Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

littlemisssunshine
I will trade you a visit to waffle house for a visit to a NJ diner which if we had them down here would be the top of my list

waffle house is cool because after you give your order the waitress/waiter stands on this line and "calls" out the order to the cook . The cook never writes it down or sees the written order and they may have 15 to 20+ orders going and I have to say I have never had one messed up.
here take a look

www.wafflehouse.com/default.asp (broken link)

ok it is now 8 am and I am still starving and hubby has made no noises about breakfast

Last edited by FLPL75; 02-23-2008 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: forgot the wh link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 06:07 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,978,681 times
I agree with roaddog -- best breakfast for me is when camping!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 AM

167 posts, read 258,411 times
We have an all you can eat breakfast bar at a place called Ryan's that is great and pretty reasonable price, but they only serve the breakfast bar on the weekends. For the breakfast anytime place, the only one that I can think of close is Perkins. We also have a place that is in a very old one room school house. It's call the Little Red School House, everything is made to order and is a really neat place to eat. I also like IHOP, but we don't have one that is close, it takes about 1:45 mins. to get there. We only go there when we are visiting family....Picking a favorite is hard to do...lol

Have a good day....

Old 02-23-2008, 06:41 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
I absolutely *adore* breakfast at any time of day.

When the hubby would be away on business trips, the boys and I used to always have breakfast for dinner. Nothing like pancakes and bacon or challah french toast to end the day.

I have had a tasty breakfast here at the Florida House but the service can sometimes be kinda sketchy. I'm still figuring out the best spots to go, but it doesn't help that I am a morning lark married to a night owl--its 8:45am,he's still in bed and I am ravenous for some sustenance.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
There is a place here in Virginia called Aunt Saras. I do not go often, and I do not know if they have other locations..

My mother and I used to go all the time, and I would get the Belgian waffles with whipped cream and cherries on it.

As I got older, I would get the other things, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, stuff like that.

Makes me wanna go back..

Old 02-23-2008, 07:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I absolutely *adore* breakfast at any time of day.

When the hubby would be away on business trips, the boys and I used to always have breakfast for dinner. Nothing like pancakes and bacon or challah french toast to end the day.

I have had a tasty breakfast here at the Florida House but the service can sometimes be kinda sketchy. I'm still figuring out the best spots to go, but it doesn't help that I am a morning lark married to a night owl--its 8:45am,he's still in bed and I am ravenous for some sustenance.
yet another reason for you to come to JAX you,me,riv,hif & mawipafla can all do breakfast Players serves breakfast till 3 or 4

Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
my car..........not always by choice but that's the style I live.I never never never cook,once in the great while.After 2 hours on the road each day back and forth to work and after working 8 hours the last thing I want is to cook and friggin clean up.I have hardly touched my guitar in the last month because Im so friggin tired when I get home.(angry emoticon)

Same about breakfast,I sleep to the very last second then rush out the door to work.Saugage McGRIDDLE while driving.

I don't eat dinner,I have a large lunch.On days off usually I don't eat breakfast one because friggin McDonalds stops serving after 10;30am and teo because Im too lazy to get in my car half the time.I survive on a Cuban coffee all day until late afternoon which is then my one meal of the day,but it's big.

Im a single guy that just doesn't need the hassle of cooking and cleaning,any spare time I have Id rather devote to guitar or being a lazy a$$ on the computer.

I wish I would win the lotto Id friggin retire and then maybe Id take the time to make my own meals....but probably not.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,854,424 times
Quote:
Other than your house ,where is your favorite place to go have breakfast?
Hmm... Hooters? Oh wait, I don't think they're open for breakfast!

Just kidding; If I'm not out in the wild, it's either IHOP or Denny's, whichever is within walking distance to where I'm staying.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:21 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,854,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
my car..........not always by choice but that's the style I live. I never never never cook,once in the great while.After 2 hours on the road each day back and forth to work and after working 8 hours the last thing I want is to cook and friggin clean up.I have hardly touched my guitar in the last month because Im so friggin tired when I get home.(angry emoticon)
I guess that's what you call "Fast Food" (???)

Argghhh!! Karla, I still can't give you rep points! I owe you a couple.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I guess that's what you call "Fast Food" (???)

Argghhh!! Karla, I still can't give you rep points! I owe you a couple.
well I should add there are certain special occassions when I can be convinced to hit the IHOP........if with a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics