Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

...waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:13 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,696 times
People having extended conversations on their cellphones in a store, especially somewhere like an auto shop where others are sitting waiting and can't get away from the blabber. People who do that are incredibly rude and self-absorbed.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:44 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
People having extended conversations on their cellphones in a store, especially somewhere like an auto shop where others are sitting waiting and can't get away from the blabber. People who do that are incredibly rude and self-absorbed.
It is amazing, isn't it? It is one personality that does this and knows everyone can hear them, so what are they thinking? It would be painful in close quarters such as that. You will see one in a market with an empty cart or basket, not shopping, while they roam laughing and talking loudly, drawing attention as others are forced to hear them. Why can't they just shop or conduct business and talk later? (One of the joys begun due to technology).

To mention - while sitting in a room waiting for a "group thing" once, one by one, I watched everyone arrive to become riveted on their phones (as many do now). Myself and the guy next to me were not doing so - I asked "Where's your phone?", both having a chuckle.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:52 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,657 times
Have no idea why but since we moved here it takes 5 people to get involved in a project...everyone gets their hands in and then NO ONE knows what the other is doing and the job of one person becomes a confusing cluster ****...

Old 03-18-2016, 01:03 PM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Have no idea why but since we moved here it takes 5 people to get involved in a project...everyone gets their hands in and then NO ONE knows what the other is doing and the job of one person becomes a confusing cluster ****...
i'm not sure if you mean hiring someone or people trying to help, but i've seen both. though it was years ago, i still remember when my husband and a group of friends put in a fence for another member of the group. the guy had just bought and he couldn't afford to hire someone. his dog couldn't have cared less about the electric fence. talk about too many leaders and too few followers. the installation took longer than it should have, and most of the work was done by three guys.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:26 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'm so done with these fools who wear their pants hanging low. I get that kids have their own thing and all but damn. It's just so foolish looking. I'm sick of that redicolously looking fat little tub of guts running North Korea and all the sh$t talking he keeps doing.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
i'm not sure if you mean hiring someone or people trying to help, but i've seen both. though it was years ago, i still remember when my husband and a group of friends put in a fence for another member of the group. the guy had just bought and he couldn't afford to hire someone. his dog couldn't have cared less about the electric fence. talk about too many leaders and too few followers. the installation took longer than it should have, and most of the work was done by three guys.
Isn't there an expression about this such as "Too many hands in the pot" (or something)? It's like "overkill", when it ends up not being teamwork, but too many who want to to lead. It likely would have taken one leader and one or two others who could have assisted by holding something in place, handing tools, etc.

A different example, I know of a Dr's office that seems to be "overrun" in an attempt to be organized. All the assistants have their set procedures and are trying to keep on schedule I'm sure, but when something unexpected occurs (like computer program problems), they gather to share what is going on with functions they are completely reliant upon. One assistant updates records in the computer, then the next has me in another room for one test or another, then I sit and wait while my eyes are dilated. Then, I go into a room as the Dr. arrives to sit before the computer, discussing my tests / records with an assistant, while another pops their head in the door to discuss something. So, who gets the brunt of this? The Dr. even appears annoyed as he checks my eyes. Then, while the Dr. is in and out, I'll realize that I did not address a concern.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 03-19-2016 at 02:55 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 09:12 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,206 times
I'm so tired of parents who let their kids run amok in restaurants and let them make a mess.

They know it's not their home, they don't have to clean it up. Also, letting your kids run around the table isn't a good idea. Restaurant servers with big trays are like semi trucks on the highway, they can't stop on a dime.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
I'm so tired of parents who let their kids run amok in restaurants and let them make a mess.

They know it's not their home, they don't have to clean it up. Also, letting your kids run around the table isn't a good idea. Restaurant servers with big trays are like semi trucks on the highway, they can't stop on a dime.
You just need to choose restaurants that don't allow kids. That behavior isn't good in any public place, unless a park or another place for children.

Parents who don't acknowledge this is a problem, are not unlike those who thoughtlessly cause aggravation for others while living in an apartment, doing whatever they want and not considering their behavior or actions. And those kids being allowed to run amok, are the ones who grow up to be them.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:06 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Parents who don't acknowledge this is a problem, are not unlike those who thoughtlessly cause aggravation for others while living in an apartment, doing whatever they want and not considering their behavior or actions. And those kids being allowed to run amok, are the ones who grow up to be them.
Sometimes it's not the parents, but the education system. The upbringing of the children is taken out of the hands of those that may have some chance of curbing this behaviour, and given over to people that seem to have no control at all. I, and a number of other parents, have experienced this first hand. Nothing one can do about it, the law says a child has to be in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post

I'd like to add; I don't like this behaviour either, or when at another child's house, and when the parent of said child, or children, just sits and watches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics