Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,504,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
If you ever come through my towm, be sure to stop in at Jerry's for breakfast..uuummmm No self serve stuff from the buffet here..Order and get it freshly cooked while enjoying your delicious cuppa and friendly chat with all the locals
Blue62, is that the same chain as "J-Boy's"? I pass them in Louisville and Jeffersonville, IN on the way to my deliveries; wish I had time to stop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 11:51 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,095,164 times
Here in the Pocono's, I enjoy Cherry's Sunset Diner, The Meadowbrook Diner, and the pork roll sandwiches at Joe's Con. Store.

When we go to Jersey Shore, though - it's the Rusty Rudder.

Have a nice weekend, everybody!
Thanks for a thread to look forward to daily, Karla!

Old 02-23-2008, 12:02 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,638,180 times
Up here were I'm at, there's a little place in town called Common Grounds, nice little coffee shop, I go in there Monday through Friday, get a large mocha and bagel with cream cheese and read the newspaper and then I come back up to the cabin. Now when I am back home there is a place in Annapolis that is called the T&T Diner, they have the best homemade buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy and homestyled homefiies or I might get a stack of hotcakes with two eggs over easy on top with sausage gravy and scrapple with a side order of grits and a large cup of coffee, now that's good eatin.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM

336 posts, read 843,352 times
Hi Karla,Just wandered in from...Hey,I've been out of bed for less than a half hour-so any day for me, breakfast would be late.The only place around here for a real breakfast would be Denny's or for the truly budget friendly,McDonalds.Usually,I'm just in time for lunch. The only time I have breakfast is if I'm travelling and it's complimentary from the hotel!

Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM

54,485 posts, read 33,816,607 times
When I was younger, my place to eat breakfast was either 7-11 or Circle K.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 02-23-2008 at 01:59 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 01:48 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,730,903 times
We like the local: Klamath Grill, or the chain:Black Bear. We went to Elmer's this morning and had avocado eggs benedict. yummy.

Every day is open a bottle day at this house.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times
omg how could I forget breakfast buffets !!!!

Ok so get this around 9:30 or so I finally said to hubby are you hungry and I remembered that when I was shopping the the day I fell for the "As seen on TV ad" and found that "pancake puff"
here is what it is in case you missed the "as seen on TV"
AmeriMark - Pancake Puff™ 7-Piece Set

well lol I decided to give it a try
took a couple tries till I figured the right amount of batter to pour in and get using the turning sticks

but this thing is pretty cool lol they actually end up looking like pancake balls
I then started thinking different things I could make in it

maybe little egg omelets or little corn muffin dogs omg the possibilities are endless rofl

Old 02-23-2008, 03:08 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,569,421 times
I also love those places like Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Bo Jangles, where you can get breakfast type foods later in the day. I am like Blue62. I eat breakfast more at about 2 P. M. when we are on the road. Cracker Barrel is good if you get there after the crowd. I eat breakfast and Dh eats lunch. Works for us.

We were at a hotel in Shamrock (I believe it was Texas) that had gravy biscuits as part of their free breakfast. After the night of tornados and thunder storms, it was like going home to Mom's. Most people there that morning were just happy to be alive. Some of the cars looked like the hail had antiqued them. Our guardian angel was working overtime as usual.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,821,682 times
I’m back,, after all the breakfast talk I took the DW (heavy on the dear) to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then Costco for shopping. We always have great service and good food there at the Cracker and today we hit the timing just right without having to wait.

Mike all that bad food at 7-11 and Circle K must have affected you some way? No one can eat that stuff regularly and not have side effects. hair loss or something.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:23 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,981,943 times
I'm not a huge fan of breakfast - I don't like eggs so that doesn't help!! Breakfast for me is usually a Clif bar and 4 shots of espresso!

I can't believe I was a day early for Open A Bottle Night! Looks like I'll have to try again tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics