Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:11 AM

19,451 posts, read 9,480,444 times

Advertisements

~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title!
99 Luftballoons by Nena

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having!
Luxurious? Um, tasty maybe..... Salmon with lemon basil sauce and basmati rice

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy.
Alexia brand - garlic and olive oil ciabatta and others

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever?
Far be it for me to deny other people their pleasures, but I'm not too keen on stuff like anchovies, or caviar, or... [they can be far from me but others can bring 'em back if they so desire].

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay!
Went to an Air and Space Museum and saw 3D Imax for 'Earth - A Beautiful Planet'

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman?
Spanky? No, Buckwheat.

~ You must list 3 *authors*!
Ken Follett
Maeve Binchy
Stephen King

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*....
Twix (oh, wait.. I guess that's not really a food?); TACOS (had some last night for dinner); raw veggies (Hidden Valley Ranch dip or peanut butter)

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat?
Guess it depends on what we are hungry for? I like Mexican style restaurants, also like steak places, and seafood places.

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like.
We could definitely go for a replacement light fixture in the kitchen.

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*? Here? Oh,.. no... now, I remember. It was a saying on a bumper sticker that goes something like this: "My parents said I could be anything I want to be. I chose to be an a**hole" . Yeah, that'll fix them.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. **** Oh, I like those recliner chairs too. Is it a swivel too? Comfort comes first

Thanks for QOTD. Enjoy your weekend!!!! Hoping weather brings at least some sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 01:39 PM

7,987 posts, read 5,364,550 times
99 Red Balloons

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having! My homemade Maryland crab cakes

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy. The Spanish bread at Columbia Restaurant in St Augustine, Florida

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever? All chocolate so it won't tempt me.

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay! "Cliff Walk" in Newport, Rhode Island

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wayne Dyer
Sidney Sheldon

Cashews
Celery
Pretzels

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat? Homemade Soup

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like.

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*?
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza,
There's a hole.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. ****[/quote] Yes, I would rather have a free recliner chair--an outdoor one! Thanks!

Have a zippity do da evening!

Old 06-03-2016, 03:57 PM

27,303 posts, read 27,352,953 times
Recommend a bread, corn bread and honey butter.
Crunch....Capn Crunch cereal, Salt Vinegar chips and chocolate covered peanuts.
Driving along any highway, I love truck stop food.
Thanks for the questions, have a good weekend!

Old 06-03-2016, 03:59 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,868,466 times
~ Uh oh - now you need to name a song that has a number in its title! Eight Days a Week

~ *It* must be the most luxurious meal you can remember having! Luxurious... hm. Probably one at Pickity.

~ Please recommend a *bread* that you really enjoy. Ciabatta with herbs

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever? Lima beans..... Liverwurst..... tripe

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay! I love Saint Gaudens National Park, especially on Sundays during the summer. Live music, people picnicing, hiking..... walking through the grounds. I sit under a tree, listen to the music, read and sip on wine.

~ Buckwheat or Spanky or Pee Wee Herman? Not Pee Wee

~ You must list 3 *authors*! Shel Silverstein, EB White, Roald Dahl

~ Now...a food or three that you like that has at least a little *crunch*.... Biscotti, celery, apples

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat? Small cafe with a patio, so we can eat and continue to look at the view

~ This week you get a free light fixture or lamp! Please let me know what kind to send you...and what it should look like. Just saw a blown glass lamp at Simon Pearce. Even on sale it was too much for me, so thanks, roosty!

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*? In the field. Some critter must live down there.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. **** No, thanks. I'm still thinking about that lamp.

Happy weekend, all!

Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 PM

38,780 posts, read 22,768,722 times
"25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago.

Eggs Benedict with blueberry scones and sliced breakfast potatoes at an upscale hotel restaurant.

Freshly-baked French bread from my local Albertsons.

~ What *foods* would you like to load into the spaceship so that they can be ejected into space so that they can be far away forever?
Oysters, clams, lobster, calamari and all the fish in the sea.

~ Is there a *tourist attraction* that you liked visiting? Don't just answer yes or no, you cluck! Tell us all what attraction you've been to that was pretty okay!
Texas state capitol in Austin.

Pee Wee Herman.

A.A. Milne
Dr. Seuss
John Grisham

Asian pears
Corn chips
Granola

~ We're driving along a nice, safe and scenic highway but we're getting hungry! What do you hope they have at the next exit so that we can get something to eat?
Big, juicy burger and fries, as well as a chocolate milk shake.

Desk lamp from IKEA, like this one:

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*
?
On a local street (manhole cover was off and work was being done).

I hope you all had a FUN-tastic Friday.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:20 AM

16,901 posts, read 16,076,433 times
Happy Saturday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

19th Nervous Breakdown ~ The Rolling Stones

When I cooked for 6 guests, years ago. I made a Louisiana seafood boil (big) and a big roast beef with roasted potatoes and Yorkshire pudding with a Bananas Foster (flaming) for dessert.
All that and a few other dishes. They were overwhelmed.
(yes, 'seafood'...I substituted shrimp for the crawdads because the majority of folks are squeamish about the little buggers. I love them. )
I even had stone crab claws in it. )

Jewish rye with caraway seeds! Yayyy! Now I want a roast beef sandwich with mayo, salt & pepper!

Olives, rice pudding, baked beans, sauerkraut, beets, tofu, kefir...there are more but I cannot think of them.

Butterfly World in south Florida and Kennedy Space Center (NASA) in central Florida. Both are terrific!

Pee Wee Herman! He has a NEW movie out, just released in the last month or two!

William Blatty, L. Frank Baum, Roger Conant, Ray Bradbury...there, you got 4!

Crunchy beef tacos, Cheese Doodles, Italian bread toast with butter, those Chinese noodles that they give you, I guess for your soup.

Krystal Burgers, Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonald's, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell and Arby's!

Oooo! I want and need a good pole lamp!

~ *Think!* Where did you last see a *hole*?

In my kitchen screen door.

**** Thank you for attending these Fryday Fill-Ins and delicious merriment and comfort to you all! If you would rather receive the free recliner chair instead of the light thingy then let me know now, please. ****
Crap...I really want the recliner AND the lamp! I guess I should go with the recliner in a nice cozy material with big puffy arms...I'll order my pole lamp online...that way I save money.
Thank you, to the elite little group of Fryday Fill-Ins members! Your answers are spectacularly unique - "in the most de-light-ful wayyyy-ayy-ay!"

Mary Poppins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics