Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:28 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,200 times

Advertisements

Mornin'/evenin' all!

Gotta post a little early tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Time to pause for a moment and relax with your favorite morning beverage and today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them?

How about friends that live far away?

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice." So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions?

Just for Fun:
Apart from the obvious; kids, spouse, etc., what are three things that have changed your life (lip balm, over-the-tank toilet paper holder, etc.)
1.)
2.)
3.)

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1963 Beatles record "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
Birthday: 1945 John Lithgow, U.S. actor
Sports: 1981 Los Angeles Dodgers beat Montreal Expos for NL pennant
Science/Technology: 1981 Nicolaas Bloembergen and Arthur Schawlow win Nobel for physics (laser)

Today’s Word:
bushwa or bushwah
Pronunciation: (BUSH-wa)
Meaning: noun: Nonsense; bull.
Etymology: Of uncertain origin. Perhaps a mispronunciation of bourgeois.
Earliest documented use: 1920.

Today is:
Evaluate Your Life Day
International Print Day
LGBT Center Awareness Day
Medical Assistants Recognition Day
National Seafood Bisque Day
Unity Day

Quote of the Day:
"If you read in front of your kids, it's very likely that they'll become readers, too." ~ John Lithgow ~

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 09:33 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today's Question(s):
If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them? 1800 miles.

How about friends that live far away? 1800 miles too.

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice." So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions? Java.

Just for Fun:
Apart from the obvious; kids, spouse, etc., what are three things that have changed your life (lip balm, over-the-tank toilet paper holder, etc.)
[b]1.) Military
2.) Marriage
3.) Children

Happy Hump Day, off to Albuquerque Wed am.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 PM

11,082 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Today's Question(s):
If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them? When son-in-law was stationed in Germany, we flew 4800 miles to visit for a couple weeks. Flew that far and the first store we went to?
WALMART! lol

How about friends that live far away? Visited facebook friends in Pa and NC while traveling to see family

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice." So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions?
Now days I'd say cherry lime ade sparkling water.

Just for Fun:
1.) Debit cards
2.) Microwave oven
3.) Retirement

Old 10-18-2016, 09:49 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Today's Question(s):
If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them?
3298 nautical miles. Honolulu to Dallas.

2069 miles. Ft. Worth to Seattle.

Bonus Question:
Coffee

Just for Fun:
1.) Graduating from college
2.) My first car
3.) Automatic garage door opener.

Today in History:
Science/Technology: 1981 Nicolaas Bloembergen and Arthur Schawlow win Nobel for physics (laser)

Today’s Word:
bushwa or bushwah

Today is:
Evaluate Your Life Day
International Print Day
National Seafood Bisque Day Yummy!
Unity Day

Quote of the Day:
"If you read in front of your kids, it's very likely that they'll become readers, too." ~ John Lithgow ~ I know that is true in my family.

Thank you, PC. I hope your day is filled with great joy.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:14 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Time to pause for a moment and relax with your favorite morning beverage (water) and today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them? Coupla thou

How about friends that live far away? Blood is thicker than fuel.

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice."
So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions? About the only thing I drink besides water is V8.

Just for Fun:
1.) Internet
2.) Automobiles
3.) Musical instruments

Quote of the Day:
"If you read in front of your kids, it's very likely that they'll become readers, too." ~ John Lithgow ~

Old 10-18-2016, 10:25 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin'/evenin' all!

We like early!

Time to pause for a moment and relax with your favorite morning beverage and today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
Although there have been several outliers over the years, our regular trips at least once or twice a year over 30+ years were 1,200 mile round-trips to see most all of our family & old friends while living in Dallas.

How about friends that live far away? ^^^

Bonus Question:
Always coffee

Just for Fun:
1.) Technology
2.) Relocations
3.) Retirement

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
bushwa or bushwah

Today is:
Evaluate Your Life Day
International Print Day
Unity Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats, good job!

Happy wandering Wednesday all, enjoy!

Old 10-18-2016, 11:25 PM

38,860 posts, read 22,849,388 times
I was wondering when I'd get my favorite lucky QOTD slot.

Today's Question(s)
:

If you have family that lives far away, how far is the farthest you've had to travel to see them? My overseas relatives are in the Philippines, which is about 7300 miles from here. A very LONG flight.

How about friends that live far away? About 1500 miles (Texas).

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice." So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions? Either iced tea or milk.

Just for Fun:
1.) Kindle reader
2.) Computer with high-speed Internet access
3.) Netflix

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Old 10-18-2016, 11:36 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Mornin'/evenin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Bahama Islands.

Some here on CD!

Bonus Question:
Iced tea ....same as always.

Just for Fun:
1.) A visit to the ER in 2001
2.) An operation in 2002
3.)Another ER visit in the last year or two.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
bushwa or bushwah

Today is:
Evaluate Your Life Day
International Print Day
Unity Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats! Nice job!

Old 10-18-2016, 11:55 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Today's Question(s):
When I lived in New York City, I had to fly 3000 miles to see my family.

I have a friend who lives 833 miles away in Washington State, one who is 1,800 miles away in Texas and another who is 2,900 miles away in New Jersey. I used to have a very dear online friend 5,260 miles away in South Wales, but he died unexpectedly last month and I am very sad that I will never get to meet him in person.

Bonus Question:
Generally I'm answering late at night, so I would only drink water, if anything.

Just for Fun:
1.) Medical cannabis
2.) Retirement
3.) Working out regularly

Thanks, PatsCats!

Old 10-19-2016, 12:51 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,400 times
Today's Question(s):
Vermont to Florida, so between 1,500 and 2,000 miles, I think.

How about friends that live far away? Only a few hundred, to Maine.

Bonus Question:
Occasionally I say "grab your favorite go-juice." So, what is your go-juice of choice while answering questions? Chai

Just for Fun:
1.) My kayak
2.) Vacationing during the summer..... I used to tutor and take classes during the summers.
3.) Music.... Live music

Today’s Word:
bushwa or bushwah

Quote of the Day:

My older daughter was complaining about how hard it is to get her seven year old daughter going in the morning, because all she wants to do is sit in bed and read. Made me laugh. Karma.

Have a good day everyone! Thanks, same to you, PC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics