U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,957 times

Advertisements

I am a housekeeper holding my first position in this field. It is a live in position. I wonder, what makes a housekeeper a great one? How can I make myself the best housekeeper ever? Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 02:56 PM

24,321 posts, read 16,388,126 times
Probably doing the unexpected! Itís hard work keeping up with all the details for a housekeeper but little things that can go unnoticed might help separate the better from the average housekeeper. Look at doing things others would miss or not think about. One of the items that come to mind are doorframes ~ no one ever dusts the top of them.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,957 times
Thank you for the suggestions. I want to become invisibly indispensable!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,899,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgirl30 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I want to become invisibly indispensable!
Sounds so wonderful! Wish I could afford ya!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM

9,256 posts, read 7,958,496 times
I have been in your postition. Clients told me that things like cleaning the inside of the microwave, cleaning ceiling fans and changing lightbulbs for them was a pleasant surprise. I also made sure that fresh trash bags went into every empty trash can.

(a trick I learned from working at Best Western was to fold the end piece of toilet paper into a point. This only works if the roll dispenses tp from the top. ~If you really want to go over the top)

Also essential is to use Febreeze on the fabrics. These things and others made my clients feel as though they were getting the most for their money. I even had a client that was letting friends use their vacation home and wanted it cleaned. They had left a note for their friends that the towels hadn't dried before they left, so they were still in the dryer. I took it upon myself to fold the towels and place them on the linen shelf. My client was happy that I had gone so far. Good Luck!!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM

16,487 posts, read 12,011,044 times
To me the best housekeeper would be one that arrived on time, cleaned quickly but VERY efficiently, was bonded, and VERY honest. I don't want to worry about someone hurting themself while in my home, stealing anything or breaking anything. I want them to treat my treasures like they are theirs. I want them to be kind to my children and respectful of my husband and myself. I would prefer they didn't smoke at all but if they did it would be outside. If they have to quit give at least 2 weeks notice.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,480,058 times
Think of some trademark to represent yourself. My daughter was thinking of starting a maid service business and her trademark was to be a small container of fresh daisies. She was going to call it Daisy Maids.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Think of some trademark to represent yourself. My daughter was thinking of starting a maid service business and her trademark was to be a small container of fresh daisies. She was going to call it Daisy Maids.
You might want to remove your post before it's too late. Somehow I think your daughter wouldn't appreciate her idea out in the open if she's still planning on this business.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:12 PM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,480,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You might want to remove your post before it's too late. Somehow I think your daughter wouldn't appreciate her idea out in the open if she's still planning on this business.
Her first degree was marketing, she will soon be a nurse. Thanks, though. This idea was a between jobs thing. I am sure she would not mind someone else benefiting from her imagination.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Her first degree was marketing, she will soon be a nurse. Thanks, though. This idea was a between jobs thing. I am sure she would not mind someone else benefiting from her imagination.
If the idea is totally out of the window, then it's fine. It sounded like it may still be in the works. Sometimes Moms disclose too much info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics