Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times

Advertisements

> Do you have a pet(s) if so, how many and what kind?

When we placed my mother into an assisted living facility, we "adopted" her cat, who has been living with us now for over two years. She has truly adapted and truly is a member of the family. We've adapted too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
We have a 14 year old mutt and a 3 year old (we think) Jack Russell Terrier. Can't think of anything crazy that I have done with them. However, when I was younger I jumped into a disgustingly filthy pond fully clothed, to save my then JRT from drowning. Yup, my dog was not a very good swimmer and ran off the edge of the grass straight into the pond. The scum on the top of the water was that bad he must of thought it was grass!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,734,834 times
We have 3 puppies and 4 1/2 kitties (the 1/2 is a stray I have been taming - he'll get to be a whole number when he gets neutered).

The craziest thing we have ever done is get the puppies their own kitty. He even thinks he is a dog.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
I have a Maltese Terrier that is 11 years old now, his name is Starbuck, and no his name has nothing to do with the coffee, although he did drink a cup of coffee once, my wife had just made yourself a cup of coffee, took one sip out of it, set it down and when she came back the coffee was gone, Starbuck was wound up all day long after that, I also have a Lasaopsa, named Susie. I also have a North American Red Wolf, his name is Corky, recently he was with me on a helicopter trip to Mexico, strictly business.
The picture is of my Maltese and Lasaopsa in my wife's chair on their favorite blanket. I don't post any pictures of my North American Red Wolf for obvious reasons, he's all business and doesn't care for anybody but me.

Last edited by ptsum; 07-03-2009 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 09:19 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
lol As you can tell by how late todays ? is, it was not one of my 4:30 am mornings
When I found out it is "National love your pet day" I got the inspiration for
Todays question:

Do you have a pet(s) if so, how many and what kind?

Extra credit:
What is the craziest,strangest or funniest thing you have done for them?

Today in history :

February 21,1842 - John J. Greenough of Washington, DC patented the sewing machine on this day.

February 21,1878 - The first telephone directories issued in the U.S. were distributed to residents in New Haven, CT. It was easy to “Let Your Fingers Do the Walking†at that time as only 50 subscribers’ names were listed.

Word of the day :

satiety \suh-TY-uh-tee\, noun:
The state of being full or gratified to or beyond the point of satisfaction.

Today is National Sticky Bun Day

it is also

National Love your pet Day
Not at the moment.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,545 times
I have a 16 year old chihuahua that gets a small cup of coffee every evening when I get home from work. The craziest thing I guess would be replacing her pacifer.
She sucks a pacifer and when they get squishy I replace them for her. also have two cats and they eat dog food won't touch cat food.My boy cat is a black tuxedo and he
gets on the car and rides to the end of the road every morning hops off at the stop sign and goes back home. Not only am I strange my pet are too!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
We have 3 puppies and 4 1/2 kitties (the 1/2 is a stray I have been taming - he'll get to be a whole number when he gets neutered).

The craziest thing we have ever done is get the puppies their own kitty. He even thinks he is a dog.

tulegirl: leave it to you...that is so funny..but don't you have a pet Eagle too ....

Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Uncle Batz, you old softee, you! LOL

Four kitties. Love 'em all. It's funny - I've had about 15 cats thru my life and each one has had its own personality, from bee-itchy to sweet as pie and everything in between.

I don't know if it's something we've done "for" our cats, but we currently have the cremains of 4 of our previous pets in a special place in our house. We brought them with us wherever we move. At first, I thought that was kind of strange, but I don't any more.

Sewing machine??? Would that be somewhere near the iron???

Could I please replace the sticky bun with a cinnamon bun w/cream cheese frosting? Unless, of course, Auntie Batz wants to give me one of her home made ones. :-D
She just sent you a fresh one via CyberFedExBrown...lol..and yeah, I guess I am a softie...at least Auntie Batz says so....

Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
I have a 16 year old chihuahua that gets a small cup of coffee every evening when I get home from work. The craziest thing I guess would be replacing her pacifer.
She sucks a pacifer and when they get squishy I replace them for her. also have two cats and they eat dog food won't touch cat food.My boy cat is a black tuxedo and he
gets on the car and rides to the end of the road every morning hops off at the stop sign and goes back home. Not only am I strange my pet are too!
we need pictures

Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
She just sent you a fresh one via CyberFedExBrown...lol..and yeah, I guess I am a softie...at least Auntie Batz says so....
MMMMM....how yummy! So light, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics