Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,565 times

Advertisements

day's Neighborly Questions:
Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset? WE HAVE THE MOST AMAZING SUNSETS HERE FROM OUR HILL....

What do you remember about the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons? NATASHA AND BORIS

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage? YES..ME ....

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for? BAKERY...I'D EAT ALL THE PROFITS

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them? TAKE A PICTURE...IT LASTS LONGER

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Details, if you have them. ALL THE TIME....

Foodie Questions:
Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods? YES

At least two foods that rhyme, whether they are normally eaten together or not....MEAT AND BEET
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 AM

126,277 posts, read 19,048,524 times
It's Thursday in eastern Canada. That's close enough for me! So here are . . .

Today's Neighborly Questions:
Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset? yes many times in my life

What do you remember about the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons? never watched them

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage? yes

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for? a European bakery

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them? yoohoo....is that really you,remember me from high school......

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Details, if you have them.

Foodie Questions:
Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods? yes all unsalted

At least two foods that rhyme, whether they are normally eaten together or not: tomato/potato,roast/toast

Today in History:
1493 Christopher Columbus made landfall at the island of Puerto Rico on his 2nd trip to the Caribbean
1816 Warsaw University established in Poland
1861 Julia Ward Howe wrote down the lyrics to "Battle Hymn of the Republic"
1881 A meteorite landed near the village of Grossliebenthal, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine
1954 Télé Monte Carlo, Europe's oldest private television channel, launched by Prince Rainier III
1959 Last "Edsel" car manufactured by Ford Motor Company
1990 Pop group "Milli Vanilli" lost Grammy after it's learned they did not sing on the awarded album
1998 Vincent van Gogh's "Portrait of the Artist Without Beard" sold for 71.5 million USD

Today's Bookish Quote:
"I have this theory that it is the dream of most educated people to own or work in a bookstore."
~ Megan Coughlin, author

Today’s Word:
lea [lee, ley] Also, ley.
noun:" a tract of open ground, especially grassland; meadow.
adjective: untilled; fallow.
Origin: before 900; Middle English lege, lei, Old English leah;
cognate with Old High German loh, dialectal Dutch loo (as in Waterloo), akin to Latin lucus

Today Includes:
Bundt Cake Day
Great American Smokeout, quitting tobacco
Rocky and Bullwinkle Day

This Week Includes:
Book Awards Week
Global Entrepreneurship Week

Today's Nostalgia Picture:
"Fish in a dish" with relish.
That's what was on the menu when a mom and her teens sat down to dinner, 1940 Utah.

US government photo, in the public domain

Relish your Thursday!

Thank you bjh and happy Thursday to all

Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
I do not have a porch or balcony. It's been a while since I watched the sun rise or set from that view.

No memory of Rocky and Bullwinkle, only the name of the cartoon.

It's been 5 years since I temporarily lost my car in a garage. Hopefully never again...

Can't think of any "fun" business to be in. I wish I could retire. I've had enough. Plan was in place but it blew up in my face. Thank you, ex-wife.

I do not pay attention to company others keep. None of my business. I'm a loner by default anyway...

Can't eat seeds or nuts because I have a condition where I am not able to digest them.

Thanks, bjh.
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:09 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times
Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset?

No.

What do you remember about the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons?

I watched the reruns sometimes but not a lot. I don't remember details.

Here's fun fact, though: June Foray who provided the voice for Rocky also voiced Talky Tina, the killer doll on The Twilight Zone.

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage?

I don't know.

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for?

Something with animation or design.

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them?

I can't speak for others, but I don't really say anything. If it's a shady looking man staring I let him know with a look that I'm watching him too and he'd better not try anything. If it's a child, I start laughing which causes them to stare more to which I laugh harder. If their parents aren't looking, I'll ham it up more.

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Details, if you have them.

Yes, I guess, but I can't think of specifics.

Foodie Questions:
Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods?

Sometimes.

At least two foods that rhyme, whether they are normally eaten together or not:

Tea and brie. Bread and (fruit, etc) spread.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:30 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset?

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage? Yes, I did back when I drove different vehicles at work. I couldn't remember what I was driving.

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for? I think a jewelry store or bridal store would be a fun place to work.

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them? Take a picture, it will last longer.

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Details, if you have them. Yes

Foodie Questions:
Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods? Yes, I eat almonds quite often.

At least two foods that rhyme, whether they are normally eaten together or not: Ham - clam

Today in History:
1493 Christopher Columbus made landfall at the island of Puerto Rico on his 2nd trip to the Caribbean
1881 A meteorite landed near the village of Grossliebenthal, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine
1954 Télé Monte Carlo, Europe's oldest private television channel, launched by Prince Rainier III
1990 Pop group "Milli Vanilli" lost Grammy after it's learned they did not sing on the awarded album
1998 Vincent van Gogh's "Portrait of the Artist Without Beard" sold for 71.5 million USD

Today's Bookish Quote:
"I have this theory that it is the dream of most educated people to own or work in a bookstore."
~ Megan Coughlin, author

Today’s Word:
cognate with Old High German loh, dialectal Dutch loo (as in Waterloo), akin to Latin lucus

Today Includes:
Bundt Cake Day
Rocky and Bullwinkle Day

This Week Includes:
Book Awards Week

That's what was on the menu when a mom and her teens sat down to dinner, 1940 Utah.

Relish your Thursday!

Old 11-19-2015, 07:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
I've only really done this while on vacation. The views from my place aren't very good.
Never seen them, a bit before my time.
I've done this before, but I've always found it after a reasonable amount of time.
What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for?
A music store, obviously!
Not many people seem to pay attention here.
Not really

Foodie Questions:
No
Grape and Crepe

Old 11-19-2015, 07:27 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset? sunset but not sunrise.

What do you remember about the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons? yes! I love that cartoon!

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage? me. I've wandered many a parking lot looking for my car.

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for? A book store because I love to read.

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them? 'Take a picture it lasts longer'.

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Details, if you have them. sometimes. There's a reason people choose the friends they have.

Foodie Questions:
Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods? Right now we like to snack on peanut butter filled pretzel bites.

meat/beet
cherry/berry

Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
Do you ever sit out on your porch/balcony or at a window and watch the sunrise or sunset? Many sunsets but not so many sunrises -- I'm not a morning person.

What do you remember about the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons? Sorry, don't know that one.

Have you known of anyone who "lost" their car in a parking lot or garage? Know anyone?! I've done it myself a couple of times!

What kind of business do you think looks like it would be fun to run or to work for? Art gallery.

What might (or did) someone say to anyone in public who stared at them? Can I help you?

Are you ever surprised by the friends or company some people keep? Not really.

Do you eat sunflowers seeds, pistachios or similar snacky foods? I don't buy them but like them well enough.

Thanks bjh and happy Thursday everyone!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:46 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Mostly sunsets because of our elevation.

The conniving Boris and Natasha, Rocky, Bullwinkle and Dudly Doright.

Guilty, found it right where I left it.

Disney in the Imagineering Dept.

Do I know you?

Sure do, mostly work related oddballs.

Foodie Questions:
Yep

beans and greens, custard and mustard.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=bjh;41988556]It's Thursday in eastern Canada. That's close enough for me! So here are . . .

Sunsets yes but I don't do sunrise. I hated watching the sun come up at work.
Yes I do.
Doh It was freezing when I couldn't find my car when I was younger and my friend and I went back into the mall. I decided to check on this sectional sofa I had my eye on but couldn't afford until it went on sale as a floor model. Well it had that day and I bought it. Then I had to go out and find my car again in the frozen tundra parking lot.
Work is a four letter word now.
How are you?

Yes One of my friends is still married to her unemployed husband who was in the process of arranging a girlfriend hooker experience when she caught him. She works on a shift she's not cut out for to be home at night to hold his hand because he was feeling neglected when she worked afternoons. Who needs that mess? I try not to be judgmental when we're together but I've grown to disrespect him and now her too. She's miserably unhappy but has such a low self esteem that she refuses to divorce him. It's not my place to run her life but come on. We're supposed to hang out together next Saturday but I just don't want to.
Foodie Questions:
MMMM pistachios, pop corn, and those yogurt pretzels I just had for breakies. I love those cheddar sun chips too.
Nuts and guts. MMMMM chicken livers.

Today in History:

Today's Bookish Quote:
~ Megan Coughlin, author
Yeah one size fits all
Today’s Word:

Today Includes:
Bundt Cake Day
Rocky and Bullwinkle Day

This Week Includes:
Book Awards Week

Relish your Thursday!

Thanks bjh. I love those old "Mayberry" photo's. We loved the new restaurant within walking distance to our house. It's adorable and the walk in the rain was fun. It's the little things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics