U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:45 PM

8,002 posts, read 13,288,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Oh, good God no... My way of ironing is to throw it in the dryer on the refresh setting for a few minutes. If it's still wrinkled, I don't wear it.
Yep, what MD said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,774,829 times
I honestly cannot remember the last time I used an iron!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM

2,376 posts, read 1,660,848 times
The ironing board scares me & I always manage to burn myself. Most of our clothes are no-iron required & removed promptly from the dryer. Um, and if there's a delay in promptly, well then a little spray of water & an extra 10 minutes never hurt any of our garments yet. However, many items have been severely damaged by me using an iron.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:56 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,993,692 times
Just thinking about all of this {{{{{shudder}}}}}. Remember my mother sprinkling clothes with water from a soda bottle, rolling the clothes up, and, if she couldn't finish the irunning thing, she would put the clothes in the refrigerator until she could irunning them later.

And have a large piece of some type of smooth cloth, maybe linen?, for pressing (irunning) over delicate lace and such. Dad's work pants were put on 'pants stretchers'. So very little irunning had to be done to them. And all handkerchiefs, irunned just so. Oh, yes, those were the daze, my friends.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:30 PM

526 posts, read 851,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Actually, I do like to iron. For some reason, it relaxes me.

I know, I'm http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/nuts.gif (broken link)
Looks like you and I are the only ones that enjoy ironing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Just thinking about all of this {{{{{shudder}}}}}. Remember my mother sprinkling clothes with water from a soda bottle, rolling the clothes up, and, if she couldn't finish the irunning thing, she would put the clothes in the refrigerator until she could irunning them later.

And have a large piece of some type of smooth cloth, maybe linen?, for pressing (irunning) over delicate lace and such. Dad's work pants were put on 'pants stretchers'. So very little irunning had to be done to them. And all handkerchiefs, irunned just so. Oh, yes, those were the daze, my friends.
I remember those sprinkler bottles, there was a cork thingy with a metal top with holes in it and it would go into a "pop" bottle . When I got old enough it was my job to do the ironing. I keep looking for one of those sprinkler top things and can't find em.........

Old 02-18-2008, 05:46 PM

17,990 posts, read 17,756,121 times
Heck~no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:56 PM

1,223 posts, read 3,467,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Iron? Not me. It has been a good 15 years since I had an iron in my hand, and that was autumn in PA and I was ironing leaves.

Now my grandmother would iron EVERYTHING. Spritz 'o sizing and hankies, boxers, sheets, everything got ironed. *shudders*
Okay, a little off topic... but how gross was it that people would (hope I don't offend anyone that might still) carry around hankies with them to use and stuff back in their pockets throughout the day. I remember my dad used to have one at all times when I was a kid. It grossed me out then too - big old blowin' of the nose and jammed back in a pocket. ICK!!

Carry on.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:18 PM

20,505 posts, read 6,217,420 times
There is nothing I hate more than ironing.........

Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM

56,132 posts, read 12,051,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
There is nothing I hate more than ironing.........
I'll just throw the clothes out
All the clothes are non iron. Can't wash the suits,so I take it to the cleaners. they can iron them

Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM

17,834 posts, read 21,699,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
And have a large piece of some type of smooth cloth, maybe linen?, for pressing (irunning) over delicate lace and such.
this is scary but I know what they are called
a pressing cloth

not that I have ever used one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics