Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 06:01 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ?

Photo entries

What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ?

House cleaning

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ?
yes

Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ? yes

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ?
a breadmaker ?

No to all of the above.

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ?

I have Tupperware bowls for coins but I don't roll them. I take them to one of those machines that sorts them and counts them and gives you a receipt for which the supermarket, in turn, gives you cash. Jars get too heavy and I couldn't lift one and lug it into the store to dump it if it was full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Yes, I have cup holders and mirrors on my sun visors.
I have a coffee can for loose change, but took the change recently to one of those change machines and turned it into dollar bills. I got a whole 22 bucks, lol.
Thanks for the questions, have a great day everyone!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:18 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Being on time for appointments; doing what I say I'll do.
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ? Most things that only affect me and no one else.

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? I know there's a mirror on both the driver and passenger's side. I'd have to look to see what else.
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ? Two cup holders and a center console

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ? Years ago
a laminator ? We have a laminator at school.
a pastamaker ? Never used
a breadmaker ? My daughter has one, but I've never used it.

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ?
One in the kitchen & one in the laundry room. Haven't rolled the coins in a few years.

Today’s Word:
calumny /ˈkaləmnē/ (n.): False testimony, slander, libel-untrue accusations or assertions.

Today Is:
National Relaxation Day
Best Friends Day
National Lemon Meringue Pie Day
-and the start to-
National Aviation Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at upper left-

Thought for the Day:
“The more something matters to us, the more distinctive we assume it is.”
-Jonah Berger

Have a citrusy fresh day, peeps in C-D land
Thanks, cloven! I'm in Maine with my daughters and four grands. Vacationing with kids sure is different than being on my own. I hear someone running around now & should get up. Tide is high, so we won't be headed to the beach for a bit. Enjoy your day, all!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:41 AM

36,418 posts, read 16,026,236 times
Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Being courteous.
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ? About everything else

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? The passenger side has a mirror.
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ?
Yep
Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ? No
a breadmaker ? No

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ? I have an old silver pitcher I use. I take it to a store with a coin machine.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:52 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times
Happy Monday August 15, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ?........Lots of things. Especially the bed pillows when I make the bed.
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ?............My handwriting.

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ?............I have lighted mirrors on both sides of my vehicle. They each have hinged covers that open and close to hide the mirrors. They don't have any type of storage.
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ?........Yes, my vehicle has a two layer console storage system. Hubby's pickup has the best center console and cup holders of any vehicle. It has multiple cups holders in the front console and all kinds of little cubby holes.

Bonus:
Have you ever used ..........Just a labelmaker.
a labelmaker ?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ?
a breadmaker ?

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ?...........We have a big coin jar. It's been a long time since we emptied it. We take it to our local bank and they run the change through their change counter.

Today in History:
1928: Birth of film director & cinematographer Nicholas Roeg (The Man Who Fell to Earth)
1944: Birth of journalist & author Linda Ellerbee
1946: Birth of actor, author & tv series presenter Tony Robinson (Blackadder)
1957: Birth of actor Željko Ivanek (Oz, 24, Madam Secretary)
1968: Birth of actress Debra Messing (Will & Grace, The Mysteries of Laura)
1969: First day of the Woodstock Festival live concert & cultural event in the town of Bethel, NY
1970: Birth of actor & comedian Anthony Anderson (Hang Time, Law & Order, Black-ish)
2013: Discovery of a new species is announced, the (South American) olinguito, a tree-dwelling mammal in the raccoon family

Today’s Word:
calumny /ˈkaləmnē/ (n.): False testimony, slander, libel-untrue accusations or assertions.

Today Is:
National Relaxation Day..........
Best Friends Day..............
National Lemon Meringue Pie Day...............
-and the start to-
National Aviation Week..........

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Jonah Berger

Old 08-15-2016, 07:12 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
Happy Monday August 15, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Being on time for an appointment. Usually I am always at least 15 minutes early.
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ? Feeding my dog. I don't use a measuring cup but seems she is getting enough food...maybe a little too much at times.

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? Mirror
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ?Yes.

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a label maker?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ?
a breadmaker ?

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ? Emptied it several months ago but no need to roll them since I took them to a coin machine.

Today in History:
1928: Birth of film director & cinematographer Nicholas Roeg (The Man Who Fell to Earth)
1944: Birth of journalist & author Linda Ellerbee
1946: Birth of actor, author & tv series presenter Tony Robinson (Blackadder)
1957: Birth of actor Željko Ivanek (Oz, 24, Madam Secretary)
1968: Birth of actress Debra Messing (Will & Grace, The Mysteries of Laura)
1969: First day of the Woodstock Festival live concert & cultural event in the town of Bethel, NY
1970: Birth of actor & comedian Anthony Anderson (Hang Time, Law & Order, Black-ish)
2013: Discovery of a new species is announced, the (South American) olinguito, a tree-dwelling mammal in the raccoon family

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Relaxation Day
Best Friends Day
-and the start to-
National Aviation Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Jonah Berger

[/quote]

Old 08-15-2016, 07:41 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,633 times
Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ?

If it's something I'm creating and have an idea of how I want the final result to be, less than what I have in mind is not good enough.

Neatness in general. If everything isn't in its place it makes me nervous. I cannot stand for pillows or blankets to be lying around haphazardly. I never use a blanket, even if I'm freezing, unless it's at night and I'm in bed because I can't stand a messed up blanket. My home desk - if I'm not using my desk for any length of time, my laptop is closed, the edges are lined up with the desk and the chair is pushed in. I usually have a drink on my desk and most times I just use a paper towel rather than a coaster. The paper towel has to be folded up into a neat coaster style square. Stuff like that. That reminds me, I need a coaster.

What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ?

Whatever I'm not strict about.

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ?

Yes.

Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ?

Yes.

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ?
a breadmaker ?

No.

Just for Fun:
[/b][/color]

I have a cat bank that is only for found money. Not change I get back from the store, but money I find. It's just a fun thing I've been doing for years to see how much free money I can accumulate. 100% profit.

It filled up about a year ago and I had to start over. The money from the first round is in a large zip bag. I haven't rolled it.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,511 times
Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Putting silverware on the tables at work. If they're off by a few microns the managers will not be happy.
Most other things
Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? No
Cup holders, yes.
Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ?
a laminator ?
a pastamaker ?
a breadmaker ?
None of the above
Just for Fun:
Not necessarily a penny jar, but I have a coin jar I throw change in. I last emptied it about 2 weeks ago.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:05 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,762 times
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Greasy salt shakers and dried up ketchup on the lid. .
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ? Clutter and dusting

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? A mirror and light
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ? Yeah..and it's sticky

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ? Yes
a laminator ? No
a pastamaker ? No
a breadmaker ? Love it

Just for Fun:
Does your home have a penny jar-if so, how long since you last emptied it & rolled the coins ? Take them to Coinstar...dump em in...done

Old 08-15-2016, 10:00 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Today’s Question:
What is something you’re very particular/strict about (has to be “just right”) ? Being on time for appointments.......
What is something you’re pretty lax/loose about (“close enough” is good enough) ? doing things that are not too important............

Extra Credit:
If you have a vehicle…does the sun visor (driver or passenger side) have a mirror, light, or a pocket/strap to hold items ? There's a mirror on both sun visors with lights. The driver side has a remote garage door opener on it but it's not programed for use.
Does your vehicle have a cup holder and/or a central console (between the front seats) for storing stuff ? Four cup or drink holders and a center console.............

Bonus:
Have you ever used
a labelmaker ? Yes I have two of them
a laminator ? no
a pastamaker ? no
a breadmaker ? no

Just for Fun:
no, not at my house.

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Relaxation Day
Best Friends Day
-and the start to-
National Aviation Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
-Jonah Berger

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics