Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 10:50 AM

4,039 posts, read 2,898,340 times

Advertisements

1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? Some time in the last year or two I think, but I can't remember where!

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN? Many years ago, I did something like this. It was a car rally and we had to find specific items or note locations as we made our way to the final gathering point. It was fun!

3. Rocky Mountain High

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? Only had them once, but I liked them!

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie? I haven't, but I always read them.

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk? Nothing nearby that I'm aware of. And no, didn't do any trunk smuggling.

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? I keep up with the news but sometimes wish I didn't!

8. What was the last card game you played? Texas Hold 'Em.

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? I don't.

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " It would be a double lie if I did, since I don't have a dog!

11. Medicine man

Thanks Linda and happy day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 11:38 AM

2,769 posts, read 403,469 times
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? Couldn't tell you. Ewwww!

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN? Scavenger hunts yes!

3. Rocky___________Raccoon

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? No

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie? Yes

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk? None left here. Yes- we smuggled. Also crawled under the fence.

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? Yes I watch. Just don't know why.

8. What was the last card game you played? Rummy

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? Yes the cabin at the river.

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " Probably but I can remember.

11. __Rain_________ man

Old 07-12-2016, 11:39 AM

576 posts, read 420,427 times
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? probably a year ago

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN? never been on one

3. Rocky Road

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? yes

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie? no

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk? There is only one in Dublin that I'm aware of and its not that close to me, never been to it

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? I watch it occasionally

8. What was the last card game you played? probably poker

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? no, plenty of cats around my area never had a problem with them

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " yes, it was the dog...

11. soul man

Thanks for the questions Linda, hope you all having a good day

Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM

44,575 posts, read 61,368,280 times
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? Eons ago, I carry my own water.

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? In school years ago.
If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN?

3. Rocky Mountain Oysters

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes?

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie?

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? I hear there is.
Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk?

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? News junkie here.

8. What was the last card game you played? Poker.

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? No

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " Dog-gone-it no! No dog here to blame.

11. Handy man

Dessert of the Day...
Sex in a Pan - Jo Cooks Sounds kinky.
If your love life is a mess, at least we have THIS to look forward too...Hopefully a non-stick pan.

Linda

Old 07-12-2016, 01:29 PM

7,985 posts, read 5,352,945 times
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? It has been decades...

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt?
If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN?

3. Rocky Mountains

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? They are okay

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you?
Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk? My worst date was at a drive-in

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? Normally yes--this past weekend I choose to not watch it.

8. What was the last card game you played? 500 Rummy (I assume Cards Against Humanity does not count!)

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now?

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? "

11. Cameraman

Best answer from last week was from oeccscclhjhn:

Wishing you a spankin' great evening!

Old 07-12-2016, 01:58 PM

18,761 posts, read 11,742,800 times
[quote=linda814;44727650]I am still recovering from the festivities last week...Can you have too much fun? I did! !!
Glad to hear it. We had an awesome 4th too.
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain?
Every week at roller skating.
2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN?
I've never been on one but yes I help kids when they knock on our door. I do one at Easter every year for the girls. The one who finds the golden egg has to find the money hidden in the house. It was right under the pillow where they slept last Easter. The last clue was hidden under a bunny that had to be gifted to a good home before the money could be collected.
3. Rocky__Road_________

I've only had them once and that was enough.
Yes. They were from my teenage years and they were all about being successful. I still have them in a scrap book. I just had some fortune cookies with my tea and since you're supposed to say in bed after reading them, I have one that I will show John later
6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk?
Yes. We still go to the one I first went to before I could drive. We had people in the trunk and hidden under blankets. The movie was Mash. I still remember it every time John and I go.
7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch?
I'm a news junkie.
8. What was the last card game you played?
Uno

Yes. Easy enough to do when you have a dog named Joe Joe Nightmare.
11. _The__________ man

Dessert of the Day...
Sex in a Pan - Jo Cooks
If your love life is a mess, at least we have THIS to look forward too...

Best answer from last week was from oeccscclhjhn:

Have a great week everybody. ..going on a short little two day get away to Sevierville and environs today to see a couple AA Tennessee Smokies baseball games and putz around! !

Thanks Linda

John woke me up at 1230. I was out on my bike until nearly 3am after swimming and a movie at Lucille's. I think I finally fell asleep around 5am. Working the night shift is still rearing it's ugly head, but it was so fun and still 76 degrees. Super bug is not happy with all of this sweating and trying to make a come back.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes? LOL. Yes I know who.

Last edited by animalcrazy; 07-12-2016 at 02:13 PM..

Old 07-12-2016, 02:14 PM

7,316 posts, read 2,732,021 times
1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? Several months ago

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? When I was a kid If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN?

3. Rocky__Road_________

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? Never had them

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie? Yep

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Yes, about 5 miles away from me. Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk? I was the one smuggled in to see Midnight Cowboy. I wasn't in the trunk though...just in the back with a blanket over me.

7. Do you keep up with the news or refuse to watch? I keep up with it

8. What was the last card game you played? Solitaire

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? Nope

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " Yep

11. __Ramblin' __ man

Thanks Linda. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Last edited by I Am Woman; 07-12-2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 PM

903 posts, read 579,497 times
Sunday

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN?
I have been on one and helped people

3. Rocky___________
Balboa

TBD

When I was younger

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? Did you ever go when you were younger and smuggle people in the trunk?
There is one about 40 mins away. I never smuggled people. Have not been to the one near us. Went to one years and years and years ago. :O)

Keep up

Rumolli (spelling?)

No

Yes, especially farts. :O)

11. ___________ man
He-

Have a beautiful day.
cd :O)

Old 07-12-2016, 04:28 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,557,278 times
I am still recovering from the festivities last week...Can you have too much fun? No I did! !! Yay!

1. When was the last time you used a public drinking fountain? Hmmmmm. Maybe at the library? Can't remember.

2. Have you ever gone on a scavenger hunt? Yes. If not, have you ever helped people get what they need... or do you say GET OFF MY LAWN? I love scavenger hunts. I don't think I've ever been on the "helping" end, though.

3. Rocky_Mountains__________

4. Do you like fried green tomatoes? Haven't ever had them, so ??? but I bet I would.

5. Have you ever kept a fortune paper saying from a fortune cookie? Often, then lose them.

6. Is there a drive in theatre still in operation near you? No. Did you ever go when you were younger YEs and smuggle people in the trunk No, never did this part. Maybe this is why most went out of business! ?

8. What was the last card game you played? I play with a Mah Jongg group, but that's not cards. Hmmm. On-line I play various kinds of poker, but I can't remember the last time I played cards with humans.

9. Do you have a mouse trap set in your dwelling right now? NO WAY! The cats get what needs to be got.

10. Have you ever "blamed it on the dog? " Yes, but not in the context that term is usually used.

11. _Con__________ man

Thanks, Linda! Sounds like you're having a really fun summer!

Old 07-12-2016, 05:33 PM

21,458 posts, read 8,655,639 times
I drank out of the fountain at the gym last week.
No, I've never been on a scavenger hunt.

3. Rocky and Bullwinkle

I don't know because I've never tried them, but I think I would like them.
Yes, some of them can be pretty funny.
As far as I know there aren't any surviving drive-ins around here. I used to go but never did the smuggling thing.
We're news junkies at my house.
Solitaire on my phone while waiting for the hair color to develop.
No, it's been a long time since we saw a mouse here.
The last time I lived with dogs was the 1960s, and I don't think that excuse had been invented yet!
11. Milkman

Thanks, Linda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics