Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:11 PM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times

Advertisements

50 years ago? - 1966 - in a word - trauma, both physically and mentally. My childhood was a disaster.

40 years ago? - 1976 - The best time period for me. Nothing beat the 1970s. By far my favorite decade. Way less stressful than today's times. Sports (playing and watching), all night poker games, parties, and live music dominated. Gainfully employed and my own apartment at age 21. Life was good.

30 years ago? - 1986 -Winding down in a dead end job. The 80's was a shock compared to the 70's. The country changed and not for the better.

20 years ago? - 1996 - The 90s were an improvement over the 80s. My second favorite decade but distant compared to the 70s. I went to a lot of parties because my then housemate was/is in a local rock band. Also, gainfully employed in a job I enjoyed. The Federal Government RIF's came a little later, unfortunately.

10 years ago? - 2006 - In a marriage I should have never been in. I regret not staying single. A very costly mistake.
But I had 2 good jobs with cheap and excellent health insurance, unlike today.

Thanks, Bayarea4
Better late than never I suppose, ha, ha. Hope everyone had a good Sunday!
Work today was better than average. The boss is not usually around on Sunday's which is always good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 06:42 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Today’s Questions
(Answer the ones that are relevant to you):

Where were you and what were you doing

70 years ago?

60 years ago?
I am a second-grader in San Fernando, California boarding at an elderly lady's house with my divorced dad and older brother.
50 years ago?
I am a high school senior in Santa Clara, California living with my father, stepmother and her three children. I work on the school newspaper and play bassoon in the band and orchestra.
40 years ago?
I am single, working for a television station in the promotion department and living in a studio apartment in San Francisco with Charlie, my budgie. I drive a Volkswagen Beetle and am dating an airline pilot. I will meet the man who becomes my first husband at a party later this year.
30 years ago?
I am divorced, still working at the TV station but on the studio crew. I live in a small apartment in San Francisco with the future Mr. Bay and our budgies Peter and Polly.
20 years ago?
Still working at the TV station, married to Mr. Bay and living in a house on a hill with our budgie Henry. Trying to cope with the stress of managing care long-distance for our elderly widowed mothers.
10 years ago?
In my last full year as a full-time employee at the TV station, though I don't realize it yet. Both our mothers have passed on. Mr. Bay is retired, and I will be joining him after two more years of part-time work for the TV station.

Thanks to everyone for your interesting answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics