Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 03:18 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
No I do not. That's like asking someone you are at a restaurant with what they are ordering before you decide, like it matters to what YOU want.
I sometimes do, with my hubby, that is .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I can get quite depressed, sometimes, looking into someone's grocery cart at the checkout line.

A man with 2 cases of ramen noodles, packages of the cheapest hot dogs and buns, generic ketchup, I wonder: Is his budget that strained so that's all he can afford?

A mother with 2 children, again, the hot dog buns & cheap hot dogs, and boxes of sugary sweet cereal. Yeah! OK! The kids might scream bloody murder if their cereal wasn't super sweet with no nutritional value!

Sometimes I look at a basket like this, and I want to hide what's in my basket! At least the pork sirloin, pork ribs or Sirloin steaks.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:13 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I know, right? It's interesting sometimes.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:26 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I can get quite depressed, sometimes, looking into someone's grocery cart at the checkout line.

A mother with 2 children, again, the hot dog buns & cheap hot dogs, and boxes of sugary sweet cereal. Yeah! OK! The kids might scream bloody murder if their cereal wasn't super sweet with no nutritional value!
The cereal companies should hang their heads in shame, the crap they push as so called breakfast cereal's. They push their sugar and chocolate flavoured rubbish, and parents buy it, and feed their kids on this junk before they go to school - just scandalous.

Common sense tells parents they shouldn't buy such stuff, but they do so to keep their squawking, demanding kid's quiet. I was given Weetabix or Shredded Wheat when I was a kid. Like it or lump it..... Boy, I would have killed for some Frosties........ Luckily, wiser heads refused my requests. Now, all I hear from kids in supermarkets is, "I WANT COCO POPS." The little darling's parents cower and obey.

Why don't they just screech back, "you'll get Weetabix and like it....... if not, ya can go hungry ya little brat!!" Parent them.... don't try and be their bestest buddy.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:23 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,401,719 times
That cereal HAS nutritional value.

It contains calories, some protein and sugar and will keep a starving person alive. Some people in this world would be grateful to have it. It just doesn't meet your particular 'standards.'

Old 10-11-2016, 08:30 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
That cereal HAS nutritional value.

It contains calories, some protein and sugar and will keep a starving person alive. Some people in this world would be grateful to have it. It just doesn't meet your particular 'standards.'
Sorry to disagree, and yes, I am sure some people in the world would be glad of it. That still doesn't make it good nutrition for children though.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Sorry to disagree, and yes, I am sure some people in the world would be glad of it. That still doesn't make it good nutrition for children though.

Well, in my first post, I did say 'judge away,' so have at it!

Old 10-11-2016, 04:08 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,988 times
I'll probably start after seeing this thread, but no, I look at the people, I might know them.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:35 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
Yes..... In Florida standing in line I would just wonder and shake my head.. 2 dirty kids less than 3-4 years old.. 8 six packs of beer... personal hygiene products ..... 4-5 bags of chips... and a carton of smokes.. and 2 jars of baby food..

Old 10-14-2016, 01:54 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
I shop at a salvage grocery store once a week. Occasionally I'll spy something in someone's cart and then go look for the item, and dang it, they got the last one.

I have had people try to get stuff out of my cart which I find annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics