No.

~ Have you ever caught a snake? Only by mistake, and it's not really a snake. I went to pick a stick up in the garden and it moved.

It turned out to be a harmless slow worm;

| The Wildlife Trusts

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors: Stevie Nicks and another with Fleetwood Mac.

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house? No, but there's a stream with fish.

~ The Band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Band

~ What size milk shake do you want? Don't want one thanks.

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! : Don't want one of those either thanks.

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood? No, but these aren't too far away;

~ Do you have a rake?

~ Can you name any Devo songs - other than Whip It? I don't know who Devo is or are.

~ What music stars have you seen in person? A few, and I've chatted with ones like Nick Mason who is the drummer with Pink Floyd.

~ How do you feel about pork chops? I like them. I have some sage growing outside specially to go with them.

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese: Here's to a local producer;

Cheese Making in the UK - Loosehanger Farmhouse Cheeses

We had a couple of alpacas in the next field to us for a while.

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us delectables! ******

Thanks rr!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:53 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
bunch of them, various sizes and materials

when i prune the trees and trim the bushes
nope
nope

santana, america, buddy miles, tower of power...
yes
nope

house
small
silver

yes
yes

lord, i am so tired, how long can this go on?
Spoiler
working in a coalmine

aerosmith (tyler and the gang)

fried and greasy pls
yup

Old 08-21-2015, 06:28 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
~ So, let's hear about the potholders in your kitchen: I have a couple glove type potholders.

~ Does your trash receptacle ever get full by pickup day? yes, we only have a small blue box

~ Do you tap on the glass when you see an aquarium nearby? no

~ Have you ever caught a snake? no

~ Name any concert that you've been to that was outdoors: local bands in a park

~ Did you ever eat a Slim Jim? yes

~ Is there a fishing pole at your house? no, but I have several at our camping place

~ Rubber Band.

~ What size milk shake do you want? large

~ Pick a color for your new free toaster oven! : black

~ Do you have rocks in your neighborhood? yes

~ Do you have a rake? yes

~ What music stars have you seen in person? Weird Al, Def Leppard, Three Doors Down, Vanessa Carlson, Goo Goo Dolls....there's more, I can't think right now (too early, just woke up).

~ How do you feel about pork chops? no, I don't like them.

~ Give a shout-out to some cheese: I love all kinds of cheese.

~ In your area, what sort of animal would a visitor from afar be excited to see while out hiking? deer.

****** Happy Fryday to our fun friends and may your snouts be busy snorting out irresistable aromas from the kitchens that bring us delectables! ******[/quote]

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics