Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:34 PM

7,334 posts, read 2,742,485 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you? Only if I could wash the first floor windows. I have no desire to be at those heights anymore. I used to rappel off cliffs....but that was many, many years ago.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day: Sheer terror and all that comes with it.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth on your eating table:
-Daily? Nope
-Only on special occasions? This
-Never?

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home? No

Extra:
Do you smile often, seldom, or never? Often. It doesn't cost a thing.

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not? Yes

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler? Not happy with my teeth, but they are the only ones I've got.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread? Cornbread with lots of butter

Gravy, yea or nay?

Have you ever made your own gravy? Always

Last one:

If you "have to" choose one, who would you rather see in concert, Reba or Alabama?
This is a tough one. I really enjoy both of them. Can I have tickets for both???

Thanks for the questions bjh. Happy weekend to all and remember our service members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 02:45 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,603,681 times
oday's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you? No possible way in the universe.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day: I would lose my mind and plummet to the earth taking my fellow crew members along with me.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth on your eating table: Yes. To be accurate: a tablecloth is on my nice table, but I don't usually eat at the table.
-Daily? Y
-Only on special occasions?
-Never?

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home? Y. Would you like to know the history of the red check? I could bore you to death. In short, the red check was historically the interim tablecloth - on to prevent dust and grime between meals, but removed and replaced with a better cloth for a set table. Although I know that changed with period and place.

Extra:
Do you smile often, seldom, or never?

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not? People do comment on my "frowning" - I have RBF when I squint in concentration or in the sun.

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler? I want to say that I don't care, but I do wish my teeth looked nicer. But that doesn't affect my smiling.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread?

Gravy, yea or nay?

Have you ever made your own gravy?
yea

Last one:

If you "have to" choose one, who would you rather see in concert, Reba or Alabama? Oh man, I do NOT like Modern country music at all. But I would imagine the fellow audience members at a Reba concert would be less rowdy, which I would prefer.

Thanks for the questions! Tell it to stop raining and encouraging the mosquito and bat populations.

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 05-28-2016 at 02:59 PM..

Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
Today's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you?

Maybe.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day:

That it would be scary and exciting.

Bonus:
-Daily?
-Never?

Sometimes.

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home?

Not really.

Extra:

If I'm happy or want to laugh about something, of course, but not I'm not the type to go around with a slap-happy grin on my face for no reason.

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not?

Sometimes if I have a funny thought I'll try to restrain a laugh and it will come out a smile which I try to hide because I don't want to have to explain why I'm trying not to laugh. Sometimes I don't want anyone to know what I'm laughing (on the inside) about.

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler?

Sure. But if they were 100% perfect I probably wouldn't smile any more than I do now because it causes wrinkles. Sometimes I'm vain.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread?

Either, both or neither. Whatever I'm in the mood for. Or not.

Gravy, yea or nay?

Have you ever made your own gravy?

No to both.

Last one:
[b]
If you "have to" choose one, who would you rather see in concert, Reba or Alabama?

I've actually gone to a Reba concert with my mom before. Neither of us are really country fans but she does like Reba. It wasn't bad. I watched her TV show when it was on.

Last edited by KimFreebish; 05-28-2016 at 04:13 PM..

Old 05-28-2016, 04:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Today's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you? Not unless the pay was extremely good and they paid for my travel because I'm a looong way from any skyscrapers.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day: It would be a long day.

Bonus:
-Daily?
-Never?

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home? Not that I remember.

Extra:

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not?
Not that I remember.

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler? No but I would smile just as much.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread?

Gravy, yea or nay?

Have you ever made your own gravy? Yea.

Last one:

If you "have to" choose one, who would you rather see in concert, Reba or Alabama? Probably Alabama as long as the concert wasn't too long. I'm not much on standing on my feet these days.

Happy Memorial Weekend folks.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:40 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
Today's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you? um No. Just No.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day: I would have wet britches when I came off the scaffold thingy

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth on your eating table: Sometimes
-Daily?
-Only on special occasions? Christmas or Thanksgiving
-Never?

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home? Nope

Extra:
Do you smile often, seldom, or never? Often

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not? Yes

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler? Very happy. The one that was messed up (childhood accident) got busted out by a softball and have a bridge now. I'm happy with them.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread? Oh tough one.... Rolls I think. Warm out of the oven and butter melting when you spread it on them.... Great now I want fresh warm rolls. Thanks a lot.

Gravy, yea or nay? Yes please! Mmmmmmm Soak up the gravy with those rolls.... Dammit. I now want gravy AND rolls.

Have you ever made your own gravy? Is there any other kind? Yes I do.

Last one:
If you "have to" choose one, who would you rather see in concert, Reba or Alabama? Probably Reba

Today Includes:
International Jazz Day
Hamburger Day
Sierra Club Day

Today's Funny Quote:
"Some people say you only need love to live. Those people may want to read up on oxygen."

Today’s Word:
miffed [mift] adjective
put into an irritable mood, especially by an offending incident

Happy Saturday! Have a great weekend!

Old 05-29-2016, 06:55 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Today's Question:
If you could join a skyscraper window cleaning crew for a day, would you? I would. Sounds like fun.

Tell us at least one thing you imagine about such a day:
Not saying I wouldn't be nervous, but the view must be great. I'd take a picture or two, if possible. I hadn't thought of being able to see inside. Or what if the glass was reflective - they could see you, but you couldn't see them. Better watch where you scratch. TMI?

Bonus:
-Daily?
-Only on special occasions? This one and placemats daily. The table has a beautiful finish. Why not enjoy it?
-Never?

Many restaurants have a red-check table cloth, have you ever used a similar tablecloth at home? Occurred to me, didn't think I'd seen red-check clothes in homes, but as many pointed out, have seen them on picnic tables. Red is supposed to make you hungry, so makes sense restaurants lean towards red.

Extra:
Do you smile often, seldom, or never? Seldom, unless laughing about something or talking. And I'm a happy camper 95+% of the time.

Has anyone ever commented on your smiling or not? No, but I've heard women can get hassled about this kind of thing. Really what I was wondering.

Are you happy with the way your teeth look or would some work make you a more frequent smiler? I'm happy.

Foodie Qs:
Rolls or cornbread? Always rolls! I'll eat cornbread if it's the only choice.

Gravy, yea or nay? Yea, if it's brown or giblet and I feel like it.

Have you ever made your own gravy? Natural gravy with no additives.

Last one:

Don't consider myself a big country fan, but I do like some of them. I like both of these. But I'd go see Reba. Maybe she has more crossover appeal.

Have a great Sunday! Now off to find the Sunday Qs by wit-nit.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:51 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
We were happy to see a great mix of young and old enjoying Country and Southern Rock Legends Alabama!

Quote:
With over thirty #1 records on the Billboard charts, and over 75 million records sold they are undoubtedly one of the world’s bestselling bands of all time.
https://www.shrp.com/events/detail/5...ston-race-park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_%28band%29
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics