Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,206 times

Advertisements

Today's Varied Questions:

Betty White

I'd walk a mile for:
a 5 dollar bill
What fuel does your home's heater use?
I believe ours is natural gas.
Would you rather go for an hour long hike in a forest or a desert, and why?
Desert. Haven't seen the desert since I was 6 or 7 years old. Though I certainly wouldn't mind a walk in the woods. Just not today though, it's a little wet here right now.
Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce?
No
Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus?
No
People used to mend holes in socks. Now we're more likely to throw them away.
-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore?
People used to actually want to have conversations and used to be aware of things in public. Now all they do is stare at their little screens.

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream?

Ever have a soft serve cone dipped in chocolate?

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend?
N/A to all three. Never eaten any of them, don't care to try.
Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title':
Despite the fact that I work at a restaurant, none come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times

Betty ___Page_________

I'd walk a mile for: exercise

What fuel does your home's heater use? gas

Would you rather go for an hour long hike in a forest or a desert, and why?The forest, because I love the environment. The desert would be too hot, beautiful, but hot.

Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce? quite a few people

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? yes

-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore? people use to live off the land and grow their own food, make their own clothing, build their own houses, hunt their own food, make their own medicines....it's a shame those skills are dying out.

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream? 1982 Thrifty's in Safford AZ

Ever have a soft serve cone dipped in chocolate?yes

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend?no

Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title': Drinks: Shirley Temple, Roy Rogers Dishes: Ceasar salad, Reuben sandwhich, Salisbury Steak Deserts: bananas Fosters

Old 10-27-2016, 06:27 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times

Betty _Lorraine_______ (An old song by Johnny Horton.)

I'd walk a mile for: a lower A1C.

What fuel does your home's heater use? We have natural gas central heating in the city. At the farm we can use a choice of propane central heating or hardwood pellets in two stationary stoves. One of our pellets stoves also can use dried corn or peach pits but we've never burned those fuels yet.

Would you rather go for an hour long hike in a forest or a desert, and why? Either works for me but a long walk in the real deserts of northern Africa would have been a chance of a lifetime for me. Deserts can be much more biologically interesting than heavy forests.

Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce? Yes.

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? No.

-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore? Listen more than they talk with the exception of party line people of the past.

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream? Like AK Mutt, I think that was at a Golden Corral.

Ever have a soft serve cone dipped in chocolate? Yes

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend? No. I like most of it.

Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title': Melba toast.

Thanks BJH.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:53 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times

Betty White

I'd walk a mile for: early morning walk

What fuel does your home's heater use? Gas heater

Would you rather go for an hour long hike in a forest or a desert, and why? Forest. I would be too thirsty in a desert!
Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce? Yes many

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? No I don't

-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore? Drive stick shifts

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream? At home

Ever have a soft serve cone dipped in chocolate? Yes!

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend? Lemon cake

Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title': Not me!

Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times

Betty Crooked...Err.. I mean Crocker..

I'd walk a mile for: Exercise?

What fuel does your home's heater use? - No fuel.... it's all electric.

Would you rather go for an hour long hike in a forest or a desert, and why? - I live in a desert, so a forest would be good change..

Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce? - Hmm.. When I divorced my girlfriend she called me a few names I'd rather not repeat... Does that count? - I have no idea..

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? - Why?

-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore? - People SPOKE to each other while they were out, rather than stared at screens on their smart phones..

I'm on a diet today so I'll skip the Foodie questions.. Thanks BJH.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:57 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Can't believe I forgot these.

Betty _____
I was thinking Boop. Then White. To be different I'll add Garrett. Remember her? ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Garrett

I'd walk a mile for:
Ice cream. That way my metabolism is ready to burn it off.

Natural gas.

Forests are more beautiful to me. I don't get how deserts are beautiful, and yes I've seen them.

Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce?
Yep, including a male colleague who had hyphenated his name with hers.

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? I do.

-Can you tell us another thing people used to do, but maybe don't as much anymore?
Lots of good ones. I'll say, use film cameras instead of digital. A lot of us remember
having to wait to see how pictures come out. Now we can just look at them right away.

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream? DQ

Ever have a
soft serve cone dipped in chocolate? This or with hot fudge and peanuts.

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend? Ben and Jerry's fudge brownie.

Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title':
Trying to come up with something that hasn't been said. I'll say Baby Ruth candy bar.

Thanks everyone for being part of the daily questions family. You all rock!

Old 10-29-2016, 09:47 AM

12,163 posts, read 2,959,937 times

Betty _
spaghetti lol ___________

I'd walk a mile for:
the exercise

Gas

I'll try the desert. I've never walked aroundin one. I'll carry plenty of water!

Do you know anyone who changed their name (back) after a divorce? Not that I know of, but probably.

Do you or yours use a biteguard or other nighttime teeth saving apparatus? No.

Train their employees. Is it jsut me or are retail employees becoming more and more dense?

Foodie Questions:
What's a time or place you had soft serve ice cream?
Mickey Dee's

Ever have a
soft serve cone dipped in chocolate? Yes.

Do you have a brand or flavor of frozen yogurt you recommend? Braums. A regional brand here.
Brandy Alexander. Steak Diane. Name a food or dish that includes a person's name in the 'title': Peggy's Frito pie or brown Betty.

Thank you, bjh, this was refreshing. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics