Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:31 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times

Advertisements

WHEW!!!!!!! All guests are gone and time to get back to reality...Two weeks of visitors, drop ins and food, drink and merriment...It was fun but I'm feeling it.....getting old.....here goes....

1. Have you ever gone to Opening Day at a MLB game?
I have not. Never lived anywhere near enough.

2. Ever coach a Little League team?
Nope

3. Have you gone to Major League game this season or plan to?
Would like to but they don't sell stinky cheese to snack on and their beer is not cheap.

4. What was your last experience with automated customer service? Good bad or ugly?
It was good until the machine laughed at me for being broke.

5. Rick will be late for work. Overslept.

6. Tums or Rolaids
Neither. Have a cast iron stomach. Well except for the spot where my ulcer is located.

7. Do you ever fill out surveys for free stuff ie.give them your feedback in lieu of a $5gift card or percentage off?
I don't. Have no need for a bunch of cheap junk that required me to give out all sorts of personal data

8. How much change is in your car console or cup holder?
2 wheat pennies.

9. When was the last time you drove on a toll road?
Does it count as a toll road if I blew thru the toll booth without stopping to pay?

10. Did you wear your seat belt even when it was an option not to?
I do. Maybe once a year I forget to put it on. It was just my luck that the time a kid ran a red light and totaled my truck with me in it was the one time for the year that I did not have my seatbelt on. Fortunately it was a side impact. If it had been head on C-D would not have some fool that goes by "Alaskan Mutt" posting.

11. Happy Stinky Cheese Day

12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note?
I never have anything to write with. If the service is up to par I leave a tip. If the service is even better I leave a big tip. If the service is poor no tip gets left. If the service is real poor i leave a penny

13. Is your town relatively clean or do people throw things along the roadside leaving a mess?
Actually fairly clean. It appears a lot of people have promised the judge they would never be bad again if they did not get sent to jail and just have to serve some community service. I see these people picking up trash all the time.

14. Little chance of getting me to eat yucky veggies.

15. Do you have bottle return in your state? If not, do you wish you did?
We do not. I probably should be more into recycling but the last time I took a bunch of cans to the recycle center I got ten dollars for them. It then only cost me twenty dollars to get the two flat tires I got going there fixed.

16. In light of this Fit Bit craze, do you find people constantly letting you know how many steps THEY have taken or have to take that day?
Those kind of people are not a problem for me. All I do is blow some stinky cheese breath on them and they take a bunch more steps in a hurry.

Dessert of the Day Brownie and Berries Dessert Pizza recipe from Betty Crocker

Best Answer last week....Thanks Laura C......
Have you ever slept in your car at a rest stop?

Obviously, you don't watch horror movies.
C'mon, the guy with the axe. The rest stop rapist. The rest stop abductor. The flying monster that swoops down and grabs your car while you sleep in it. The aliens who beam you out of your car at the rest stop because it's easier (and darker) than snatching you out of your bed. The mysterious big rig driver who follows you after you leave the rest stop and tries to run you off the road. The snipers/terrorists who always stop at a rest stop to get some sleep, then take your car and shoot you. The gang of drunk 18 year olds who show up and torment you...before they go camping and die one by one.

It's going to be 80 today...get out the sunscreen!!!!!! Have a great week!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 10:34 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
. Have you ever gone to Opening Day at a MLB game? NO..IT WAS ALWAYS SO COLD IN DETROIT IN EARLY APRIL. .

2. Ever coach a Little League team? NO

3. Have you gone to Major League game this season or plan to? NO TEAMS AROUND..DARNIT

4. What was your last experience with automated customer service? Good bad or ugly? UGLY

5. Rick___SPRINGFIELD_____________________

6. Tums or Rolaids___I GAG ON BOTH______________

7. Do you ever fill out surveys for free stuff ie.give them your feedback in lieu of a $5gift card or percentage off? YES SOMETIMES AMAZON ASKS QUESTIONS

8. How much change is in your car console or cup holder? COUPLE OF BUCKS

9. When was the last time you drove on a toll road? LAST YEAR IN WV..HUSBAND BITCHED TO THE BOOTH ATTENDANT ABOUT THE 40 CENTS..I WAS EMBARRASSED. ...

10. Did you wear your seat belt even when it was an option not to? YES

11. Happy___SLAPPY__________________

12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note? NO

13. Is your town relatively clean or do people throw things along the roadside leaving a mess? SCOTT COUNTY TENNESSEE IS A MESS. .PEOPLE EVEN GO OUT ON THEIR OWN TIME TO COLLECT TRASH...PEOPLE WHO THROW MATTRESSES TIRES DIAPERS AND CAR ENGINES SHOULD BE PROSECUTED. ..

14. Little__MAN TATE______________

15. Do you have bottle return in your state? If not, do you wish you did? NONE HERE IN TN..WHICH IS PART IF THE LITTER PROBLEM. ..I THROW MY GARBAGE AWAY AND OUR SALES TAX IS HIGH SO WE DONT NEED TO BE PAYING DEPOSIT. .

16. In light of this Fit Bit craze, do you find people constantly letting you know how many steps THEY have taken or have to take that day? O. M. G... I HEAR THIS EVERYDAY AND IT DRIVES ME INSANE... YESTERDAY I WALKED 45 STEPS..BIG WHOOP...THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR 100,000 STEPS A DAY. KEEP IT PRIVATE..I DONT CARE...

Old 04-19-2016, 11:00 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=linda814;43762417]WHEW!!!!!!! All guests are gone and time to get back to reality...Two weeks of visitors, drop ins and food, drink and merriment...It was fun but I'm feeling it.....getting old.....here goes....

4. What was your last experience with automated customer service? Good bad or ugly?
It's a nightmare if it's over the phone.
5. Rick__Springfield______________________

6. Tums or Rolaids___Pepsid or Zantac. I'm hard core ______________

7. Do you ever fill out surveys for free stuff ie.give them your feedback in lieu of a $5gift card or percentage off?

8. How much change is in your car console or cup holder? Zero

9. When was the last time you drove on a toll road? Maybe last week. It's difficult to get out of Dodge here without paying one.

10. Did you wear your seat belt even when it was an option not to? Yes! John insisted even before it was the law.

11. Happy__Birthday, ugh I hate those. ___________________

12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note? No but I did ask the waitress to ask the cook if he'd marry me

13. Is your town relatively clean or do people throw things along the roadside leaving a mess? I'd say pretty clean.

14. Little_Red Riding Hood. _______________

16. In light of this Fit Bit craze, do you find people constantly letting you know how many steps THEY have taken or have to take that day? Nope. I don't have one and I don't want one. I know how hard we worked this last week and how much my arms hurt today. We have to move a ton of dirt. The fish pond comes out today.

Dessert of the Day Brownie and Berries Dessert Pizza recipe from Betty Crocker

Best Answer last week....Thanks Laura C......
Have you ever slept in your car at a rest stop?

Obviously, you don't watch horror movies.
C'mon, the guy with the axe. The rest stop rapist. The rest stop abductor. The flying monster that swoops down and grabs your car while you sleep in it. The aliens who beam you out of your car at the rest stop because it's easier (and darker) than snatching you out of your bed. The mysterious big rig driver who follows you after you leave the rest stop and tries to run you off the road. The snipers/terrorists who always stop at a rest stop to get some sleep, then take your car and shoot you. The gang of drunk 18 year olds who show up and torment you...before they go camping and die one by one.

It's going to be 80 today...get out the sunscreen!!!!!! Have a great week!!!!!

Thanks Linda. We're in the 60's today. It's perfect weather to take the fish pond out. We have to get over a large deck to do it, or go all the way around the house. It's a pretty big hole.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;43765991]

14. Little chance of getting me to eat yucky veggies.

Why doesn't City Data have a stink eye emogie

Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
No

No

No

Very good.

5. Rick Shaw

6. Tums or Rolands Meh

I have done this.

Less than a dollar.

11. Happy Happy, Happy.

12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note?
No

13. Is your town relatively clean or do people throw things along the roadside leaving a mess?
Not bad, could be better.

14. Little Abner

We do and I need to make a recycle run.

16. In light of this Fit Bit craze, do you find people constantly letting you know how many steps THEY have taken or have to take that day?
No

Thanx Linda, enjoy your relaxing time.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:24 AM

903 posts, read 583,423 times
No

Yes

No

Bad - tried to use name directory, only last name was an option and then no option to get back to main menu. Had to hang-up and re-dial.

5. Rick________________________
Rick Santorum (Spelling?) -- not really sure why that was my first thought.

6. Tums or Rolaids_________________
Gaviscon (I get the generic from Walmart)

No

Maybe around $1

Toll Road, about 6-months ago, Toll Bridge about 3-months ago.

Yes

11. Happy_____________________
Valentine's Day - my mind is a bit scar today.

I almost always write a Thank you with 3 crosses and a smiley face. I have left "tips" before when service was sub-par.

Relatively clean

14. Little________________
League

Yes, we have it. We pay upfront though so if we return them we are just getting back what we already paid.

No. I see others post about their activities on FB and Instagram, I do the same. Don't really see people post about their actual steps though.

cd :O)

Old 04-19-2016, 11:26 AM

903 posts, read 583,423 times
[quote=animalcrazy;43766367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note? No but I did ask the waitress to ask the cook if he'd marry me
Did they and did you marry the cook? :O)

Old 04-19-2016, 01:08 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times

4. What was your last experience with automated customer service? Good bad or ugly? Frustrating

5. Ricky Ricardo

6. Tums or Rolaids

8. How much change is in your car console or cup holder? A couple of dollars worth

9. When was the last time you drove on a toll road? A couple of months ago

10. Did you wear your seat belt even when it was an option not to? Yes
[color="DarkOrchid"][u]

11. Happy Gilmore

14. Little LuLu

Wishing you a great rest of the day!

Old 04-19-2016, 01:09 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,620,191 times
[quote=linda814;43762417]WHEW!!!!!!! All guests are gone and time to get back to reality...Two weeks of visitors, drop ins and food, drink and merriment...It was fun but I'm feeling it.....getting old.....here goes.... And you didn't invite me

1. Have you ever gone to Opening Day at a MLB game? No.

2. Ever coach a Little League team? Nope.

3. Have you gone to Major League game this season or plan to? Nope.

5. Rick-a-shaw

6. Tums or Rolaids_________________

7. Do you ever fill out surveys for free stuff ie.give them your feedback in lieu of a $5gift card or percentage off? Have many times.

8. How much change is in your car console or cup holder? Zero.

9. When was the last time you drove on a toll road? It's been many years.

10. Did you wear your seat belt even when it was an option not to? Yes, always, kept me from falling out the broken car door.

11. Happy as can be.

12. All over the Internet are stories of people leaving notes on their receipts regarding restaurant service, good or bad...Ever leave a note? Nope.

13. Is your town relatively clean or do people throw things along the roadside leaving a mess? Clean except for those butt throwers.

14. Little Mermaid.

15. Do you have bottle return in your state? If not, do you wish you did? No & yes.

16. In light of this Fit Bit craze, do you find people constantly letting you know how many steps THEY have taken or have to take that day? Haven't met anyone with a Fitbit.

linda

Old 04-19-2016, 03:27 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Missed these 2.

Couple of years ago.

I sure did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics