Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM

54,492 posts, read 33,854,424 times

Advertisements

And oh.. Karla, you should probably add the "Priciest" Valentines to your list. I met a gal once, and I asked her for a date on Valentines, but she turned out to be an undercover police officer!

Sorry, I had to throw that in there, I'm only joking of course. But I did have the priciest Valentines one time in 2001, I bought the gal I was dating back then a nice ring ($1,200) and of course the chocolate, roses, and a dinner, which all seem to magically go up in price about 100% on Valentines Day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,119,992 times
[quote=Karla with a K;2823496]Good morning Happy Valentine's Day to everyone
I had a great surprise this morning, along with a big box of creme filled chocolates, my hubby surprised me by taking the day off. Well that was very accommodating of him I must say

What was your best,funniest or craziest Valentines Day ever?

Heck you can even list all 3

Extra special rep credit for "cheesiest"
Funniest was when I filled the BR with heart balloons and the cat broken them in record time.
Craziest was when my Wife had such a bad cold that all she could do was sneeze and cough.
Best was today...my poem made her cry (tears of joy).

February 14,2000 My dear hubby & I celebrated our 1st Valentine Day. We were married 3 years later ...HAPPY EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,251 times
In 1986, dh semi-proposed (not enough nerve to actually "pop the question") at a place called Inspiration Point. (The whole thing was SO cliched!) He had semi-proposed three months earlier, but since he didn't actually ask me to marry him, I never gave him an answer. On Valentine's Day, I still didn't give him an answer; however, since I wasn't sure there'd be a third chance, I started planning the wedding. The day before our wedding, he took me for a walk after the rehearsal with the intent of asking me to marry him, but HE FORGOT! Lucky for him, I can overlook little details!

The sweetest Valentine's Day I experienced was probably about seven years ago. One of dh's co-workers (and a very good family friend) heard I'd had a downer of a day. Since he didn't think anyone should be depressed on Valentine's Day, he gave dh a fried berry pie (think Hostess or Little Debby's) to present to me when he got home. I knew how much this man treasured those pies; he had them shipped in special from back East. So I was honored he shared one of his special pies with me.

The most exciting Valentine's Days were probably those during school days when pawing through Valentines and realizing the cutest boy in class had secretly managed to slip his most special valentine in MY decorated bag!

Cheesiest??? Well, I do make a heart shaped cheesecake every year, covered with cherries. Does that count?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,154,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
And oh.. Karla, you should probably add the "Priciest" Valentines to your list. I met a gal once, and I asked her for a date on Valentines, but she turned out to be an undercover police officer!

Sorry, I had to throw that in there, I'm only joking of course. But I did have the priciest Valentines one time in 2001, I bought the gal I was dating back then a nice ring ($1,200) and of course the chocolate, roses, and a dinner, which all seem to magically go up in price about 100% on Valentines Day..
MM how do you manage to stay single?????

Old 02-14-2008, 11:40 AM

oh what cute stories. I'll have to think of something. :-)

Old 02-14-2008, 11:41 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,181,872 times
[quote=Karla with a K;2824906]rofl mike
I am in rep jail so as soon as I bail myself out [quote]

LOL...this seems to be me lately too, behind rep bars.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
MM how do you manage to stay single?????
MM keeps guns and ammo around the house, hikes some of the toughest mountains trails in the Phx Mtn Preserves and enjoys the desert offroading. He hasn’t any time for women who want to domesticate him. You gott’a enjoy Mike for who he is, but not remake him. One of the best catch bachelors left ~ he’s like a protected bird or animal, and all the gals need to leave him alone. However someone has to teach him to keep his fly up while attending important meetings at the office, he always gets noticed but for the wrong reasons.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
MM keeps guns and ammo around the house, hikes some of the toughest mountains trails in the Phx Mtn Preserves and enjoys the desert offroading. He hasn’t any time for women who want to domesticate him. You gott’a enjoy Mike for who he is, but not remake him. One of the best catch bachelors left ~ he’s like a protected bird or animal, and all the gals need to leave him alone. However someone has to teach him to keep his fly up while attending important meetings at the office, he always gets noticed but for the wrong reasons.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM

336 posts, read 844,380 times
Hi Karla,Just wandered over here from..Many years ago,6th grade elementary,the students had to give each member of the class a Valentine's Day card. One boy, made it his day's work to tease me from the moment he laid eyes on me until the end of the school day. This boy,I thought, shouldn't and wouldn't care if I gave him a Valentine so I excluded him from my card giving.Well, as soon as he realized he had not received one from me, he went right to the teacher.She asked if I had forgot him, "No, it was intentional," I declared."Ok," she said,"write on the board 10 times,I love Mikey and Happy Valentine's Day"...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,597 times
OK... dumb question I'm sure. What does DH stand for?? I'm coming up with a couple, but I seriously doubt they're even close (most are actually kinda mean).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics