Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:11 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,098 times

Advertisements

Good Morning--it came too fast

Today's Question(s):
There are curently five living generations in my (small-ish) family;

How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish.
Three

Bonus Question(s):
One of the things on today's "Today Is" list is National Cheddar Fries Day. My Canadian friends will know what I'm talking about when I ask if you have ever had Poutine, or anything similar to it? Is there anywhere in your country where it is served, or would you have to travel far if you wanted some?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine
Never had it. I will check into Poutine when I go to Vancouver BC next week.

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear?

Today is:
Chinese Language Day We have one last Fortune Cookie on the table--I will celebrate with it!
International Cli-Fi Day
National Cheddar Fries Day
National Pot Smokers Day

Wishing you a super duper day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 04:05 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,585,459 times
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish.3 generations: my mom, my sisters, and one niece. I guess we're about to die out

Bonus Question(s):
One of the things on today's "Today Is" list is National Cheddar Fries Day. My Canadian friends will know what I'm talking about when I ask if you have ever had Poutine, or anything similar to it? Is there anywhere in your country where it is served, or would you have to travel far if you wanted some?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutinegotta go a piece for real poutine in the U.S. Or Canada, several variations - without real cheese curds- are nearer by though.

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear?
first to come to mind is wearing blue and sometimes slogans for autism awareness month in April.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2016, 05:16 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,317 times
Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish.
1.) Two aunts in their 80s
2.) Me, four sibs and oh..... Eleven cousins
3.) Sibs and I had eight kids.... Cousins..... nine kids that I can think of.
4.) I have four grandchildren & one sister also has four grandchildren...... Of my cousins, I think only two have grandchildren.

Bonus Question(s):
One of the things on today's "Today Is" list is National Cheddar Fries Day. My Canadian friends will know what I'm talking about when I ask if you have ever had Poutine, or anything similar to it? Is there anywhere in your country where it is served, or would you have to travel far if you wanted some? Vermont borders Canada, so I could have some within a few hours drive. Not something I would order though.

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear? The only thing I can think of is that we, staff & kids, all have school t-shirts. We wear them on field trips; special community days.

Today’s Word:
slithy
Pronunciation: (SLY-thee)
Meaning: adjective: Smooth and active; slimy; slithery.
Etymology: Coined by Lewis Carroll in his 1871 novel Through the Looking-Glass. A blend of slimy + lithe.

Quote of the Day:
"Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons." ~ Jessica Lange ~

Have a good day everyone! Thanks, you too!

Old 04-20-2016, 05:18 AM

126,262 posts, read 19,028,275 times
Mornin' all!

Welcome to another edition of Wednesday's questions! Relax for a moment and think about these Qs.

Today's Question(s):
There are currently five living generations in my (small-ish) family;
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish. as of this morning 2 generations and when more family members arrive then 3 or 4

Bonus Question(s):
I only had it once in Quebec City and for me it is too heavy and yes there are places all over who serve it from Vancouver to Halifax

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear? I support my soccer team or hockey team by wearing the jersey that's all

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1992 All star concert in memory of Freddie Mercury held at Wembley Stadium
Birthday: 1949 Jessica Lange, American actress
Science/Technology: 1973 Canadian ANIK A2 becomes 1st commercial satellite in orbit
Sports: 1996 Chicago Bulls win record 72 games in a season

Today’s Word:
slithy
Etymology: Coined by Lewis Carroll in his 1871 novel Through the Looking-Glass. A blend of slimy + lithe.

Today is:
Chinese Language Day
International Cli-Fi Day
National Pot Smokers Day

Quote of the Day:
"Acceptance and tolerance and forgiveness, those are life-altering lessons." ~ Jessica Lange ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you PatsCats

Old 04-20-2016, 05:27 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,388 times
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish. Three I guess

Bonus Question(s):
One of the things on today's "Today Is" list is National Cheddar Fries Day. My Canadian friends will know what I'm talking about when I ask if you have ever had Poutine, or anything similar to it? Is there anywhere in your country where it is served, or would you have to travel far if you wanted some? YES...USED TO LIVE ACROSS THE BORDER FROM WINDSOR ONTARIO...IT WAS A TREAT. ..

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear? OK..LOOKS LIKE WE ARE THE DORKS OF CITY DATA..WE HAVE JERSEYS WE USED TO WEAR TO NHL AND MLB GAMES...WE ALWAYS DRESSED UP FOR OUR FRIENDS HALLOWEEN PARTIES WHICH WERE SO FUN...AND LATELY THE LITTLE GRANDSONS TEAM SOLD LARGER VERSIONS OF THEIR LITTLE LEAGUE SHIRTS TO MATCH THEIRS SO MY HUSBAND BOUGHT US BOTH ONE....WHICH WE WEAR TO HIS GAMES. ..

THANKS PAT!!!!

Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 AM

7,363 posts, read 5,477,454 times
Welcome to another edition of Wednesday's questions! Relax for a moment and think about these Qs.

Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish.. 4

Bonus Question(s):
No

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear? no

Old 04-20-2016, 08:25 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,146 times
Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
Just three. There's me, my mother and father, and my mother's mother.

Bonus Question(s):
Never even heard of it.

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.
Haven't worn a costume for any events in years. The last time was when I played in the youth soccer league 7 years ago.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:20 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,608 times
Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
How many generations are currently living in your family? List them if you wish. Just three generations (total of six individuals).

One of the things on today's "Today Is" list is National Cheddar Fries Day. My Canadian friends will know what I'm talking about when I ask if you have ever had Poutine, or anything similar to it? Is there anywhere in your country where it is served, or would you have to travel far if you wanted some? Never had them. Would I find them in New Orleans?

Have you ever donned team colors for a sporting event, or a costume for an event that aligns with your interests (reenactments of medieval times, historic battles, comic book convention, etc.)? If so, what was the event, and what did you wear? Team colors for a Green Bay Packer game.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
[quote=PatsCats;43773786]Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals
I only know of my brother and his daughter which he threw away at birth. I've never met her nor have I talked to me brother in over a decade.

Bonus Question(s):

I've never had it but I'm sure I could find it some where in Chicago.

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween. Everyday is Halloween in my mind. Inner child insists

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1992 All star concert in memory of Freddie Mercury held at Wembley Stadium
Birthday: 1949 Jessica Lange, American actress
Science/Technology: 1973 Canadian ANIK A2 becomes 1st commercial satellite in orbit
Sports: 1996 Chicago Bulls win record 72 games in a season

Today’s Word:
slithy

Today is:
Chinese Language Day
International Cli-Fi Day
National Pot Smokers Day

Quote of the Day:
Who wants to live every day with hate in their heart.
Have a good day everyone!

Thanks Pat you too. Well the fish pond is gone and the little dry stream is in it's place. John made the most beautiful little bridge and I had to find a place for it some where in the yard. We're off to look for river rock soon, if I can move. Every inch of my body hurts right now. That was a heck of a huge job hauling all of that dirt.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:35 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,178,984 times
[quote=PatsCats;43773786]
Today's Question(s):
1.) One individual
2.) Five individuals
3.) Three individuals
4.) Three individuals
5.) Three individuals

One, legally (myself), but I have a son who was adopted out and he has three sons and maybe they have children.

In my cousins' families two have seven and eight children apiece, and I totally lose track of how many grandchildren and grtgrands they have between them.

Bonus Question(s):

No

Just for Fun:
It's not Halloween.

Never

Today’s Word:
slithy

Across the street from a friend's apt. in NYC in our neighborhood there used to be a clothing store called Slithy Toves.

Today is:

National Pot Smokers Day...I think that's every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics