Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:41 AM

218 posts, read 174,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And please know that the responses weren't directed at you personally, but rather solely at the kernel of spoilage that lives at the core of the humorous piece.

That's just the point though: There's loads of things that are humorous without having the baggage that the OP had.

Reveling in callousness is no way to make libertarianism sound noble. However, this is a forum about life in retirement not politics, so we should probably just leave it there.

Who's disagreeing with that? Just because there are things that are universal doesn't mean that everything is universal. The insinuation you're making is a logical fallacy.
I was just trying to make people laugh. Chill dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 12:20 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,073,024 times
I believe that is what bothered me most about bUUs post, a minorly clever obit, the humor of which most older, ie retirees would (I also thought) appreciate. But then for what reason I don't know was denigrated by bUUs post. Sorry if I come off as shallow or callus.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:42 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,937,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I'm glad someone brought this up. I saw pictures of her burns - horrible. And yes, they had already paid people off before this happened.
Why was she drinking coffee (in a possibly moving) car? or was she seated in the McDs?

Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,937,686 times
Why is my brain gets muddled when I try to follow this thread??

Old 02-07-2016, 12:07 PM

2,838 posts, read 3,178,654 times
Another political thread pretending to be otherwise

Old 02-07-2016, 01:46 PM

389 posts, read 274,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHillers View Post
I found this obituary the other day. I didn't write it, but I wish I had. Enjoy.

Common Sense Obituary

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend,Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: 1) Knowing when to come in out of the rain; 2) Why the early bird gets the worm; 3) Life isn't always fair; and 4) maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense
lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense
lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense
took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense
finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense
was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers: 1) I Know My Rights; 2) I Want It Now; 3) Someone Else Is To Blame; and 4) I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

I absolutely love this. Thanks for the humor

Old 02-07-2016, 03:36 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Why was she drinking coffee (in a possibly moving) car? or was she seated in the McDs?
She was in a parked car. She was the passenger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics