Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:36 AM

24,377 posts, read 25,888,266 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
The house when I have it all to myself. Nice and quiet.

Bonus Question(s):
Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:
a train, some small ones that are part of a collection.
a birdhouse?
a mirror?
a feather?
a plant?
something holding pencils and pens?
pillows?
candy?

Just for Fun:
If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?The Family Museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9oPqASCWQ

Thanx PatsCatz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 10:45 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,757,490 times
[quote=PatsCats;45075163]Mornin' all!

I hope you're well-rested, and ready to hit the morning Questions.

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?
Into the basement and escape into movie land. There had better be cheese popcorn. Don't make me come there.

Bonus Question(s):
Can you see, from where you are sitting, any kind (real, photo, replica, etc.), of any of the following:
a train?
a birdhouse?
a mirror?<----------Two antique ones and the mirrors in the etagere.
a feather?
a plant?
pillows?
candy? That wouldn't last ten seconds if I saw it.

Just for Fun:
If money were no object, and you actually had a place to store it, what "exotic" means of transportation would you like to have:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?
A private jet.
Today in History:
Birthday: 1955 Joe Jackson, U.S. singer, pianist
Entertainment: 1985 Michael Jackson buys ATV Music (every Beatles song) for $47 million
Science/Technology: 1990 U.S.'s Magellan spacecraft lands on Venus
Sports: 2014 Rory McIlroy wins the PGA Championship, marking his fourth major championship; McIlroy is now one of only four players in golf history to reach this achievement by age 25

Today’s Word:
depthless
Pronunciation: (DEPTH-les)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.
Etymology: From Old English deop (deep) + laes (less).
Earliest documented use: 1619.

Today is:
Lazy Day
National Banana Split Day (U.S.)
National Duran Duran Appreciation Day
Paul Bunyan Day
Skyscraper Appreciation Day
Smithsonian Day
S'mores Day

Quote of the Day:
"The world is like that -- incomprehensible and full of surprises." ~ Jorge Amado ~ (Brazilian writer, also born today, 1912, d. Aug 8, 2001)

Have a good day everyone!

It turns out lonely guy on the corner isn't so lonely. He shared with me that he is alive and well in that area, and had a rendezvous before he fell and went into the hospital in June. I told him I wanted to be just like him when I grow up

Old 08-10-2016, 01:20 PM

44,316 posts, read 19,985,665 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" My home. I live alone, and am very happy with it. It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? Either home, or walking on a trail in a wooded park.

Bonus Question(s):
a train? No.
a birdhouse? No.
a mirror? No.
a feather? No.
a plant? Yes. Lots and lots of potted plants.
something holding pencils and pens? Yes. A coffee mug.
pillows? Nope.
candy? Yepper. I have a candy dish on my desk that contains individually-wrapped Werther's coffee-flavored hard caramels.

Just for Fun:
helicopter? Oooooooo, yes please!
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other? A 70-foot yacht would be nice.

Today’s Word:
depthless
Pronunciation: (DEPTH-les)
Meaning: adjective:
1. Immeasurably deep.
2. Shallow; superficial.
Etymology: From Old English deop (deep) + laes (less).
Earliest documented use: 1619.

Today is:
Lazy Day I wish.
National Banana Split Day (U.S.) I'll just have plain vanilla or chocolate ice cream, please.
National Duran Duran Appreciation Day Okay.....
Paul Bunyan Day What about Babe the Blue Ox? Aren't the two of them responsible for creating Minnesota's ten thousand lakes with their footprints?
Skyscraper Appreciation Day I live near Chicago, and it's pretty cool to visit the city and admire the skyscrapers. I wouldn't want to live there, but it's an amazing place to visit.
Smithsonian Day It's on my bucket list.
S'mores Day YUM!

Have a good day everyone! Happy hump daaaaaaaaay!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:19 PM

401 posts, read 478,898 times
Today's Question(s):
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race? I go for a ride on my motorbike. Hard for people to find you if you're constantly moving around. Also, it's impossible for me to talk on my smart phone if I'm busy watching out for stuff on my bike.

Bonus Question(s):
a train? I wish. I like trains and usually enjoy riding them (sometimes Amtrak gets my goat because they're not always the best for being on time.
a birdhouse? Nope
a mirror? Yes on this though it's a pretty standard mirror.
a feather? Nope but, I do have a toy white buffalo I got for making a donation to the St. Labre Indian School.
a plant? Lots of these, there's an empty field right next to the Extended Stay where I live. The Extended Stay accepts pets so, the field is really useful for guests with them for obvious reasons.
pillows? I can see these on my bed.
candy? Ditto on this. I have some Wintogreen lifesavers, some candy corn, some Lindt Peppermint/White Chocolate truffles, some Brach's maple nut goodies and some candy orange slices.

Just for Fun:
helicopter? A helicopter would be handy. I can avoid a bunch of the traffic that way.
submarine? A submarine would be neat. I could play Captain Nemo though I wouldn't sink any ships by ramming them.
dirigible? This would be cool too though dirigibles tend to be really big. The helicopter would probably be better.
unicycle? Too difficult to try to balance on.
other? I've seen a car/plane combo which would be neat.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM

11,780 posts, read 2,932,067 times
Today's Question(s):
Home sweet home.

Bonus Question(s):
a plant? Grass through the window.

Just for Fun:
helicopter? A helicopter would be fun.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:55 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,559,285 times
Where is your adult 'hiding place?" It can be a real, or imaginary place (childhood playground, the piano, the island of Nilondin [I made that up just now] , etc.). Where do you go when you want to get away from the rat race?id like one in the crook of a beautiful shade tree, near a Lilly pond

Bonus Question(s):
a train?no but I wish I could
a birdhouse?no
a mirror?no
[b]a feather?[/Bno
a plant?yes
something holding pencils and pens?yes
pillows?yes
candy?yes

Just for Fun:
helicopter?
submarine?
dirigible?
unicycle?
other?a funicular that I could ride anytime

thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics