Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 06:34 AM

37,754 posts, read 40,836,000 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? And what is your favorite form of entertainment?

These days: My first priority is - Do I have to get dressed up? My second priority is - Do I have to drive somewhere at night? Therefore, these days, TV is fine. I have a gazillion movie channels and a comfy chair. If I was in my 30s, I'd probably say "a live NHL game."

Bonus Question(s):
When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more?

No lists unless I'm shopping for a road trip. I deliberately choose a smaller sized shopping cart and then always wish I hadn't.

Just For Fun:
Do you own an iron? If so, do you use it?
What kind of things might you iron:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?

I haven't owned an iron in 21 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 07:24 AM

4,037 posts, read 2,895,930 times
Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? #1 would be content. Is the play interesting? Is the orchestra playing works that I enjoy? If not, I'd rather stay home and read :-)

And what is your favorite form of entertainment? Live theatre.

When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more? Must make a list or I'd forget most of what I needed to buy.

Do you own an iron? If so, do you use it? I do and I do.
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other? I also use it when I'm sewing to press seams or the finished garment/item.

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Last edited by KiwiKate; 11-02-2016 at 07:33 AM..

Old 11-02-2016, 07:36 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,976,011 times
Mornin' all!

Grab your favorite morning beverage, and settle in for a few moments for today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? And what is your favorite form of entertainment? Watching people in real life being stupid

Bonus Question(s):
When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more? I shop with no clue as to what I want or need.

Just For Fun:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?
Have not used an iron in years. Don't even know if I still have one

Old 11-02-2016, 07:40 AM

7,329 posts, read 5,447,523 times
Mornin' all!

Grab your favorite morning beverage, and settle in for a few moments for today's Questions.

Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? And what is your favorite form of entertainment?. Simple enjoyment of watching TV or movies.

Bonus Question(s):
When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more?. I always have a list.

Just For Fun:
Do you own an iron? If so, do you use it?. I own an iron but never use it.
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM
bjh

59,854 posts, read 30,226,089 times
Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other?
For live events, whether a show will be worth it, what the audience will be like, the time and
place, parking, traffic, how late or early, whether to eat before or after.

And what is your favorite form of entertainment?
Live music.

Bonus Question(s):
When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more?
If I make a list, I may or may not take it or refer to it.
Often I go by memory and usually get everything.

Just For Fun:
curtains? Really?
shirts? Rarely
sheets?
underwear?
other?
Have very few things that need ironing and that's the idea.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:32 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,730,080 times
[quote=PatsCats;46032957]Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? And what is your favorite form of entertainment?
Just give me an empty movie theater with a great movie, some popcorn, and a coke icee and I'm in heaven

Bonus Question(s):

I have to have a list for grocery shopping and even then I manage to forget something.

Just For Fun:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1959 Charles Van Doren confesses, TV quiz show-"21," was fixed
Birthday: 1913 Burt Lancaster, U.S. actor (d. Oct. 20, 1994)
Sports: 1991 Nevada makes biggest comeback in NCAA football history, overcoming a 35-pt deficit in the 3rd quarter and rallying to beat Weber State 55-49
Science: 2014 The U.N. issues a report concluding that immediate global actions are needed to prevent runaway impacts of climate change; the report claims failure to act now will result in extensive future damage which will be prohibitively expensive to control
Technology: 1936 1st high-definition TV broadcast service, by BBC in London

Today’s Word:
xerophilic
Pronunciation: (zee-ruh-FIL-ik)
Meaning: adjective: Adapted to a very dry or desert environment.
Etymology: From Greek xero- (dry) + -philic (liking).
Earliest documented use: 1961.

Today is:
All Soul's Day
Deviled Egg Day
Look for Circles Day
Plan Your Epitaph Day
Stress Awareness Day

Quote of the Day:
"Sell yourself first, if you want to sell anything." ~ Burt Lancaster ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks Pat you too dear one. Yesterday we took a 12 mile bike ride and a woman stopped to talk to us as we rested for the 6 mile ride back. It turned out we worked together at the big box and she worked in the hyperbaric chamber next to our department. I would bring vent patients there from time to time so I'm sure we talked a time or two.

On Sunday I went to Hells Gate haunted house with a friend and we stopped to talk to the bored police officers in the parking lot. It turns out one of the officers grew up in my town and we knew quite a few people in common. It really is a small world.

Time to take down Halloween before the rain comes. This really nice girl stopped and helped me take down some lights last night and her dog was really sweet too

Old 11-02-2016, 09:42 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,124,692 times
Hey, a thousand posts! It feels like I joined this website only yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
I generally focus on enjoyment; if the premise sounds interesting enough for me to justify using my personal time to watch, then I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Bonus Question(s):
When I shop, I recall stuff from memory. Works 98% of the time, I'd say.

Quote:
Just For Fun:
No.

Quote:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?
All of the above (well, except for underwear).

Quote:
Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1959 Charles Van Doren confesses, TV quiz show-"21," was fixed
Birthday: 1913 Burt Lancaster, U.S. actor (d. Oct. 20, 1994)
Sports: 1991 Nevada makes biggest comeback in NCAA football history, overcoming a 35-pt deficit in the 3rd quarter and rallying to beat Weber State 55-49
Science: 2014 The U.N. issues a report concluding that immediate global actions are needed to prevent runaway impacts of climate change; the report claims failure to act now will result in extensive future damage which will be prohibitively expensive to control
Technology: 1936 1st high-definition TV broadcast service, by BBC in London

Today’s Word:
xerophilic

Today is:
All Soul's Day
Deviled Egg Day
Look for Circles Day
Plan Your Epitaph Day
Stress Awareness Day

Quote of the Day:
"Sell yourself first, if you want to sell anything." ~ Burt Lancaster ~

- skbl17

Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,231,955 times
Today's Question(s):
The simple enjoyment of it. Though I've never been to a live music show, I'd love to go. Don't care too much for movies or most TV shows these days.

Bonus Question(s):
Usually from memory, and I usually am successful at bringing everything home I want (and sometimes more! )

Just For Fun:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?
We have an iron, but I'm not the one who uses it.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:13 AM

24,325 posts, read 25,835,443 times
Today's Question(s):
Lately it's been the tv and a occasional early movie and a nice lunch a a nearby restaurant.

Bonus Question(s):
Grocery shopping the Super Chief normally makes a list.
All oter stores no list unless it's a big project.

Just For Fun:
Yes and no.

curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear?
other?
Ya gotta ask the Super Chief cuz I dunno.

Thanx PatsCats.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:47 AM

902 posts, read 578,490 times

Today's Question(s):
When you are deciding on your entertainment choices, movie, television show, live music, whatever, what is your priority; location (near by), actors/performers, the simple enjoyment of it? Other? And what is your favorite form of entertainment? Just depends on what we are in the mood for. We watch more movies at home as the cost at the theaters is quite high these days. But, we do go from time-to-time. Saw a local singer recently at a very small venue. It was very pleasant.

Bonus Question(s):
When you have to go shopping, any kind of shopping (grocery, clothes, hardware, office supplies...), do you make a list, or are you able to shop from memory and successfully bring home everything you intended to buy? And maybe a bit more? Without a list we usually spend way more than planned. For groceries, my wife prefers me to stay home. I tend to add lots of things to the cart.

Just For Fun:
curtains?
shirts?
sheets?
underwear? ( is right. Who irons their underwear?!?)
other? Dress slacks if wrinkled. Hardly wear them though. I used the iron about a month ago and prior to that hadn't used it in years.

Today’s Word:
xerophilic
I prefer some moisture. I get parched very easily.

Today is:
Plan Your Epitaph Day - Just hope that the time between the dashes helped someone have an improved life.
Stress Awareness Day - I'm aware that I don't need any more of it.

You, too. Thank you for the questions. :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics