Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Advertisements

1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain?
Yes, it's a metal ring.

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter?
No, I've never heard of such a thing. I love PB, though, and would try it if I had the chance.

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about?
I think it's wasteful to buy Ziploc bags and just use them once, so I rinse or wipe them clean, let them dry and reuse them until they leak or start to look funky.

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other?
Yes, one is slightly larger. I think that's fairly common.

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party?
Underdressed

6. What size is the biggest TV you have?
We only have one. It's 42 inches.

7. In Memoriam

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside?
I don't cook outdoors. My indoor stove is electric, unfortunately. I'd prefer gas.

9. What color is your wallet?
Black, but my next wallet will be a bright color so I can find it the bottom of my black handbag.

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums?
Yes, quite a few.

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store?
A car wash (it was a gas station convenience store).

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash?
No. I've donated blood, though.

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with?
Old black and white family photos I inherited from my mother that mean nothing to me because I have no idea who the people are, and she is no longer here to tell me.

14. Baby powder

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie?
Santa Clara, CA at a high school reunion picnic.

Thanks, Linda!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-23-2016 at 02:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 02:20 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Good morning friends! - Good morning, Linda.
I'm posting in the middle of the night again but at least I am off today! Back to sleep later...

1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain? - Standard ring.

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? - Never heard of it.

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about? - I'm not, on anything.

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? - I don't think so. On a somewhat related note I wish my feet weren't so wide...

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party? - I don't / only rarely attend.

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? - My current one is 39 inches and going to waste.

7. In the City - Roger McGuinn - Chris Hillman. Title track from the "City" CD:

Left her home, came to town, ran around in the city
Lost some dreams, found some scenes, lost and found in the city
Met some men, just pretend she's in love in the city
Hurt pride long slide, try to hide in the city......

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside? - Haven't cooked on the latter in 40 years, so...

9. What color is your wallet? - Black

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums? - Nope

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? - I don't remember the last time I was in one. Maybe a month ago when I bought a fresh egg sandwich at WaWa.

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash? - Nope. I don't think they offer that here. I donate blood for free about every 70 days.

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with?- My TV!

14. Baby, I love Your Way - Peter Frampton:

Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
but don't hesitate
'Cause your love won't wait hey
Ooh baby I love your way every day
want to tell you I love your way every day
want to be with you night and day...

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie? - N/A.

Thanks, Linda

Lyrics posted are brief excerpts.

Hope everyone will have a nice Tuesday. Perfect weather predicted here.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:28 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
only one key
nope
haircuts
yes
over
not too big
side
coals
black
yes

Old 08-23-2016, 04:05 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain? A key ring attached to a clip. I keep my keys on a loop on my jeans.

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? I have. It was not a love match

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about? Going out to eat, books and clothes.

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? Both shoes are the same size

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party? Overdressed.

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? IDK. I don't watch it but it is really big. I'd say 65 inches or so.

7. In____love_____________

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside? Gas. I haven't used charcoal since I was a kid. I used to hate the lighter fluid smell and sometimes taste

9. What color is your wallet? It's built int my purse which is black.

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums? yup…I was sunning on a boat eating a banana.

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? I only go into those when we are rving. It's been a long time.

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash? No

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with? A little excess weight.

14. Baby_______Doll_________

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie?

Dessert of the Day
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ht88r1kf...pple-bars.html

Ooh it's apple season. I also really like this recipe…yum.

Applesauce Bars from AR

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup applesauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; stir into the applesauce mixture until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Cool in the pan over a wire rack.
In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar and margarine. Stir in vanilla and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled bars before cutting into squares.

Have a wonderful day. Thanks Linda

Old 08-23-2016, 04:08 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Good morning friends!

1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain? Yes - I have 2 bright colored ( 1 red & 1 lime green) carbiners (those metal oval things that some workmen put their keys on and attach them to their work belt or pant loops).

Long story but I'll try to keep it short: I was driving to NC and early in the trip I thought I lost my car key fob at one of my stops. I had one left but was in a tizzy because if I lost that one I was SOL, not to mention the expense for replacing the one I lost. I had a money belt on and kept the remaining fob in it at all times except when opening the doors, but it would go right back into the money belt. This was a great source of anxiety along the way - I patted the money belt constantly to make sure it was still there. While I was in NC the sun was shining just right and I saw the lost one stuck down in a narrow crevice along side the car seat - since the fob was black and so was the car carpet - it was almost invisible. So, after that I bought these carbiners - 2 so that the fob is now too bulky to slide down a narrow crevice, very bright so it's easily seen and if I did drop it there would be a clang when the 2 metal carbiner clang together. I can even attach it to my belt loops if I want. My fob is easy to find in my purse now also.

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? Have never heard of powdered PB.

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about? Cable TV - if I paid the high price I would probably watch too much TV so I got some value from it. I do't have cable TV

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? dunno

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? 40 something

7. In_the Twilight Zone_____________________

9. What color is your wallet? gray

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums? a few

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? Gas

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash? Yes - when I worked at the Mayo Clinic they would pay $25 - big money then. You had to weigh 110 lbs. but I was only 102 so I bought weights and put them in my pockets & shoes

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with? My grandmother's old pedal sewing machine - weighs a ton.

14. Baby_blues_________________________

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie? Long long time ago at a work function.

Last edited by Umbria; 08-23-2016 at 05:30 AM..

Old 08-23-2016, 05:00 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Good morning friends! Good morning linda

1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain? yes a key chain with an Edelweiss

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? A what?..never heard about this,so nope

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about? buying myself new clothes. I buy good wear and hold on to it as long as I can. But just in general I always was a saver and not a spender

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? I don't think so

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party? Hmmm overdressed...can always do adjustments with the attire just like you see in movies

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? It looks like it is a 42 inch one

7. In The Evening

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside? Never did that before so I would not know what taste better

9. What color is your wallet? I have a black,brown,gold and red one

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums? Nope

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? a water bottle while filling up gas

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash? No

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with? a bit of my extra weight

14. Baby lullaby

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie? Long ago at a seminar

Dessert of the Day

Best answer from last week Larksong!!!!

Have you ever said "TAKE A PICTURE...IT WILL LAST LONGER?".........Yes I have. During my broken heel ordeal. I was in a parking lot using my knee scooter (I couldn't put any weight on my foot for over 3 months) a lady was very obvious with her curiosity by pointing and moving around so she could watch me. I engaged my mouth and out came "TAKE A PICTURE....IT WILL LAST LONGER " I was at the point I'd had it with all the rude people pointing and staring at me.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Hope you embarrassed them...HAHA!!!

So long for now peoples.......
See y'all next week!!!

Thank you linda

Old 08-23-2016, 05:10 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Good morning friends!

1. What holds your keys together?A key ring. Do you have a keychain?

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? No.

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about? I buy cheap greeting cards at the dollar store. Can get 2 cards for a dollar.

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? No.

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party? Neither.

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? 42 inch.

7. In______the end it will all work out.________________

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside? I don't cook outside.

9. What color is your wallet? Black.

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums? Yes.

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? A lottery ticket.

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash? No.

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with? Some old tops that I haven't worn in years and several other things.

14. Baby______Carriage____________________

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie? I don't remember.

Dessert of the Day

Have you ever said "TAKE A PICTURE...IT WILL LAST LONGER?".........Yes I have. During my broken heel ordeal. I was in a parking lot using my knee scooter (I couldn't put any weight on my foot for over 3 months) a lady was very obvious with her curiosity by pointing and moving around so she could watch me. I engaged my mouth and out came "TAKE A PICTURE....IT WILL LAST LONGER " I was at the point I'd had it with all the rude people pointing and staring at me.

See y'all next week!!!
Good job, Linda.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:22 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
1. What holds your keys together? Do you have a keychain?I use a black carabiner and I have two keys on it.

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter?yes. many times.

3. What are you an extreme cheapskate about?everything! I cut my own hair, buy clothes at thrift stores...

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other?yes but not by much.

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party?Under

6. What size is the biggest TV you have?hmmm...I have no clue.

7. In______time you will remember________________

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside?both

9. What color is your wallet?Don't use one

10. Do you have Polaroid pictures in any of your old photo albums?Hahaha absolutely

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store?bottled water

12. Did you ever sell your plasma for cash?No, but I would

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with?books are the hardest thing for me to get rid of

14. Baby__________I'm yours________________

15. Where were you the last time you wrote your name on a sticky nametag with a Sharpie?When I took a class on propane dispensing.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:55 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Very simple round ring

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter?

I never knew there was such a thing.

Many things. But I am smart enough not to go cheap on things like power tools, bicycles etc. But sugar or mustard? Store brand all the way.

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other?

Not to my knowledge

Over

6. What size is the biggest TV you have?

42" Last one was 50" and I thought that was too big. But now I struggle to read type or see a hockey puck.

7. In__between a rock and a hard place____________________

A friend just gave me a charcoal grill in June. Still use the gas one, it's easier and faster.

9. What color is your wallet?

Brown leather

No

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store?

Coffee

Sure. Spent a summer in Boulder, CO and it was an easy way to make $10. Ended up dating the woman who worked there for a short time

13. What is something you need to get rid of but you just can't seem to part with?

Golf shirts. I buy short sleave, heavy weight golf shirts at closeout because they are so damned cheap. But only a tool wears golf shirts to a party or out to dinner so these shirts serve exactly one function: playing golf when it's between 67 and 73 degrees. That's it, that's the list. And I currently have 17 of these stupid things.

14. Baby____Needs a new pair of shoes. Or maybe a golf shirt______________________

Class reunion maybe

Old 08-23-2016, 06:38 AM

36,412 posts, read 16,020,348 times

2. Have you ever eaten powdered peanut butter? Oh ugh, no

4. Do you have one foot bigger than the other? I think, just a little.

5. Would you rather be OVERDRESSED or UNDERDRESSED at an event or party? I don't care

6. What size is the biggest TV you have? 42"

7. In__side out____________________

8. Do you prefer cooking on gas or charcoal outside? I don't cook outside.

9. What color is your wallet? Brown

11. What did you last buy in a convenience store? Red Bull

14. Baby______steps____________________

Dessert of the Day

See y'all next week!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics