U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
 
4,834 posts, read 3,917,967 times
Reputation: 2339
I think that the mystique about us, not knowing who the other really is, is what attracts many C-D posters.

It also allows us to vent and act in a manner other than that which we are known for in real life.

We all know we cannot post the way we do if everyone...our MILs, FILs, neighbors, Moms, Dads, etc know who we are..so this identity protection is a good thing.

Besides, even if anyone from anywhere thought they knew who I really was what could they do with the info?

After all, my home is "Protected By Smith & Wesson"...ROFLMA...

and, lastly, NO, I have never been busted.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
23,324 posts, read 14,956,058 times
Reputation: 54247
Talking Hi Mom it's me ~ your son

Interesting ,,,, but Iíve never given that a thought. However I have never said or done anything on C-D that I wouldnít have done in the neighborhood or with family and friends. I guess if anyone finds out that Iím here,,,, itís no big deal. However donít tell Mrs AksarbeN that I spend more time here online then doing my chores.

For the most part I think that all of the members that Iím familiar with in reading their posts are as normal as anyone who lives on my block, never said or did anything that was too off-color. Come to think of it, there have been some pictures posted in the post office closely resemble a few of those here. LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
 
4,834 posts, read 3,917,967 times
Reputation: 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Interesting ,,,, but Iíve never given that a thought. However I have never said or done anything on C-D that I wouldnít have done in the neighborhood or with family and friends. I guess if anyone finds out that Iím here,,,, itís no big deal. However donít tell Mrs AksarbeN that I spend more time here online then doing my chores.

For the most part I think that all of the members that Iím familiar with in reading their posts are as normal as anyone who lives on my block, never said or did anything that was too off-color. Come to think of it, there have been some pictures posted in the post office closely resemble a few of those here. LOL
LMAO...and remember, some of us may be in Witness protection so where is there a better place to hide?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,184 posts, read 17,868,524 times
Reputation: 3674
Discretion is always the better part of valour.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
9,971 posts, read 6,181,159 times
Reputation: 6457
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Let's hope she isn't bored enough to go back through all 1k plus posts if she does

To the OP, I actually do live in a small town, but I am alright with that as I am pretty straight forward with my posts. So, other than my mil, am not worried about getting busted for anything.
yeah, but you better watch tlb71, she'd been on the backside of my property taken pictures of my summer plumbing....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
 
Location: makin' bacon
3,340 posts, read 1,901,507 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
yeah, but you better watch tlb71, she'd been on the backside of my property taken pictures of my summer plumbing....
Who me?I was just looking for the smokehouse full of bacon and your stash of green M&Ms.

I am trying to get my pic deleted just *in case* it is on a post office wall somewhere in Nebraska.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
 
Location: NC
2,263 posts, read 3,503,239 times
Reputation: 2208
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Who me?I was just looking for the smokehouse full of bacon and your stash of green M&Ms.

I am trying to get my pic deleted just *in case* it is on a post office wall somewhere in Nebraska.
Or on some mature website!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
 
4,834 posts, read 3,917,967 times
Reputation: 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Discretion is always the better part of valour.
always..tis better to be heard and not seen..or something like that
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
448 posts, read 633,405 times
Reputation: 443
Hmmm general rule for life in general. If you wouldn't dare say it to their face, best not to say it at all.
I have been having to practice what I preach with my dear friend divorcing my BIL!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top