Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 07:01 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Within recent memory, have you updated or upgraded a piece of technology you use (hardware, software, etc.)? I finally caved and bought a smart phone / Android last November. That's my most recent upgrade. I'm still learning how to use it!
If so, did it take time to learn how it worked and/or how to customize the settings? LOL - yep! Still have much to learn. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the Internet on the phone when I'm at home. It works fine away from home but I can't connect to the 'net in my house.
Is there a particular reason you made the switch, changed to the new thing/method/interface? The most important reason was so that I could deposit my weekly paychecks to my bank account, using the phone. It works great.

Extra Credit:
Does your home mailbox (if you have one) have a label w/house or apt. number on it? My mailbox is attached to my house, at the edge of my front porch. There's nothing on the box, but my house number is prominent, just above the box.
Does your home have a doorbell/buzzer or a door-knocker? doorbell
Do delivery people ever come to your door, looking for a nearby address (same street or building)? Yep. I sometimes get deliveries by mistake which belong to the house next door. My house number is 123 (example) and the next house's number is 123 1/2. There are a bunch of houses with half numbers in the old part of my town, and I have no idea why they ever assigned such numbers. It's a real pain in the butt. Even pizza deliveries come here by mistake sometimes. Apparently, GPS devices do not recognize 1/2 addresses.

Bonus: Do you prefer a digital or analog clock face/display/timekeeper? I like a digital clock in my bedroom and prefer analog clocks for other rooms and for my wristwatch.
Do you lose track of time, do you check the time often, or are you in-between? It depends what I'm doing. At work, I often lose track of time. At other places, I check my watch frequently, usually for no specific reason.
Are you more likely to be early, late, or right-on-time for a scheduled event? A bit early.
Name something-other than time or money-that you count: My weight on the bathroom scale.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever worn “thigh-high” boots or “hip-waders”? Yep. When I was a little girl, my dad put me in his waders once. I must have looked hilarious! Wish I had a photo of that.
Do you know how to tie a fishing fly/lure? I don't remember how, but I watched my dad tie flies when I was growing up.
Today’s Word:
extant /ˈekstənt,ekˈstant/ (adj.): Currently existing, still in existence, remaining.

Today Is:
Liberation Day (Channel Islands) I'll have to Google Channel Islands.
and the start to
Spring Astronomy Week I love to watch the sky. Unfortunately, it's been overcast here so much lately that I haven't seen much of anything in he sky except huge expanses of grey clouds.
National Stuttering Awareness Week I've never known anyone who had a serious stutter. It must be a heavy burden to bear.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-09-2016 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics