U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:55 PM

2,813 posts, read 9,440,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
My tree is up but not decorated yet. I can't find the treetop!

(MoMark - what's that roll of tp doing in your front room? - LOL/)
By the way, your tree looks very nice.
OMG! Someone noticed! I realized it was in the photo after I posted it, but then thought....naaaah...no one will recognize it..! I have really BAD allergies and I've found the TP easiest to blow my nose , so kept a roll handy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
OMG! Someone noticed! I realized it was in the photo after I posted it, but then thought....naaaah...no one will recognize it..! I have really BAD allergies and I've found the TP easiest to blow my nose , so kept a roll handy!
I wasn't going to say anything, but since it's been said I did notice it too. I've done the same thing for the same reason

Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,911,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
A roll of tp is easier to carry around the house w/ you than a box of kleenex. Oh, and I noticed it too.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:44 AM

893 posts, read 1,693,925 times
I used to love getting the tree every year for the cats. Every year they would end up knocking it down. I have great photos of it all decorated and then a photo of the next day almost all bare. I miss having young frisky cats, my youngest is 10 years old. Pretty boring cats now. Plus my 2 best tree ruiners died a few years back or they would probably still be up in the tree. I don't miss having to re wrap the presents because of cat pee though. I had a female cat that would only pee on presents under the tree or on my clothes if I pushed her off my lap that day.

I will decorate 2-3 weeks before the big day. I get a real (cut) tree and if I get it any sooner it always dries out too soon.

I keep a roll of toilet paper on my headboard of my bed year round

Old 11-29-2006, 06:59 AM

1,921 posts, read 3,913,049 times
I usually put the tree up on the first weekend in December. I won't put it up any sooner than that. Besides, it's a pain, because I have to shift my furniture around, in order to have it fit, on the wall, by the fireplace.

We use a fake tree. Have for years. One of the last times we had a real one from a Christmas tree farm, we were invaded by ladybugs, (don't know if they were eggs that hatched in the warmer house, or they were hibernating, or what, but the tree was covered with them. Living decoration! ). Actually, I would like to have a real one again, (I remember, as a kid, going out to the woods to cut one down. You bought a cheap permit from the Forest Service, bounced around on the logging roads in the pickup, slogged through snow, up to your backside, froze everything important...aw, those were the days. ).

It will be interesting to see what my new cat does with the Christmas tree. I lost my polydactyl, (extra toes on his front feet. A "Hemingway" cat. ), back in May. He thought the tree was for him. He played with the ribbons and bows, chewing and knocking them off. He played with the ornaments, (which is why I put as many of the cheapie styrofoam ones wrapped with the silky thread, on the bottom branches). He would climb the trunk, and lay on the branches. He also would lay on the tree skirt, and it didn't matter how many presents were on it. He would squeeze in, anyway. And, he was a big cat! I adopted my new cat, from a shelter, about a month after Murphy died. I don't know anything about her background, so I have no idea what her reaction to a tree will be. She has settled in fairly well, over the last few months, (you know, taken over the house ). We'll see how she handles this.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 AM

1,093 posts, read 2,759,868 times
My tree is going up this weekend.. I LOVE putting up the tree.
What sucks is my husband works in retail.. and that totally kills the holiday time for us because he is all stressed out. but I am getting that dusty box out of storage with the tree and decorations and doing it on Saturday

Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 AM

258 posts, read 802,910 times
Default Seashelly

I was wondering the same thing about the TP on the coffee table, but I was afraid to ask.......

Old 11-29-2006, 08:52 AM

258 posts, read 802,910 times
Wink Hi

I haven't put a tree up since my divorce, which was about 6 or 7yrs now, I am not a Christmas Bah Hum Bug, I just figure that no one sees it anyways but me. I usually have one day off for the holidays, because I work in retail, that sometimes can take the excitement away because Christmas lasts a long time for me. I think my pleasure comes on days like Black Friday when the customers come in with their kids and see all the animated figures, and the blow up figurines.

And MoMark, what kind of Toilet Paper do u use

Charmin, or Cottonelle? (OH NO< NOT THIS AGAIN)

Old 11-29-2006, 08:59 AM

2,813 posts, read 9,440,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
I haven't put a tree up since my divorce, which was about 6 or 7yrs now, I am not a Christmas Bah Hum Bug, I just figure that no one sees it anyways but me. I usually have one day off for the holidays, because I work in retail, that sometimes can take the excitement away because Christmas lasts a long time for me. I think my pleasure comes on days like Black Friday when the customers come in with their kids and see all the animated figures, and the blow up figurines.

Well, the famous roll on that coffee table is whatever the Price Cutter grocery store sells as house brand. I regret buying it because it was cheaper as it's only one-ply. As for Cottonelle...NO WAY... this boy is hairy where Cottonelle meets the road...as it were... and Cottonelle tends to shred on such an unwelcoming surface and then ....adhere... I'm sure the visual is vivid with no need to elaborate more at this point!! I never pay attention to brands unless I don't like them (Cottonelle), or they aren't worth the low cost (house brand). I'm going shopping in a bit anyway to stock up in case we get an ice storm ..and to grab some LaMar's Donuts in town

Old 11-29-2006, 09:01 AM

20,050 posts, read 21,048,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post

Maybe you should put a tree up this year for YOU. When I was single I put a small one up and no one saw it but me and I really enjoyed it. I think you should do special things for yourself, be good to you. Just a thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics