Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 10:29 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times

Advertisements

Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over.
If I recall correctly the longest bridge in the US is over Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana.
I've driven and ridden over it several times.

Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi? More times than I can count.
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? Yep.
Have you crossed your legs recently? Nope.
Do you like frog legs? I've never tried frog legs.

(The following 2 questions were submitted by Mikey who was recently let out of the doghouse)
Which movie character would you say is very much like you? Me Tarzan.
How about a family member or a friend that reminds you so much of a movie character
? Her Jane.

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? No.
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? Fried frogs legs. I hear they taste like chicken.

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate? Mostly accurate.
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? Nah, just plan accordingly.

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? Often enough.

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation? Oh, yeah.
Wanna tell us about it, curious minds want to know: A much younger bjh learned never to ask a (chunky) woman when her baby is due.

At a party are you considered:
The life of the party?
Party pooper?
Wallflower?
Bartender? *hiccup* Never mind, we only have soft drinks.
Disc jockey?
Other?

Chicken pot pie, yes or no.
Beef pot pie, yes or no.
Cheese dip with guacamole, yes or no.
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no. With cheese Don't know about dipped.
Well then what would you like? A juicy steak!

Famous quote of note:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Thx, nit-o-wit. Have a great week, ebberybuddy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 01:41 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Hope the weather has been nice in your area. We had 4 inches of rain in 1-1/2 hours 3 days ago. Wow! How about you, any rain? Unfortunately, no rain here. It's still hot and dry.

Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. Across the Mississippi River.
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi? I just said so. I've also crossed the Rio Grande many times.
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? Yes
Have you crossed your legs recently? Probably
Do you like frog legs? Only if they are still on a live frog.

(The following 2 questions were submitted by Mikey who was recently let out of the doghouse)
Which movie character would you say is very much like you?
How about a family member or a friend that reminds you so much of a movie character?

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? Nope
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? Probably nothing unusual.

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate? Accurate
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? Nope

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? Once or twice a week.

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation? Of course. Haven't we all?
Wanna tell us about it, curious minds want to know: No, I don't like talking about it as it was not my finest hour.

The life of the party?
Party pooper?
Wallflower?
Bartender?
Disc jockey?
Other? A good listener.

Beef pot pie, yes or no.
Cheese dip with guacamole, yes or no. NO
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no. Yes
Well then what would you like? Guacamole with some salsa on the side.

Thanks wit-nit for the questions. Happy Sunday to one and all.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:33 PM

126,269 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Howdy and welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday August 07, 2016. IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS AUGUST 7, then you are spiritually aware, imaginative and friendly, you are a very reliable individual, more so than others. You share birthdays with actor David Duchovny 56, actor Wayne Knight 61, Actress Charlize Theron 41, and singer BJ Thomas 74.

Hope the weather has been nice in your area. We had 4 inches of rain in 1-1/2 hours 3 days ago. Wow! How about you, any rain?....... SUNSHINE ONLY

Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. .. MAYBE PEI to Mainland
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi?.....A few
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide?.... NOPE
Have you crossed your legs recently?... YES
Do you like frog legs?

Which movie character would you say is very much like you?
How about a family member or a friend that reminds you so much of a movie character
?

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? ..NO THANK YOU
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? ....NOTHING

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate?......AT the moment accurate
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late?.....JUST wrist watch

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses?.... ONCE a week

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation?..... NOPE
Wanna tell us about it, curious minds want to know:

The life of the party?
Party pooper?
Wallflower?
Bartender?
Disc jockey?
Other?..... JUST mingling in

Chicken pot pie, yes or no......NO
Beef pot pie, yes or no......NO
Cheese dip with guacamole, yes or no......NO
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no.....NO
Well then what would you like?... YOGURT dip

Pun time, Mikey and girlfriend.

Mikey and his girlfriend are on their first date. After dinner and a movie, they decide to jump into his Camaro and drive up to the local make out spot, on Camelback Mountain, where things start to get hot and heavy.
After awhile his girlfriend leans over and whispers in his ear "do you want to go into the back seat?"
"Oh not now", answers Mikey.
His girlfriend, confused, shakes her head and they continue making out.
A few minutes later his girlfriend asks again, "do you want to go into the back seat now?"
"No" exclaims Mikey.
A little frustrated she decides to ignore his comment and they go at it again.
A few more minutes pass and she figures she can ask again, "alright now sweetie don't you want to go in the back seat?"
"No!" Yells Mikey.
"And why not she frustratingly asks?"
Mikey loudly answers "because I want to stay up here in front with you"...

Famous quote of note:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Historical events of note for August 7th...
0626 – The Avar and Slav armies leave the siege of Constantinople.
1427 – The Visconti of Milan's fleet is destroyed by the Venetians on the Po River.
1782 – George Washington orders the creation of the Badge of Military Merit to honor soldiers wounded in battle. It is later renamed to the more poetic Purple Heart.
1789 – The United States Department of War is established.
1879 – The opening of the Poor Man's Palace in Manchester, England.
1927 – The Peace Bridge opens between Fort Erie, Ontario and Buffalo, New York.
1944 – IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Harvard Mark I.
1959 – The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation.
1964 – Vietnam War: The U.S. Congress passes the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution giving U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson broad war powers to deal with North Vietnamese attacks on American forces.
1976 – Viking program: Viking 2 enters orbit around Mars.
1987 – Lynne Cox becomes first person to swim from the United States to the Soviet Union.
2016 - Mikey released from doghouse for the 600th time.

"Well that's all folks", all puns, questions, quotes etc were approved by and authenticated by the law firm of 'Am-Bue-Lance and Chaser' attorneys after law breakers.

Have a great day and new week, thanks for playing along.
THANK YOU wit-nit

Old 08-07-2016, 03:19 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. oh gosh I'm horrible with remembering these things when I need to. I love bridges and seek opportunities to cross them and see special ones. One that gets to a lot of people is the long bridge going across the Chesapeake into ocean city, MD.
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi? oh yes, plenty
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? only flown over. I did stand at the prime meridian just this week!
Have you crossed your legs recently? yup
Do you like frog legs? meh

Which movie character would you say is very much like you? not very very like me, but I related to the little blue girl in Inside Out
?too tired to think of that right now but it's a neat question

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00?no
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00?hmmmmm

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate?accurate
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? yes just a few

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? shhhh don't jinx me!

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation? who hasn't!?

At a party are you considered:life of the party or wallflower. Or if there's free dancing then I'm known as the girl who can throw down!
The life of the party?
Party pooper?
Wallflower?
Bartender?
Disc jockey?
Other?

Chicken pot pie, yes or no. yasssss
Beef pot pie, yes or no. sure
Cheese dip with guacamole, yes or no. hmmph no
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no. ok cream cheese
Well then what would you like? for dip I'd like that artichoke spinach stuff right now
[b]

Famous quote of note:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)beautiful!

Thank you!

Old 08-07-2016, 03:46 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Howdy and welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday August 07, 2016. IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS AUGUST 7, then you are spiritually aware, imaginative and friendly, you are a very reliable individual, more so than others. You share birthdays with actor David Duchovny 56, actor Wayne Knight 61, Actress Charlize Theron 41, and singer BJ Thomas 74.

Hope the weather has been nice in your area. We had 4 inches of rain in 1-1/2 hours 3 days ago. Wow! How about you, any rain?

Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, LA, long scary drive.
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi? Mississippi, Missouri, Columbia, Colorado, Snake River and the Rio Grande.
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? Many times in USA and Panama.
Have you crossed your legs recently? Last night until I couldn't hold it anymore.
Do you like frog legs? No, just regular curvaceous legs.

Which movie character would you say is very much like you? Festus.
How about a family member or a friend that reminds you so much of a movie character? Lulu.

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? If they are bathed.
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? Hot dog.

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate?
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? No but should, someone not mentionable is always late.

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? Usually daily when I shut down for the day.

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation? Many times.
Wanna tell us about it, curious minds want to know: One time I mentioned to a customer with a woman that looked 30 years older than him, "what a nice mother he had", he politely told me she was his wife.

The life of the party? Sometimes.
Party pooper? Have been.
Wallflower?
Bartender? Have been.
Disc jockey?
Other?

Beef pot pie, yes or no.
Cheese dip, guacamole dip, yes or no.
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no.
Well then what would you like? Cheese crisp with taco sauce and guacamole.

Mikey and his girlfriend are on their first date. After dinner and a movie, they decide to jump into his Camaro and drive up to the local make out spot, on Camelback Mountain, where things start to get hot and heavy.
After awhile his girlfriend leans over and whispers in his ear "do you want to go into the back seat?"
A few minutes later his girlfriend asks again, "do you want to go into the back seat now?"
"No" exclaims Mikey.
A few more minutes pass and she figures she can ask again, "alright now sweetie don't you want to go in the back seat?"
"No!" Yells Mikey.

"Well that's all folks", all puns, questions, quotes etc were approved by and authenticated by the law firm of 'Am-Bue-Lance and Chaser' attorneys after law breakers.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:47 PM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Longest bridge Ive been on......Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, LA. I remember crossing that in a '94 Freightliner, years ago.

I cant think of a movie character who might be like me, Im too....spontaneous.

Foot in mouth...I cant count the number of times, ha. I wont name them all but you can guess in the construction field, anything you say can be taken out of context, lol. And oh my gawd, as a truck driver now, yikes!!

Thanks for the questions, have a great day~~~~

Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times

Hope the weather has been nice in your area. We had 4 inches of rain in 1-1/2 hours 3 days ago. Wow! How about you, any rain? On and off... rain and HOT with rain...

Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. Sunshine Skyway Bridge Tampa Fl. The day it got hit by a freighter
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi? ... The Tennessee River
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? Flew over it...
Have you crossed your legs recently?.... Yes I did... and dented my calf's
Do you like frog legs?

Which movie character would you say is very much like you? ...... Well Duh... Toto
How about a family member or a friend that reminds you so much of a movie character? My dad.. Cesar Romero

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? .... No but at 6yrs. ate one for a double dog dare
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? ....

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate? Not fast -- Not slow -- but Oz Time
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? .... Tell the rabbit that and see what he thinks about a important date...

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? Scan as Vulcan Mind Meld

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation? All the time... especially when I am a tile floor..
Wanna tell us about it, curious minds want to know: ... Asking some lady what time it was... Duh Os a man with bad hair piece and

The life of the party?
Party pooper?.... also party and poooooooo with refried beans
Wallflower?
Bartender?
Disc jockey?
Other? .... The drunk with the funnel on his head...

Thanks witty-nitty have a great week...

Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
[quote=wit-nit;45038705] Howdy and welcome to the Questions Of The Day for Sunday August 07, 2016. IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS AUGUST 7, then you are spiritually aware, imaginative and friendly, you are a very reliable individual, more so than others. You share birthdays with actor David Duchovny 56, actor Wayne Knight 61, Actress Charlize Theron 41, and singer BJ Thomas 74.

Hope the weather has been nice in your area. We had 4 inches of rain in 1-1/2 hours 3 days ago. Wow! How about you, any rain?
Yikes, that's a lot of water. We're pretty dry here and I had to water yesterday.
Let's begin....
What's the longest bridge you've ever driven on/over. Maybe one on our way to Key West.
Have you crossed any major rivers, such as the Mississippi?Yes.
Have you ever crossed the Continental Divide? Yes.
Have you crossed your legs recently?Yes.
Do you like frog legs?Yes. The ex and I used to catch them in California and he came in the kitchen at a friends house with the little legs sticking up in a bowl and the still had skin on them. I took one look at them and vomited in the kitchen sink all over the dishes I washed the dishes and still ate the frog legs. They were good.

Which movie character would you say is very much like you? Kathryn Hepburn in African Queen.
?

Would you eat 100 worms for $100.00? Um NO!
If not what unusual thing would you eat for $100.00? Squid

Do your clocks/watches run fast, slow, or are accurate? Pretty accurate.
Do you set your clocks/watches a few minutes faster than normal so you won't be late? No need.

How often do you run a scan on your computer for viruses? I'd have to ask John.

Have you ever experienced a 'foot in mouth' situation?I'm sure.

Oh one comes to mind when I was a therapist and I saw a patient and said you're still alive It just came out wrong. I'm so glad he had a sense of humor and we had a good rapport. Hughe idiot factor there

The life of the party?<-----------------
Party pooper?
Wallflower?
Bartender?
Disc jockey?
Other?

Beef pot pie, yes or no.
Cheese dip with guacamole, yes or no.
Celery dipped in cheese, yes or no.
Well then what would you like?

A great big banana split.

"No" exclaims Mikey.
"No!" Yells Mikey.

Doh.
Famous quote of note:

Historical events of note for August 7th...
0626 – The Avar and Slav armies leave the siege of Constantinople.
1427 – The Visconti of Milan's fleet is destroyed by the Venetians on the Po River.
1782 – George Washington orders the creation of the Badge of Military Merit to honor soldiers wounded in battle. It is later renamed to the more poetic Purple Heart.
1789 – The United States Department of War is established.
1879 – The opening of the Poor Man's Palace in Manchester, England.
1927 – The Peace Bridge opens between Fort Erie, Ontario and Buffalo, New York.
1944 – IBM dedicates the first program-controlled calculator, the Harvard Mark I.
1959 – The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation.
1964 – Vietnam War: The U.S. Congress passes the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution giving U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson broad war powers to deal with North Vietnamese attacks on American forces.
1976 – Viking program: Viking 2 enters orbit around Mars.
1987 – Lynne Cox becomes first person to swim from the United States to the Soviet Union.
2016 - Mikey released from doghouse for the 600th time.

Thanks dear one, sorry I'm a day late. I was at one of my shorties baby shower. It was just a couple of years ago that I was holding her hand and eating ice cream. Sigh. Life goes so fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics