Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 03:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,121,220 times

Advertisements

He was one of the nicest guys I ever dated and had it all, great and funny personality and employed and had a well rounded life. Humor was our mutual vice.

One morning around 6 a.m. I had a friend of mine (who is gay and also knew French as his first language) come over with a tux and I had my mom's silver tray and lids and some other stuff I took from hotel rooms. We went to McDonald's and got an egg McMuffin, hash browns, coffee. And then we put it on the plate with the silver cover on a silver platter and a note with a waiter on it that said, "Do not leave this outside your door when finished, call ###-####and then my friend delivered it and came back to my house and we were cracking up. I got a call alright and he was laughing so hard which made me start laughing.

To what extent have you gone to make someone's day or made them laugh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:10 PM
bjh

59,900 posts, read 30,245,188 times
You got me beat.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:15 PM

114,841 posts, read 65,612,410 times
I have a notoriously short memory.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:51 PM

21,450 posts, read 8,650,044 times
When I was in my 20s I worked in an office with a bunch of young people who were always joking and cutting up. One afternoon I received a package from a department store, a table lamp I had ordered. My office was way at the back of our department, so I carried the large carton to my desk and started unpacking it.

Suddenly I had an inspiration. I put the lampshade on my head, then sashayed down the entire length of the office, doing my very best imitation of a runway model. I was expecting hooting, catcalls or laughter, but strangely, though, no one reacted. Something didn't seem right. You could have hear a pin drop in our normally raucous office.

Curious, I removed the lampshade and lo and behold, I was standing right in front of Mr. Francis A. Martin III. He was the company's executive vice-president and heir to the company's founders, a blue-blood type whom everyone was in awe of and who had no discernible sense of humor whatsoever. There he stood in his three-piece pinstripe suit and silk tie, looking at me. And he wasn't laughing.

"Nice hat you've got there," he said. I mumbled something, but I was so embarrassed I don't remember what my reply was. Later the people in the office said that they had seen me coming in one direction and Mr. Martin in the other direction. We were on a collision course, it was too late to warn me, so there was nothing they could do but sit there and watch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics