Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:49 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:
Have you or yours rescued a critter in any way, including adoption, or
do you remember hearing of someone helping an animal, even if it was
something memorable you saw on TV? Yep.
-
If so, can you tell us briefly what happened? Lots of TV shows these days about animal rescues. Glad to see it because humans cause so much destruction. For instance, I remember a TV show where they brought in a helicopter to rescue a horse that was stuck somewhere. So glad people sometimes can and do go the extra mile to help
creatures we share this world with.

Doggy Questions:
Where was the last place you saw a dog that's not yours? Saw a woman and 2 kids walking their dog recently.

Imagine you met someone and know they or their close family member has the same name as your dog.
Your dog is there and they ask you the dog's name. How would you feel telling them? I would feel a little weird about it.

Fantasy time. What kind of dog would you want to be? German shepherd type. *woof*

Bonus:
Do you own any handmade wooden item(s)? A few. For instance, some carvings a family member got at a craft fair.

Do you personally know who made the item(s)? Not in that case.

Foodie Questions:
Pickled eggs, okra, watermelon rind, etc.
What pickled foods, other than traditional cucumber pickles, have you tried?
Watermelon rinds - too sweet to me. Green tomatoes are really good!

Have you or yours ever made pickled foods at home? Previous generations have.

Just for fun:
The year 2016 is half over and I still haven't _organized some things I'd like to get rid of ___

But I did__get some things done __

Before 2017 gets here I hope/plan to _do better. No really. I'm gonna start this weekend. _____

Sorry, my answers on the above are lame. It's late. I'm tired. That's my excuse.
Many of your answers were much better.

Have a great holiday weekend, if you're observing the 4th. Don't hold on to any lit firecrackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I got off of my lazy posterior and did a quick downsize of the said turtle that was lost in a residential neighborhood. This is a FL softshell. Large ones get up to the size of an old fashioned wash tub.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Smoker View Post
I got off of my lazy posterior and did a quick downsize of the said turtle that was lost in a residential neighborhood. This is a FL softshell. Large ones get up to the size of an old fashioned wash tub.
I never have seen one of those thank you for posting this picture

Old 07-01-2016, 01:04 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Smoker View Post

Photos 1 and 3 in this article are the kind I see the most: Tennessee bans pet turtles | Examiner.com

The one I saw had a thick coat of algae on its shell. It almost looked like a green coconut husk.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:18 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
FYI: FL soft shell when threaten they spew.. from front and rear a foul smelling liquid...

Old 07-01-2016, 06:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Their neck is also long enough to reach behind their shell.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Had to share this story:

The Story Of Jake The Fire Dog - 9GAG

It looks like you'll have to copy the link to access the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics