Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 AM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times

Advertisements

ust kidding, of course. Whatever your state of dress, sit back and relax with . . .

Today's Blushing Questions:
In the 1970s streaking was a fad for a while. Of course, it's happened before and since.
Have you ever streaked or seen/heard of anyone who did? Nope

Would you streak for a million $?.....

Random Questions:
A song you like that is in a language other than your native tongue: Mireille Mathieu Blue Bayou

I can't leave home without my glasses

Another word(s) for crazy: gaga ( mad as a March hare)

Foodie Q:
Gas stations today may have rollers turning fresh hot dogs or coolers full of sushi or microwave pizza ovens, etc.
Stations, travel centers, truck plazas, whether it was grabbing a quick snack when buying fuel or sitting down to a restaurant meal,
what foods or drinks have you enjoyed (or risked ) at such places? except for water and ice I never got anything else

Just for fun:
If you gave a friend an item, thinking it was worth maybe 50 bucks,
then your friend discovered it's a collector's item that he/she can sell for $10,000,
would you think your friend should share the wealth? Why or why not? a gift is a gift,would be nice if she would tell me about her good fortune that's all

Assuming you would sell, would you share the wealth, if you were the friend who was given the valuable item? a very good question...I know I would mention it to them and I think I would feel better deciding together how we split the good fortune

Today Includes:
Teddy Bear Day
Pickle Day
Spicy Guacamole Day
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

Today’s Word:
stovies [STO-viz] plural noun
Scottish: potatoes stewed with onions in a stovetop dish,
sometimes with beef or sausage

Today's Quote:
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."...absolutely that goes for anything
~ Charles Buxton, English writer and parliamentarian

Wishing all a happy Saturday!

Thank you bjh and I wish each of you a peaceful,relaxing weekend,take some time out of your daily routine and brighten up someone else's life with a hug,a smile,a chore or just a kind word

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
]Today's Blushing Questions:
In the 1970s streaking was a fad for a while. Of course, it's happened before and since.
Have you ever streaked or seen/heard of anyone who did?
No,
Would you streak for a million $?
Yes,,, but I want to wear shoes so my feet so they don’t get hurt, a cap to shade my balding head, sunglasses and powered my nose so it’s not so shiny………………..

Random Questions:
A song you like that is in a language other than your native tongue:

I can't leave home without
the cell phone in case of emergencies.
Another word(s) for crazy: lights ON but nobody home!

Foodie Q:
Gas stations today may have rollers turning fresh hot dogs or coolers full of sushi or microwave pizza ovens, etc.
Stations, travel centers, truck plazas, whether it was grabbing a quick snack when buying fuel or sitting down to a restaurant meal,
what foods or drinks have you enjoyed (or risked ) at such places?
I buy gas at these places and avoid any food items I might buy a coffee once in a while however.

Just for fun:
then your friend discovered it's a collector's item that he/she can sell for $10,000,
would you think your friend should share the wealth? Why or why not?
no,,, it was a gift and whatever value it might or might not have isn't mine any longer. It was a gift.
Assuming you would sell, would you share the wealth, if you were the friend who was given the valuable item?
Yes, I believe I would give most or all of the money back to someone if they hadn't known about the value.

enjoy your weekend everyone..... it's bbq grill time in sunny warm Phx-ville

Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,288 times
No
Absolutely

Random Questions:
No specifics come to mind, but I do like several singers who have done songs in other languages. Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, and Nelly Furtado all come to mind.
I can't leave home without my keys

Another word(s) for crazy:

Foodie Q:
Never done this

Just for fun:
No, I would probably be mad at myself though!
Assuming you would sell, would you share the wealth, if you were the friend who was given the valuable item?
Depends on how well I know them

Old 11-14-2015, 10:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
[quote=bjh;41926764]Just kidding, of course. Whatever your state of dress, sit back and relax with . . .
It's too cold to be as nature intended today.

I've only seen it on TV.
Um yeah and probably for less then a million.

Random Questions:
We love Ana Moura and see her every time she tours here. Beautiful music.
I can't leave home without _my glasses.________________________

Insane in the membrane.

Foodie Q:
I remember buying fish from a vendor in the Bahamas but we usually avoid places like that. I think I may have eaten dog or cat in Mexico The tacos tasted really strange. Never again.

Just for fun:
Yes, actually I would expect the whole 10k back, but legally a gift is a gift.
I would give my friend the whole 10k back. Friendships are worth more then money.

Today Includes:
Teddy Bear Day
Pickle Day
Spicy Guacamole Day

Today’s Word:
Sounds delish.
Today's Quote:
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."

Thank you bjh but every day is Saturday now

Old 11-14-2015, 10:23 AM

24,451 posts, read 25,987,852 times
Just on the news.

Possibly

Random Questions:
Pata Pata - Mino'aka

I can't leave home without being dressed.

Nutso

Foodie Q:
Just snack type food and a drink.

Just for fun:
I would like to think the friend would.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:28 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Have you ever streaked or seen/heard of anyone who did? No, seen it only on TV.

Would you streak for a million $? Sure, it would be worth it just for the laughs.

Random Questions:
A song you like that is in a language other than your native tongue: Volare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejzDJkUXgdw

I can't leave home without my vehicle.

Another word(s) for crazy: Nutz.

Foodie Q:
Stations, travel centers, truck plazas, whether it was grabbing a quick snack when buying fuel or sitting down to a restaurant meal, what foods or drinks have you enjoyed (or risked ) at such places? None, don't now who has touched it before me.

Just for fun:
would you think your friend should share the wealth? Why or why not? Hey, if I gave it away that's my problem, if they want to share that's their decision.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:36 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,396 times

Never have.

Show me the money

Random Questions:

Hmmm..

I can't leave home without my car keys

Alaskan Mutt

Foodie Q:

Christmas dinner two years in a row was a 7-11 microwave burger. There was a convenience store near the airport at Baltimore that made awesome sandwiches. Sadly 7-11 wanted the location and made the owners an offer they could not refuse. The awesome made to order sandwiches disappeared and the bland pre-made sandwiches took their place. I have had good luck stopping at WaWa's for something to eat.

Just for fun:

If the friend wants to share the wealth that is ok with me. If not, I won't say anything.

I would

Old 11-14-2015, 11:36 AM

38,870 posts, read 22,857,182 times
Have you ever streaked or seen/heard of anyone who did? I never have personally, but I did hear of an incident that happened at the mall near my house back then (the mall was still new). There was a guy who streaked through the length of the mall, then went out one of the exits. There was a getaway car waiting for him. He got into the car and it sped off. I don't think the police ever caught the driver and/or the streaker involved.

Would you streak for a million $? That's a definite maybe.

Random Questions:
This one from a group of singers from Spain:

I can't leave home without my wallet, car keys and cell phone.

Another word(s) for crazy: Nutso, cuckoo.

Foodie Q:
what foods or drinks have you enjoyed (or risked ) at such places? I've never gotten food from those places.

Just for fun:
would you think your friend should share the wealth? Yes. Why or why not? Because my friends, by and large, are not selfish people.

Assuming you would sell, would you share the wealth, if you were the friend who was given the valuable item? Of course I would.

Happy Saturday! Have a great weekend!

Old 11-14-2015, 01:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times

There was that guy who streaked on state during the Oscars.

I was pretty fast to say "no" but I think I would do it for a million.

Random Questions:

Quando Caliente el Sol.

I can't leave home without my sunglasses.

Nuts.

Foodie Q:

Corny Dogs. I love 'em.

Just for fun:

If that person did not share it then he/she was not a friend to begin with.

Yes, I would.

Today Includes:
Teddy Bear Day
Pickle Day Yum
Spicy Guacamole Day
Today’s Word:

Today's Quote:
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."

Thanks, bjh.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,390,428 times
I cant leave home without my reading glasses.
Another word for crazy....looney!

Convenience stores with those roller grills, oh I love those, and have eaten off them many times. Taquitos, jalapeno hot dogs, for junky food, its pretty good!

Happy Saturday everyone~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics