Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,644 times

Advertisements

LOL...I've yet to have the Home Depot experience so I'll take your word for it Karla...

I do iron, both my clothes and DH. He's tried a few times to do this but seems to lose patience with the iron. Go figure? I, however, do not like the chore but I do it. I'd rather not be wrinkled and sometimes I can't find ways for my laundered clothes to come out non-wrinkly. Plus...there's this old saying I heard about husbands: what they wear is a reflection of their wives...well, I want my hubby to look nice 9 times out of 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 06:31 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
I have decided that Home Depot is a "dangerous" store
We stopped in yesterday after breakfast so I could pick up some chicken wire.
Now this is a brand new store so I had to wander around looking for the above mentioned CW...un huh
Well I saw this really nice patio set that would look great on our screen porch
Hubby dragged me from them and off again in search of the CW
Then we passed the appliance dept uh oh lol
There sat the coolest looking front loading LG washer & dryer in blue!!
I just had to take a closer look mind you hubby kept walking
When the salesman said "it has a steam feature to get out wrinkles"
Alas, I wasn't so lucky...Wife saw the LG and kept pulling me back...so now we are the proud parents of an LG washer/dryer...$$$. Oh well, it compliments the LG LCD HDTV she wanted 6 months ago...$$$ again

Do you iron ? Yeah, right!!!

Oh yeah I managed to stop at the only HD in town that doesn't carry Chicken Wire now Karla, why do I think you already knew that????
So guess where I am headed today...Lowe's???
might have to take another "look see" at the above mentioned items

Word of the day:
winsome \WIN-suhm\, adjective:
1. Cheerful; merry; gay; light-hearted.
2. Causing joy or pleasure; agreeable; pleasant...yeah, like LG salesmen

Today is National Drink Wine Day...chianti for me please

Keep em coming Karla..bet this thread is the most unique in all of C-D...maybe the universe?....

No beach today...just lots and lots of rain.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Todays question :

Do you iron ?

Yes, I don't mind ironing as long as I can do it infront of the TV and that's most often in the evening while hubby is on the sofa

I always wait till I have one or two baskets full so as not to drag all the stuff out for only one t-shirt. I even iron all the clothes from DS and they are really tiny

Old 02-18-2008, 07:03 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
Nope, I threw out my iron several years ago.

This reminds me when I DID have an iron, and I bought a white shirt for my son and told him we'd have to iron it. He looked at me in disbelief and said "we have an iron"??!!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,491,088 times
Iron?? You mean the element? Because if you mean that machine- barely, ever do it. And I mean, maybe 1ce every 3 months, and usually I make hubby do it. I don't know why, it's not like it's hard...

Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
I used to like to iron when I was little but that must have been because I wasn't allowed to do it after I put my thumb on the hot bottom and it blew up (the thumb).

I have 2 irons! Both are not reachable. I have a ironing board. I even bought a nice new cover for it not long ago because the previous one was looking kind of yellowish and ugly.

I try not to buy anything that needs ironing. I take my clothes out of the dryer as soon as it stops and hang it up real quick. If any wrinkles a bit in the meantime, it gets dried again.

I have one short sleeve cotton white blouse that I like very much. It irons fairly easily but I can't do it right. One day I took it to the cleaners. $8.00 later, wore it once, back in the hamper, washed it. It's been hanging in the laundry room probably over a year. Every once in a while I wash it again to get the dust off it. :-)

Oh Karla........aren't those washers and dryers beautiful? We saw them in Sears the other day. Too bad I have to get a new central A/C. It's being done this weekend.

Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco.........are the killers for me. I don't care about clothes and shoes that much so those stores are safe.

Last edited by vpcats; 02-18-2008 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: add info

Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
I absolutely cannot stand ironing and thankfully only have to do it every once in awhile.
My husband, thanks to the Navy, is way better at it than I am(I always manage to double crease his pants)so he does his own ironing.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Not really. Most of the clothes we have are wrinkle free material. But there are times when stuff is beyond wrinkly so I am the lucky one to iron. I remember growing up my Grandma ironed everything. I am definately not that kind of gal.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,535 times
Oh, good God no... My way of ironing is to throw it in the dryer on the refresh setting for a few minutes. If it's still wrinkled, I don't wear it.

I think the only thing I've used the iron for was to stitch witchery our curtains... oh, wait, my husband did that.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:16 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
I have two skirts that I could not get the wrinkles out, after multiple washes and drying, so I took them to the dry cleaners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics