Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 11:35 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

I hope you are all doing well today and are ready for a bit of fun. Take a moment to relax and ponder the following.

Today's Question(s):
Last weekend hubby and I went to Maple Sugar Time, an annual reenactment "festival" of all things made from on-site maple trees, like early area inhabitants might have done. When finished, we bought a jar of "maple cream," suitable for spreading on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Yum!

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?

Just for Fun:
Which of the following would you do, or have you done:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)?
ride a zip line?
overnight in a haunted house?
skydive?
cliff dive?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1998 70th Academy Awards - Oscar Ceremony Billy Crystal hosts, Titanic wins eleven Oscars, including Best Picture, Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt win lead acting awards
Birthday: 1910 Akira Kurosawa, Japanese director (d. Sept 6, 1988)
Science/Technology: 1965 Gemini 3 launched, 1st U.S. 2-man space flight (Grissom and Young)
Sports: 2014 Kentucky beat undefeated Wichita State in the NCAA basketball tournament, ending Wichita's historic 35-0 record

Today’s Word:
quale
Pronunciation: (KWA-lee, -lay)
Meaning: noun: A quality or property as perceived by a person: a subjective experience.
Etymology: From Latin qualis (or what kind).
Earliest documented use: 1654.

Today is:
National Chip and Dip Day
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day
National Tamale Day
Near Miss Day
Ta'Anit Esther
OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:
"Man is a genius when he is dreaming." ~ Akira Kurosawa ~

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 11:45 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Today's Question(s):
Last weekend hubby and I went to Maple Sugar Time, an annual reenactment "festival" of all things made from on-site maple trees, like early area inhabitants might have done. When finished, we bought a jar of "maple cream," suitable for spreading on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Yum!

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home? N/A never been.

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? Jets flying overhead.

Just for Fun:
Polar Plunge (jumping into a cold lake)? Never.
ride a zip line? On the bucket list.
overnight in a haunted house? Have done.
Stayed overnite in this haunted Hotel a few years ago.
http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/...ueen_hotel.htm
skydive? Never.
cliff dive? Never.

Last edited by wit-nit; 03-23-2016 at 12:17 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 11:49 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,818,808 times
Mornin' all!

I hope you are all doing well today and are ready for a bit of fun. Take a moment to relax and ponder the following.

Today's Question(s):
Sounds like fun!
Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it?
I watch birds and helicopters.....

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line? Would do..
skydive? Not a chance in hell.
cliff dive?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1998 70th Academy Awards - Oscar Ceremony Billy Crystal hosts, Titanic wins eleven Oscars, including Best Picture, Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt win lead acting awards
Science/Technology: 1965 Gemini 3 launched, 1st U.S. 2-man space flight (Grissom and Young)
Sports: 2014 Kentucky beat undefeated Wichita State in the NCAA basketball tournament, ending Wichita's historic 35-0 record

Today’s Word:
quale
Meaning: noun: A quality or property as perceived by a person: a subjective experience.

Today is:
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day
National Tamale Day
Near Miss Day
Ta'Anit Esther
OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-22-2016 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-22-2016, 11:57 PM

38,885 posts, read 22,864,124 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home? No, I've never been to any kind of re-enactment event or olden days-type festival. I would, however, be interested in seeing Medieval Times, which isn't far from here: Medieval Times Dinner & Live Shows in Buena Park, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas & More | Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? Restored vintage cars driving down the street. I actually was driving behind a whole line of them one Sunday morning. They were headed to a car show being held at a local park.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?
I haven't tried any of these, nor am I inclined to at this stage of my life.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:03 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit?
And did
you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available?
A few different flavors of homemade fudge and jams.
If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?
Enjoyed it all!

Bonus Question(s):
Many different things might get my attention at any given moment.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line? They've installed a new one at the beach, so might try this one day
skydive?
cliff dive?

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
quale

Today is:
National Melba Toast Day
National Puppy Day
National Tamale Day
Near Miss Day
Ta'Anit Esther
OK Day
World Meteorological Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats for Wednesday's QotD!

Enjoy All!

Old 03-23-2016, 12:06 AM

21,540 posts, read 8,722,464 times
Today's Question(s)

Yes, I have been to the Renaissance Faire and the Dickens Christmas Faire. Other than food, the only merchandise I bought was a wooden toy at the Renaissance Faire. It was fun to play with, but I never quite mastered it.

Bonus Question(s):
I get excited when it rains because we've had so little of it in the last few years. I will also get up to watch a flock of songbirds, a beautiful sunset over the ocean, the moon, a meteor shower or an interesting cloud formation.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?
To all of the above I say: No way, José!

Thanks, PatsCats!

Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Last weekend hubby and I went to Maple Sugar Time, an annual reenactment "festival" of all things made from on-site maple trees, like early area inhabitants might have done. When finished, we bought a jar of "maple cream," suitable for spreading on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Yum! I would enjoy that!

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit? And did you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available? If so, what did you think of it once you got it home? We've been to several Renaissance Faires, a few times in costume. Have purchased a few things and was happy with most of them.

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? Rainbows, some birds, different planes.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line? Would like to.
overnight in a haunted house? Haunted B&B but I didn't experience anything.
skydive?
cliff dive?

Thanks, Pats. Happy Humps.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:04 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever gone to any olden days type festival or exhibit?
And did
you purchase any of the related merchandise, if any was available?
If so, what did you think of it once you got it home?

Bonus Question(s):
I like to watch birds, my sister loves to see helicopters. What is something that excites you enough to move from a relaxed position to get up to see it? Rainbows/Sunrises/Sunsets

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?

Wishing you a Wacky Wednesday!

Old 03-23-2016, 01:50 AM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Good morning PC and all.

Today's Question(s):

Many years ago I went to the opening of an historic house that had been taken over by a certain entrepreneur. He managed to turn what had been a significant historic place into a second rate Disney attraction. Not my cup of tea. However I will happily visit places that have been shown the respect they deserve. Also there's some big Shakespeare festivals coming up this year, marking the 400th anniversary of his death.

Bonus Question(s):

Classic cars.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?

Um, think I'll have that cup of tea.

Thanks PC.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:24 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Today's Question(s):
Been to medieval festivals a couple of times. Just brought back memories.

Bonus Question(s):
Animals, often. Cool cars. Food.

Just for Fun:
ride a zip line?
skydive?
cliff dive?

None of the above. Makes me wonder what I've been doing with my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics