Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 09:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

You're not supposed to be cheating to get your answers, you slippery eels!
{{{{WHAT}}}} nobody said there was going to be a test! I'm not prepared I need to be excused please...............................

~ A U.S., 25 cent quarter....how many millimeters across would you guess it is?
The radius is twice the distance of the diameter, so you figure it out

~ I reckon they cannot go buy a gallon of paint in Canada or Europe...(I assume)...then what do they call a can of paint there?
Another honey-do project..................

~ What do people call inchworms...in metric countries? Food for the birds

~ Theirs is metric, ours is _working_______.

~ Please think...have you anything in your home that you would be willing to give away to someone who may like it plenty? I'd give most anything I've got to others who could put it to use.......

~ How about, just for for a silly smile, name something that might be considered FooFoo:
FooFoo ................ jelly with whipped cream on it.

~ Do you like the body of a Jeep? not really,,, didn't ever think of that "body"....

~ What sort of cooler(s) do you have or wish you had? Wine coolers made with citrus are always good but I especially like Sangria

~ If you run a ceiling fan...in the hottest season...should you have it run clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking UP at it)? CW

~ Now that you've answered that - so what direction should you run a ceiling fan if you are in Sydney...
in July? CCW

~ Why do you suppose that Santa guy lives at the North Pole? That's where the red light guides him on each trip.

~ Have you ever see any treasure? Where? no

~ What do they call a 2 by 4...in Saskatchewan? 2 x 4

*** Yummy noodles for you all on this Fryday and weekend long...and even after that! ***

Belly-rubs for Millie and all your pets!

Getting ready for the trip home and I'll be sleeping in my own bed again tonight. Loved the time in San Diego and enjoyed the foods. But there's no place like home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 09:17 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times

~ A U.S., 25 cent quarter....how many millimeters across would you guess it is? 20 mm?

~ I reckon they cannot go buy a gallon of paint in Canada or Europe...(I assume)...then what do they call a can of paint there? There are no more "cans" of paint. They're all plastic.

~ What do people call inchworms...in metric countries? Geometridae.

~ Theirs is metric, ours is _standard___.

~ Please think...have you anything in your home that you would be willing to give away to someone who may like it plenty? I don't know but you could do that on Craig's List if you offer to pay them to take it.

~ How about, just for for a silly smile, name something that might be considered FooFoo: Guacamole

~ Do you like the body of a Jeep? I have always liked the CJ series especially the CJ7.

~ What sort of cooler(s) do you have or wish you had? A sweet red wine and 7-up.

~ If you run a ceiling fan...in the hottest season...should you have it run clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking UP at it)? Clockwise on mine. That pushes the air upward.

~ Now that you've answered that - so what direction should you run a ceiling fan if you are in Sydney...
in July? Whichever way your pet wallabys want.

~ Why do you suppose that Santa guy lives at the North Pole? Less traffic.

~ Have you ever see any treasure? Where? I couldn't see it from my building where I was eating my lunch but once in New Orleans in the early 1980s, building construction workers accidentally broke open an old buried chest of gold coins. It was noon so the uptown streets were busy with pedestrians. Co-workers told me they they saw women in their business suits down in the muddy hole scooping up the coins.

~ What do they call a 2 by 4...in Saskatchewan? I'm sure it's something that doesn't match the actual size of the lumber.

Thanks RR.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:49 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
Not sure

~ I reckon they cannot go buy a gallon of paint in Canada or Europe...(I assume)...then what do they call a can of paint there?
Just a guess, 2 liters maybe?

~ What do people call inchworms...in metric countries?
2.5 cm worms

~ Theirs is metric, ours is standard.

~ Please think...have you anything in your home that you would be willing to give away to someone who may like it plenty?
Nothing at the moment

~ How about, just for for a silly smile, name something that might be considered FooFoo:

~ Do you like the body of a Jeep?
Yes

~ What sort of cooler(s) do you have or wish you had?
We have two, a big and small one.

~ If you run a ceiling fan...in the hottest season...should you have it run clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking UP at it)?
Not sure

in July?

~ Why do you suppose that Santa guy lives at the North Pole?
The south pole is too cold!

~ Have you ever see any treasure? Where?

~ What do they call a 2 by 4...in Saskatchewan?

Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=rainroosty;45581857]You're not supposed to be cheating to get your answers, you slippery eels!

Um 2000000000

I say lets take a trip and find out.
They don't have inchworms in metric countries.

~ Theirs is metric, ours is _Messed up._______.

~ Please think...have you anything in your home that you would be willing to give away to someone who may like it plenty?

Oh no. Not the owl with the solar eyes. I'm thinking, I'm thinking. How about my old fish pond pump and filter? I missed my pond and fish this summer.

Joe Joe Nightmare after he goes to the groomers. He's 4 now and never been groomed.
John had a jeep when we first met with a manual trans and I loved driving it.

How about one with a remote that flys along with you so you don't have to drag it through the sand?

~ If you run a ceiling fan...in the hottest season...should you have it run clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking UP at it)?
Doesn't clockwise blow the air down and counter bring it up? We always had it blowing down in hot weather, but we don't have any ceiling fans now.

in July?
It sounds logical to run it counter clockwise to bring the cold air up if the air conditioning is running, but you don't get the feel of the air hitting you, so I say clockwise.

All that glorious snow.

Every day when I see my dear ones and fur babies

Lets take another road trip to find out

*** Yummy noodles for you all on this Fryday and weekend long...and even after that! ***

Ok but I already had Yorkie cuddles in bed this morning and Howie hugs after I got up and we had the love fest in the bathroom. They like to be there for my morning pee. Sometimes Monsoon shows up. It's a pack thing.

Thanks roosty. Frydays are always fun Except for the no skating again this week.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:15 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times

Let's see a centimeter is about the size of your small fingernail. A quarter is about 2 fingernails.

I'll go with 20 MM

They would call it a can of paint I would assume.

Inchworms. It's the name of a creature, not the measurement.

~ Theirs is metric, ours is Correct

Sure, and we do.

My neighbor's dog.

I saw a really cool one yesterday, rust color. So yeah like the looks, just don't want to own one. Not as reliable as others.

Too funny, I recently purchased an expensive cooler that works so well it holds ice for days. When it arrived the walls were so thick with insulation there was very little room inside. What good is a cooler that holds ice for 4 days if the cooler is only big enough to hold enough stuff for one day?

So long way of saying I'm good with my Walmart $20 cooler

I'm hoping clockwise as that's how they are set.

in July?

Same way, heat does not work in relation to the poles the way water does.

So nobody can stop by to see if he is real?

Nah

2 by 4 eh?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times

32 maybe...

So many liters I suppose or a pail.

Inchworms.

~ Theirs is metric, ours is __SAE______.

Potatoes

Cherokees aren't bad.

Yeti's.

That would depend upon the pitch of the blades. We never reverse ours.

in July?
Anyway you want.

It's just cooler there...

No clue!

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Old 09-23-2016, 11:19 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times

10?

.9 British gallons

Centiworms

~ Theirs is metric, ours is ours.

Yep. lots of porcelain molds.

Ny neighbors foo foo dog.

Just the CJ models

Gotta big Igloo and a small collapsable one.

CW

in July?
CCW

No reindeer at the south pole.

Still looking

Had some noodles last nite.

You do not want to scratch Spook the cats belly, you will get scratched.

Thanx Mr Roosty.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:09 PM

7,335 posts, read 2,742,977 times
~ A U.S., 25 cent quarter....how many millimeters across would you guess it is? I do not know though I probably should.

~ I reckon they cannot go buy a gallon of paint in Canada or Europe...(I assume)...then what do they call a can of paint there? I'm pretty sure in Europe they buy 'tins' of paint.

~ What do people call inchworms...in metric countries? Never really thought about it before....

~ Theirs is metric, ours is not ________.

~ Please think...have you anything in your home that you would be willing to give away to someone who may like it plenty? I'm sure I could find something.

~ How about, just for for a silly smile, name something that might be considered FooFoo: Little bunny foofoo.

~ Do you like the body of a Jeep? Some of the models, yes.

~ What sort of cooler(s) do you have or wish you had? Depends on what you mean by cooler.

~ If you run a ceiling fan...in the hottest season...should you have it run clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking UP at it)? counter-clockwise

in July? clockwise

~ Why do you suppose that Santa guy lives at the North Pole? With his clothing, it's too hot to live anywhere else.

~ Have you ever see any treasure? Yep Where? All over my corner of the world. I love our environment with the beautiful blue skies and gorgeous landscapes.

~ What do they call a 2 by 4...in Saskatchewan? I would have to look this one up to know the answer.

Thanks Roosty! I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:19 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Yes, sir. Anything you say, sir! <saluting smartly>

I am going to guess about 35 mm, but I am probably way off.

They probably sell it by the liter, but I really have no clue.

I don't know, but probably not "millimeterworms."

~ Theirs is metric, ours is Imperial. (Whew, I finally got one right!)

Last week I gave away a large shopping bag full of board games and card games that I haven't used in years to a neighbor, a young graduate student who was happy to have them. I also would be willing to give away most of my collection of CDs and DVDs because I very seldom use them any more.

Hot pink feather boas

I noticed that they seem to have updated the body style recently, but I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

The coolers I already have are just fine. I almost never use either of them.

I don't think it matters.

in July?
Same as above.

Because he keeps all those toys in cold storage until Christmas. And because if you were going around dressed in a heavy fur suit all year round, you'd prefer a cold climate, too!

I saw the King Tut exhibit when it was in San Francisco.

Let me think...a board? A plank? I'm sure one of our Canadian friends such as Almrausch can enlighten us.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM

903 posts, read 583,535 times

And why not? Would it be a tiny can?

Centiworm

~ Theirs is metric, ours is ________.
American

I could think of a number of things.

A piny tutu on a guy while running

Which model? I like older wranglers and CJs, but they are huge $ pits.

We have two large Igloo coolers. Would love a Yeti, but man those are expensive.

I know the fan has a little switch, but I'm not sure which way it should be. If I had to guess I would say counter-clockwise thinking that would bring the hot air up and cool air down.

in July?
I think the same. Only toilets spin in the opposite direction, correct?!?

To more easily hide and have a central location from which to reach the rest of the world.

It is all around us, all of the itme.

Love them noodles.

Have a great weekend.
cd :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics