Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:04 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,388 times

Advertisements

Happy Spring everybody...my favorite time of year...let's get hopping......

1. When was the last time you colored Easter eggs?

2. Are you ever drawn into a business by a costume wearing employee standing on the side of the road waving a sign, like for a $5 large pizza?

3. Do you like egg salad?

4. _____________ Bunny

5. Do you use the same detergent to wash clothes regularly or buy what's on sale or try new things here and there?

6. Have you ever eaten canned......
Spinach
Beenie Weenies
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales
Vienna Sausage

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has??

8. Do you have an old cassette recorder laying around?

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence?

10. ___________ Egg

11. Favorite chocolate bunny flavor

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

12. Do you eat the ears first?

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick?

14. Black jelly beans...yay or nay

15. Peter__________________

Dessert of the Day....Cannoli Recipes - Cannoli Filling and Cannoli Shells

Best answer from last week......rainroosty....
Have you ever found a 4 leaf clover?

Yes, on Long Island, New York....plus I ate the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Hope your weather is getting nice and ours here in Tennessee is too....still not over the freeze warnings at night!!! Happy Tuesday and Happy Easter week!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 12:19 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,793,767 times

Couple years ago...
2. Are you ever drawn into a business by a costume wearing employee standing on the side of the road waving a sign, like for a $5 large pizza?

I suppose but never have it without tuna or chicken.
4. ____Easter_________ Bunny

5. Do you use the same detergent to wash clothes regularly or buy what's on sale or try new things here and there?
Varies!
Spinach
Beenie Weenies
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales Probably many many years ago.
Vienna Sausage

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has??
Everything.
Doubt it.
Years a go...
10. ____Easter_______ Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick?

15. Peter____Cottontail______________

Yes, on Long Island, New York....plus I ate the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms.

Hope your weather is getting nice and ours here in Tennessee is too....still not over the freeze warnings at night!!! Happy Tuesday and Happy Easter week!!!!!
Thanks Linda! Nice job!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:23 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,714,516 times
So long ago that I don't remember. Probably in the 1960s.
No, that kind of attention-getting tactic tends to turn me off.

Yes, I love it.

4. Bugs Bunny

I always use Tide because I like the scent.

Spinach
Beenie Weenies
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales
Vienna Sausage
All of the above, I'm sorry to say.

Yes, I never thought I would wear glasses, color my hair or use hearing aids.

Yes

Once. Mr. Bay chased it around the house until it finally jumped through the furnace intake grate and took a long ride down to the basement, where it expired.

10. Easter Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

Yes, it's hard not to.

Strawberry, if I could get them with no frosting, the way they were originally sold when they first came out.
My favorite.
15. Peter Pan

Thanks, Linda!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:28 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,365,591 times
1. When was the last time you colored Easter eggs? Easter bunny and I are working on 'em right now.

Nope. Makes you wonder if anyone is.

4. _Bugs_______ Bunny

5. Do you use the same detergent to wash clothes regularly or buy what's on sale or try new things here and there? Same.

Spinach Yes
Beenie Weenies Yes
Asparagus No
Pig's Feet No way in h____
Tamales From a jar.
Vienna Sausage Yes

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has?? Balding.

8. Do you have an old cassette recorder laying around? Somewhere.

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence? Yep. Trapped and disposed of. Entry point fixed.

10. _Boiled___ Egg

Hollow milk chocolate Okay
Solid milk chocolate Good
Cookies and cream Also good
Peanut butter Okay
Dark chocolate Haven't had in an Easter bunny

12. Do you eat the ears first? Sometimes.

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick? Unfrosted strawberry.

14. Black jelly beans...yay or nay Okay

15. Peter___Moss-keet-er________

Old 03-22-2016, 12:46 AM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times

1. When was the last time you colored Easter eggs? About 45 years ago.

2. Are you ever drawn into a business by a costume wearing employee standing on the side of the road waving a sign, like for a $5 large pizza? No, but if some hot looking woman in front of a strip club was making a sign I might be tempted to go inside and check it out...

3. Do you like egg salad? Sometimes.

4. Playboy Bunny

5. Do you use the same detergent to wash clothes regularly or buy what's on sale or try new things here and there? Same-o-same-o.

Spinach Yes, regularly..
Beenie Weenies Have in the past.
Asparagus Hate it.
Pig's Feet Never tried, sounds disgusting.
Tamales Love'em.
Vienna Sausage Not in 50 years, yuck.

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has?? Getting old an wrinkly too.

8. Do you have an old cassette recorder laying around? Yes, a portable one.

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence? In one of the houses that I grew up in.

10. Poached Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter XX
Dark chocolate

12. Do you eat the ears first? Toes, then work my way up .

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick? I'd rather eat SPAM than a pop tart.

14. Black jelly beans...yay or nay They're okay sometimes.

15. Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers.

linda

Old 03-22-2016, 12:46 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,596,028 times
When was the last time you colored Easter eggs? Several years ago dyed them at work for a kids event - used onion skins to dye the shells different shades of yellow to brown - the historic way.

2. Are you ever drawn into a business by a costume wearing employee standing on the side of the road waving a sign, like for a $5 large pizza? No it usually makes me go the other way because that kind of advertising makes it seem as though they're desperate.

4. _____Bugs________ Bunny

Spinach
Beenie Weenies What are these??? I've eaten canned beans. Do they add hot dogs???
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales
Vienna Sausage Actually got it as a treat for the catsandog because I don't cook meat.

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has?? Oh, so many things. Saggy body parts!

8. Do you have an old cassette recorder laying around? Yes, it's in the bottom drawer of my file cabinet!

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence? Here's a mouse story for you all: Several years ago I lived in a teeny little home made kind of house right next to a river, and my cats were kept busy catching various kinds of rodents. One day I was taking a shower and washing my hair. I opened my soapy eyes for a minute and noticed something funny in the soap dish. I looked closer to see what it was (I'm blind as a bat without my glasses), and it was a little mouse sitting in the soap dish watching me take a shower! I shrieked and jumped out of the shower and ran outside screaming, buck nekkid, wet, barefoot, and with soap in my hair and eyes! Fortunately I only had neighbors on one side and they weren't home, so I don't think anyone saw me. After a while I got myself together and went back inside to the shower and the mouse was gone, so I was able to rinse off. I did see that mouse again soon afterwards and tried to shoo it out the door, but it ran under the refrigerator, and later that night I heard it being murdered by the cats. Of course, the next morning I had to pick it's poor dead body up and take it outside. I felt bad for the poor mousie; we'd kind of gone through an adventure together.

10. __You're a Good_________ Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

12. Do you eat the ears first? Of course!

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick? I haven't had them in so long I don't know the flavors. Is there cherry?

14. Black jelly beans...yay or nay!!! Blech to all licorice!

15. Peter__Piper________________

Thanks, Linda! Happy Tuesday, all!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:48 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post

Most every Easter here.

Only if that's where I had intended to go anyway.

4. _Dust_ Bunny

The same - Tide - haven't found anything better.

Spinach Many eons ago, one kiddo really believed in Popeye & his spinach!
Beenie Weenies But made these for the kiddos from pkgs of wieners & cans of pork & beans, ugh!
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales
Vienna Sausage <-- Part of my Dad's remedy to prevent seasickness, along w/cheese & crackers, a no-win either way!

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has?? Having to make lists, used to give my Mom such a hard time for all of hers!

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence? 'Til we found where he was getting in & closed it up.

10. _Golden_ Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate

Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick? Strawberry or Cinnamon

15. Peter_Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail_

Dessert of the Day ....Cannoli Recipes - Cannoli Filling and Cannoli Shells

Thanks Linda for Tuesday's QotD!

Happy Tuesday all, hope you enjoy a ducky kind of day!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:57 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post

1. When was the last time you colored Easter eggs? Probably the 80's when my daughter was small.

2. Are you ever drawn into a business by a costume wearing employee standing on the side of the road waving a sign, like for a $5 large pizza? Haven't yet.

3. Do you like egg salad? Yes.

4. Bugs Bunny

5. Do you use the same detergent to wash clothes regularly or buy what's on sale or try new things here and there? I pay attention to prices.

6. Have you ever eaten canned...... None of these.
Spinach
Beenie Weenies
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales
Vienna Sausage

7.What is something you noticed in older people when you were younger that you thought would never happen to you....but has?? Getting real conservative! I always was conservative to some point but it's gotten worse.

8. Do you have an old cassette recorder laying around? Yes! And lately I've been playing it.

9. Have you ever had a mouse in residence? Unfortunately, yes.

10. Boiled Egg

Hollow milk chocolate - Palmer's Baby Binks
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

12. Do you eat the ears first? Yep!

13. If Pop Tarts were the only thing you had to eat, what flavor would you pick? Blueberry. And I like them cold.

15. Peter Frampton

Best answer from last week......rainroosty.... Good one.

Thanks, Linda.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:25 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
Years ago,,,, maybe 40 .
Nope,,, I stay away from places like that,,,,, never never would to stop in.

Yes it's one of my favorites

4. Bugs Bunny

Mrs Aks always uses the same detergent because of my allergies.....

Spinach
Beenie Weenies
Asparagus
Pig's Feet
Tamales<<<------ This one
Vienna Sausage

No,,, I just figured I'd grow old one day and I did. Now I've got the glasses trifocals and they want me to get a hearing aid......

Yes two of them......

Once years ago but my dog was good at attacking it, killing it so I didn't have to. Love that dog and miss her.

10. Easter Egg

Hollow milk chocolate
Solid milk chocolate
Cookies and cream
Peanut butter
Dark chocolate

Blueberry
Yay
15. Peter Rabbit

Old 03-22-2016, 02:10 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Something I noticed in older people when I was younger, that I never thought would happen to me? Mmmmm....... I guess talking about the past. My grandmother would talk about her youth to me when I lived with her in the late 60s. The world she described was long gone. I would smile as she talked about the first time she saw a car in the early 1900s. The amount of goods she could buy for what seemed to me, a very small amount of money. Her sadness speaking about people she had known for decades, who had died.

When you're 14 years old, someone talking about life 60 years before, is quite strange. I looked at her as this ancient monument........ The same with my father as he talked about his experiences as a young boy during the Second World War. How difficult life was, and the hardships of his life at that time.

Now, when I talk about my life as a kid in the 60s to my son, I find myself struggling to explain how life was then, compared to his childhood in the 80s and 90s. I find it hard to explain how important music was to my generation. We didn't have as many distractions as young people have today. It was all about the clothes we wore, and the music we listened to. I also find myself thinking of the people I have known for decades who have died. The real shock to the system, is when you hear of a friend from your schooldays has died. When you're young, you never think about growing old. Old people are a group you never believe you will join.........

Sadly, I do have an old cassette player. Along with the cassettes to play on it! It is part of an old music system that also includes a record player, and radio. I have many, many, LPs also........ a record doesn't sound right to me without some crackle in the background!! My grandson, upon seeing it for the first time, wanted to see and hear it work. When I lowered the needle on to the record, and the music started, his face was a picture.........

I have had a mouse in residence! It has happened twice in our house in the last 15 years. Both times when the weather turned cold. It broke my heart to lay traps, and kill them. But, if you don't of course, you will have many mice to deal with. Not a task I want to repeat again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics